An interesting thought came across my mind while deciding what camera backpack to purchase for a long backpacking trip (>3 mths). I find having to remove usual camera backpacks to change lenses to be quite a hassle, especially if no convenient or clean place to do it, so I was thinking what about if using a photographer's vest for this purpose. Probably not as a replacement to a camera backpack while lugging main backpack around from city to city on trains or air, but an option for usage within a city base.
Most vests can fit 2-3 zoom lenses easily?
Cons I can think of:
1. Looking too pro/attract unwanted attention
2. Denied entry to certain places?
3. Target for planned robbery or slash and grab (Is the material durable to withstand slash with knife? Humour me, I know this point sounds pretty stupid.)
1. Better weight distribution and don't have to carry backpack (or maybe a much smaller and lighter day pack)
2. Better accessibility to gear
3. Better security (don't have to remove backpack when eating or in public transport)
Any comment or experiences will be appreciated...