Thread: Need help frm cold...

Unhappy Need help frm cold...

I was getting all excited and starting to think of the places of where to go for Japan at the end of the year when I realised something....

IT IS WINTER TIME IN DECEMBER!!!!

I recalled a time when my dad's camera was busted when he went to Australia (it was around -2 degrees). He said that the LCD went black, the whole camera juz 'froze up' and he wasn't able to operate it anymore.

I'm wondering abt how to go about protecting my camera from the cold winter. Any help fellaz?

Not much to worry, I went to Hokkaido in Februarey this year, with my Sony F717, it was freezing like -10 to -20 degree, the Sony worked fine and no proble. But you got to take note:
    1. your battery will last much shorter life, I always carry a spare one inside my pocket to keep it warm.
    2. when you walk from the freeze outside to the warmth inside, your camera lens will form a frost.
    3. the snow is flying sideways, not downwards, when the snow hit your equipment, it will melt and become water droplets, so you got to find something to protect your equipment from snow flying everywhere.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Astin
    Not much to worry, I went to Hokkaido in Februarey this year, with my Sony F717, it was freezing like -10 to -20 degree, the Sony worked fine and no proble. But you got to take note:
    1. your battery will last much shorter life, I always carry a spare one inside my pocket to keep it warm.
    2. when you walk from the freeze outside to the warmth inside, your camera lens will form a frost.
    3. the snow is flying sideways, not downwards, when the snow hit your equipment, it will melt and become water droplets, so you got to find something to protect your equipment from snow flying everywhere.
    Oh wow! Thanks alot! I am planning to go this December. My friend went there during December and said dat she encountered quite a heavy snowfall, since snow's juz ice, I'm kinda worried abt the water....

BTW, I have this crazy idea of getting those, underwater super durable plastic. Since it's water proof, I reckon it shld be snow proof as well. Will it work?