Thread: T-Mount Converter / Adapter

Question T-Mount Converter / Adapter

Hello Everybody,

I would like to seek help from everybody about this concern that I have. I wanted to buy an old lens. the lens is a Sigma 500 mm 1.8 T-Mount Mirror Ultra Telephoto (as per description from the AD).

I dont know how I can use that lense on my Nikon D80 Body. I was informed that I would need a converter / adaptor to be able to use it with my camera body.

Can anybody advice me on which or what converter / adapter that I can use for the lens to fit my Nikon D80? I would highly appreciate all the help.

Thank you in advance.

Default Re: T-Mount Converter / Adapter

Quote Originally Posted by caloyski View Post
    Hello Everybody,

I would like to seek help from everybody about this concern that I have. I wanted to buy an old lens. the lens is a Sigma 500 mm 1.8 T-Mount Mirror Ultra Telephoto (as per description from the AD).

I dont know how I can use that lense on my Nikon D80 Body. I was informed that I would need a converter / adaptor to be able to use it with my camera body.

Can anybody advice me on which or what converter / adapter that I can use for the lens to fit my Nikon D80? I would highly appreciate all the help.

Thank you in advance.
    You will need to buy a Nikon F-Mount T-ring. If you can't find it from Cathay, try AstroScientific Centre at Science Centre Omnitheatre. If there is already a T-ring on the lens itself, unscrew it and screw on the F-mount one.

You can only use the lens in manual mode and there is no metering on D80.

Thank you very much for your reply lsisaxon. really appreciate it. i walked around orchard and went to Lords photo shop and asked them what i need. they said that there were no converters for the kind of lens that i wanted to use.i dont think they know what i need. lol

thank you again for your advice. my follow up question now is: are there anymore shops selling Nikon F-Mount T-ring? roughly how much would it cost?

i found a converter over the internet. i have attached the link on this email:

http://porters.com/Merchant2/merchan...roduct_Count=5

Would the converter be the same as the Nikon F-Mount T-ring?

wahhhh difficult getting part for different kinds of lenses.

My friend who is suppose to buy the lens for me was not able to get the mentioned lens due to a trouble with the seller. seller of the lens backed out of the transaction since the seller sold the lens to someone else even though the seller and my friend already had an agreement. UNWORTHY FAKE ******* SELLER as what my friend described to me. Beware of the seller named Nicholas68 which is also a clubsnapper!