View Poll Results: do you set the monitor contrast all the way up?

29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I set it all the way up

15 51.72%
  • No, it is too bright, i set it in the middle.

14 48.28%

Thread: do you set the contrast all the way up?

Default do you set the contrast all the way up?

the gamma correction of photshop advice us to set the contrast all the way up. hmm, ain't it too bright?

the reason I make this poll is because it is pain in the neck by doing all the color / contrast/ brightness/gamma correction with every scan job. so whose setting is more accurately? do i stick to my own setting?
    Last edited by ninelives; 31st March 2002 at 04:36 PM.

if its too bright then turn down the brightness (either by monitor's controls or software controls) not the contrast...

Perth Australia

It's not too bright, nor too contrasty! You'll get used to it after a while.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

more polls please, so I can adjust my scans accordingly.

Yes, you have to set the contrast all the way up, and then adjust black point (normally by turning down the brightness).

Even though I use hardware colorimeter, the workflow remains the same: turn up contrast, adjust brightness, and only then do hardware calibration.

Singapore, Singapore, Singapor

Once properly calibrated, it won't be "too bright". You need to adjust the monitor gamma as well. You can do that by eye, using a tool like Adobe Gamma, or by hardware, e.g. ColorVision Monitor Spyder.

I find it too bright wat i do is leave the monitor's settings alone calibrating it. Then reduce the brightness using my video card's software and then save the profile.

So when I need to do scanning, I just "uncheck" the colour profile.