Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: events shoot?

Default events shoot?

hi to all seniors....

question on charges n things to provide needed to start a events shoot(etc on daily basies... hourly... no of shots/miminum pcs?... anywhere reccomened places for photo prints/photo slides/dvd slides?... what sizes of prints?...

how to go abt?

thank you for your interest to look into n info provided....
    cheers

Default Re: events shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by salomon View Post
    hi to all seniors....

question on charges n things to provide needed to start a events shoot(etc on daily basies... hourly... no of shots/miminum pcs?... anywhere reccomened places for photo prints/photo slides/dvd slides?... what sizes of prints?...

how to go abt?

thank you for your interest to look into n info provided....
    cheers
    Look for RCs or CCs for a start. They are willing to pay S$120/- to S$300/- plus according to experience and the things you provided them (prints, CDs, album).

For S$170/-, I charged RCs and CCs with 100 4R prints, designed DVD cover and label and a 4R album. Usually I got back S$120/- after minus off those prints...etc. I charged this S$170/- becos its a long term cooperation with them and I am not depending on freelance jobs for bread & butter. I am photographing full time elsewhere.

As a whole, how much you charged really depends on how much you want to minus off for the prints and CDs...etc. Also dont forget that not only you can get contacts during these events shots, you can extend your contacts with other chairmen and members of other zones as well.

Approach your RC chairman is the first steps to start. Also print your own namecards...

yea..RC is a good place to start..recently, i started shooting for the cc near my place and i have 2 upcoming assignments with them..

they usually pay me $120 for 1 shoot+1CD/DVD, without any developing..

best thing about this is, if the regional newsletter got send their own pro photographer, you can exchange contact with him for assigments..also, some cc participants may approach you if they need a photographer for an event..

Quote Originally Posted by ShuLL View Post
    yea..RC is a good place to start..recently, i started shooting for the cc near my place and i have 2 upcoming assignments with them..

they usually pay me $120 for 1 shoot+1CD/DVD, without any developing..

best thing about this is, if the regional newsletter got send their own pro photographer, you can exchange contact with him for assigments..also, some cc participants may approach you if they need a photographer for an event..
    S$120 for an event. or are you charging S$120 for 1 photo? if $120 per event regardless of hours please pm me your contact. if S$120 per photo - also pm me I need to learn how to market myself from you.

Quote Originally Posted by hanqiang1011 View Post
    For S$170/-, I charged RCs and CCs with 100 4R prints, designed DVD cover and label and a 4R album. Usually I got back S$120/- after minus off those prints...etc. I charged this S$170/- becos its a long term cooperation with them and I am not depending on freelance jobs for bread & butter. I am photographing full time elsewhere.
    no wonder the market is so bad. S$170 per hour ah.

Blog Entries

i also want his contact
    i have jobs for you if you charge $120 per shoot, regardless of time

skull, pls contact me....i will have assignments for u also....need your portfolio.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    i also want his contact
    i have jobs for you if you charge $120 per shoot, regardless of time

I charge 120 per shoot for CC......

Deregistered

aiyo so cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by kelvinkhoo View Post
    I charge 120 per shoot for CC......
    good keep it up! CC needs photographer like you to survive on their tight budget.

S$170 for a job... Usually its 4 hours... Why not?

If you think you can do jobs higher than my charges, congrads (by all means go ahead) and may more come in your way.

Spoliting the maket, I reckon not becos its a long term cooperation with them. I guess different ppl shared different perspective but not need sacastic remarks.

Now lets get back to the threadstarter's thread.
    Last edited by hanqiang1011; 3rd October 2008 at 10:17 AM.

For events like cc and rc, i used to charge $250 with 804r, abt 2 to 3hrs, if more hrs like 5hrs, will go to abt $400 to $500, but never at $170 4hrs.

no wonder i lost those contacts after serving them for abt 2 years......., mine is west side and east sides.....

good for the CCs and RCs.....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

This is why I stop shooting for CCs and RCs except when a "friend" ask me to shoot which I don't mind even if it's less that what's stated here
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by hanqiang1011 View Post
    S$170 for a job... Usually its 4 hours... Why not?

If you think you can do jobs higher than my charges, congrads (by all means go ahead) and may more come in your way.

Spoliting the maket, I reckon not becos its a long term cooperation with them. I guess different ppl shared different perspective but not need sacastic remarks.

Now lets get back to the threadstarter's thread.
    no worries, keep it up. As long as it brings profit to you.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    This is why I stop shooting for CCs and RCs except when a "friend" ask me to shoot which I don't mind even if it's less that what's stated here
    my long term client told me about this rate hence me also no more business from them. Accept video production.
    I met that photographer on a few occasions - I took my hat off him.

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    For events like cc and rc, i used to charge $250 with 804r, abt 2 to 3hrs, if more hrs like 5hrs, will go to abt $400 to $500, but never at $170 4hrs.

no wonder i lost those contacts after serving them for abt 2 years......., mine is west side and east sides.....

good for the CCs and RCs.....
    can i then offer S$250 for AD - should be good for the wedding couples.

Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    my long term client told me about this rate hence me also no more business from them. Accept video production.
    I met that photographer on a few occasions - I took my hat off him.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

$250 for AD shoot? Can I sub contract AD shoot to you?

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    $250 for AD shoot? Can I sub contract AD shoot to you?
    can lah. when? 360pcs of edited 4R with album and CD. Max 12 hours hor.

This is OT hor
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast