Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any F1 fans in Clubsnap?

newcamuser2b
    Guests

Originally posted by ninelives
    1: takumi - Toyota Tureno(86)

i tod tat was initial-d

Well i'm one of the official photographer in sepang when ever f1 comes to town,

Lucky you.

Originally posted by newcamuser2b

i tod tat was initial-d

Fellow F1 fanS! how r u guys!

I've been following F1 only since 1998-99, then singapore was showing delayed telecast of F1 on sundays (showing the race of previous sunday). I didn't know many things abt F1 then.

When sportcity started showing F1, I started following much more closely. I was a ferrari fan then. Michael was always behind the faster mclaren-clad Mika. But in 2000, things finally went in ferrari's way. How sweeeet that was!

Some of my fav races were sepang (not sure which yr), where the 2 ferraris got spinned off inthe wet, pitted for intermediates, and overtook everyone to take a wet wet 1-2 race.

monza2002. a most boring race like many others of the same season. But the most spectacular post race celebrations. a whole sea of read along the pit straight. a custom podium built for the mighty ferrari winning the 1-2 and ex ferrari driver irvine getting 3rd. it doesn't get better than that!

austria2002. they most nauseting end to a race ever. I din know whether to quit F1 or quit ferrari all together. michael schumacher was a complete jerk and I took a long time to get over it. I believe he's still best ever driver since i started watching F1. Go read junes F1 racing mag about his dairies.

now i still like ferrari, the race cars and stuff. but i don't really support michael anymore. I do hope Kimi can win this yr. 5 time world champ is enough for schuey for all his controversy and records.

it's next to impossilbe to take gd pix of F1 unless u'r an official shooter with all the proper gear. I've just started with photography abt 7mths and only has a G2.

i've only been to 2 GPs so far.
    sepang 2002

monaco2003

I'm looking forward to next yr sepang and shanghai races, maybe I can get a chance to go. : ) and I'll be working from next yr, so shld have more money for better seats!

Ok just to add in a little, for those who are really in to racing, maybe you guys can try something dirffrent, go attend the Macau GP as this will be the anniversary, promise alot of goodies,
    I 've been there for the last 5 years shooting for some overseas magazine

Originally posted by PageUp
    I'm Ferrari fan myself. Here's one question for you F1 fans. Is it the car or the driver?
    Key factor is MONEY. All are not equal in F1 because of the availability of funds for the teams. The greatest influence is the amount of funds which will go towards the engine, chassis and tire developments, and driver selection. Ferrari, Mclaren, Williams have larger budgets than the other teams except for Toyota which is new.
    With funds come strategy (which focus on car development). So far Ferrari had been shrewd in their strategy (and i may add tactics). They were quicker to field the improved Ferrari. The top 3 teams are fielding their new cars to keep their advantage.
    The car then the driver. I don't think there is much a great driver like Schumi can do in a Minardi car to beat say Justin Wilson in a Ferrari. More closer to the top 3 teams, I don't think Schumi driving the current Mclaren can beat Kimi in a Ferrari. But I think Schumi in a Ferrari will beat Kimi in a Ferrari for this season. We should see Kimi on the podium more next season given the rate he is developing. The drivers are all selected based on their past performance and of course sponsorship. So they ought to meet a minimum standard. Of course there may be some who can't make the grade in F1 racing like Pizzonia and Alex Yoong.
    Got to say this season's F1 is more interesting with the new rules and the new cars.

u are damn right kingpin.

when Kimi was driving for Sauber. He had almost no fans. At least I never heard of anyone who liked him at that time. And of course he could not do much with Sauber car.

When he jumped ship, there are lots of complimentary about him. It seems like, such a sudden, his skill has imporved tremendously.

It is the fund behind the team that driver the car, the fund to employ the good river, ie to persuade Kimi to join.

Do u guys know what is Michael's year paid (excluding bonus )? He is the highest paid sportsman currently.

Originally posted by wong_se

Do u guys know what is Michael's year paid (excluding bonus )? He is the highest paid sportsman currently.
    That is not an interesting detail..what's more interesting is that the guy waving the lollipop to direct the car in the pit lane, and then waving him off, is paid about $50,000 per wave...

But that is also one of the most important job, he is usually the crew leader (as in MacDonalds?)

Anyway, got interested in F1 when i was in Primary school, seems like so long time ago...I use to watch a lot of the Superbike Grand Prixs too, but not now...

All-time driver: Ayrton Senna
    All-time team: McLaren
    Current favourite driver: Kimi (who else but a McLaren team driver)
    BUT favourite strategist: Jean Todt (Ferrari)

Originally posted by wong_se

when Kimi was driving for Sauber. He had almost no fans. At least I never heard of anyone who liked him at that time. And of course he could not do much with Sauber car.

That was because he was only legally allowed to race in F1 in 2002. He was only 21 then.

By the way, Kimi driving for Sauber in 2002, was the only reason why Sauber became number 5 in the Constructor's Championship. Not too bad at all, so goes on to prove that he was already someone to take note of.

Hi,

I'm not much of a Ferrari fan, I like Mika Hakkinen when he used to race. It's a shame that the West McLaren Mercedes ares are not reliable.

Kimi seems to be the poster boy of F1 recently. Hope he does well this season, but I think Schumy's skill and the speed of the Ferrari pretty much sealed this year's championship. With BMW Williams coming up to the party, McLaren's chances are not good at all.

Cheers,

p.s. I like the colors of the Jordon car, especially 2 seasons ago.

Blog Entries

The all timers list is quite disappointing...

where is Hill? Mansel? Piquet? Lauder? Stewart?

current:
    fav racer: Schumi
    fav team: Scuderia Ferrari

Past:
    fav racer: senna and Mansell
    fav team: Williams

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    1: takumi - Toyota Tureno(86)
    He dun belong to F1

fav racer: JPM
    fav team: Mclaren

(How I wish JPM can move to Mclaren...haha)

hates: MS

(woohoo... his tyre blew in the last race, tht's probably the best moment in the race)

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se

Heh heh...not true. I do like him a little bit, coz his driving style is similar to Mika, whose my fav racer at that time. He's too cool to be a racer-type...haha. Unfortunately, as u say, he's in a sauber, which I find it a disgust to hv fav racer in a sauber...hahahahah

So this year F1 is sure full of action. One point difference between each of 3 championship leaders. Ferrari lost its lead in constructors. Alonso wins a GP....whwaw what is going on?
    Gee.. this IS going to be a photofinish for sure.

Ya close competition amongst the top 3 drivers and constructors. Alonso did well to win. But feel that the track (which makes overtaking difficult) helped him as he got off to a good start and stayed ahead of the pack so he was not held back by slower drivers or cars like Kimi was by Weber. All credits to Renault for a reliable car yesterday.
    Next race at Monza will be interesting. I think the Monza track favours Ferrari and Williams due to the longer high speed straights. Reliability is beginning to trouble Ferrari. Going to be an interesting and exciting last 3 races.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12