Thread: South Korea : Soraksan (Mt. Sorak), worth visiting in Autumn?

Default South Korea : Soraksan (Mt. Sorak), worth visiting in Autumn?

Hello community,

I am heading to South Korea for a 8D6N tour this coming tuesday, and as we are free on the 2nd last day do you think it's worth it to visit Soraksan(Mt. Sorak) for the whole day? It's not included in our itenary but im thinking of going there as i heard good things about that place. However it's Autumn at the moment so we wont be able to skii on the snow. Reckon the nature's good enough?

If not, anyone got any good places for me to visit? I think the common touristy places like Daejangguem,Gyeongbokgung Palace, Dongdaemun market etc etc has been covered so im thinking of those lesser known but very good places to "die-die" must visit.

Thank You!
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

Default Re: South Korea : Soraksan (Mt. Sorak), worth visiting in Autumn?

Definitely worth to spend half a day, take the cable car ride to the top if possible...the autumn leaves are just magnificent....the other half day you may consider to go to the nearby seaside city like Sokcho or parallel 38 etc

Default Re: South Korea : Soraksan (Mt. Sorak), worth visiting in Autumn?

agree... half-day should be enough. full day is a bit overdoing it liao.

basically, take the cable car up and go climb the rock formations. great view. other than that... nothing much to see.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.