Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293437383940414449 ... LastLast

Thread: LX3 Users Discussion.

Default Re: LX3 Users Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by esther1983 View Post
    Hi, still a LX3 newbie. May I know how to make the background blur n focus only on the subjects? What are the settings?
    I've tried the MACRO fuction but the background is still very sharp.
    Thx! =)
    Open up ur aperture to widest, moving in closer to ur subject...try these 2 techniques 1st

Just a few shots from my recent trip to Siem Reap where I shot exclusively with the LX3 (digitally anyway - had film medium format too).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phildat...7620516583843/

Your shots are really very beautiful...Esp the one "afternoon at Angko Wat".... Damm good!

BTW, what mode did you use?
    In the eyes of the beholder!

Quote Originally Posted by undergrd View Post
    Your shots are really very beautiful...Esp the one "afternoon at Angko Wat".... Damm good!

BTW, what mode did you use?
    Thanks you. These were taken in A mode, shot in RAW and edited in Lightroom 2.

A newbie question from me! Does anyone know if it's possible to capture the "flowing water" effect with the LX3 for daytime shots?

Something like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/eyesthr...ns/3032086200/

I know the trick to achieving this affect is to have a slow shutter speed. However, it gets very tricky to achieve this during the daytime. I have tried setting my aperture to about 8.0, and put in the lowest ISO possible (80)... yet the shutter speed is still very fast. What other settings can I change?

Quote Originally Posted by vogriphach View Post
    A newbie question from me! Does anyone know if it's possible to capture the "flowing water" effect with the LX3 for daytime shots?

I know the trick to achieving this affect is to have a slow shutter speed. However, it gets very tricky to achieve this during the daytime. I have tried setting my aperture to about 8.0, and put in the lowest ISO possible (80)... yet the shutter speed is still very fast. What other settings can I change?
    Set to manual and you'd be able to set it. Things you can't set - the light coming from the sky. Try doing it on a overcast area or dark area and set longer shutter speed, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by vogriphach View Post

1. if that is the darkest that yr cam can go, wait for darker sky hehe sounds a little silly huh?

2. buy neutral density filter

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...ns-filters.htm

Hi all,

I am newbie here... just bought LX3 ytd

can you all advise what accesories or additional items to buy for my camera?

And also do you have like a guide specify to teach how to use LX3 to make use of the full array of function that the camera have.

Thanks in advance!
    Noob with Canon 550D w 18-135mm + Instax Mini 50S

All depands on what type of photos you are interested to take.

I tot LX3 is a simple camera to take photos, but after trying out macro, then realise need macro lens, external flash and so on... so beware of the BBB syndrom...

Quote Originally Posted by h3hehaha View Post
    Hi all,

I am newbie here... just bought LX3 ytd

can you all advise what accesories or additional items to buy for my camera?

And also do you have like a guide specify to teach how to use LX3 to make use of the full array of function that the camera have.

Thanks in advance!

You can just put your sunglasses in front the lens to archive slow shutter speed.
    Be creative on your camera, you may get a nice waterfall pic

hey guys , can i just chyeck with u all .. Lx 3 has pretty limited optical zoom right ? Considering this came but the zoom looks pretty limited. Kindly advise. thanks

Yes it has limited zoom but for people who decided to get this, they are likely to be aiming for the wide and the f2-2.8 lens.

What aspect ratio and file format do you guys use on LX3 most of the time, and why?
    Last edited by Success; 16th July 2009 at 01:26 AM.

Dear friends,

Formally, I use using a DSLR before switching to LX3.

I notice that the flash power (intensity) is alway the same.
    Unlike DSLR, they will calculate the power of flash to use.
    Am I right?

2nd question, how do you achieve fill flash with the crappy build in flash of LX3?

Thanks,
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by magic1980 View Post
    Dear friends,

Formally, I use using a DSLR before switching to LX3.

I notice that the flash power (intensity) is alway the same.
    Unlike DSLR, they will calculate the power of flash to use.
    Am I right?

2nd question, how do you achieve fill flash with the crappy build in flash of LX3?

Thanks,
    Lee
    I found out how to do it, thanks.

http://lbguides.com/cameras/panasoni...functions.html

Quote Originally Posted by magic1980 View Post
    thanks for the good post..

Ya, the flash tends to overexpose at close range. So need to dial in -1 or -2 EV.

But it's a great cam overall and great value for its price. Much easier to lug around than my backbreaking combo of 5D + 430EX + HV20 HDV cam when I want to move around light with the family. : )

Question Re: LX3 Users Discussion.

Does anyone know how to generate thumbnail from .rw2 files?

I downloaded and installed the codec from
    http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...raw/index.html

The windows photo gallery is now able to open the .rw2 files but no thumbnail in windows explorer. Btw, i'm using vista home premium 32 bit

Thanks in advance

Thumbs up Re: LX3 Users Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholaslsa View Post
    thanks for the good post..
    Yah, I was abt to mention e same thing, from that website he provided I finally know how to use the spot metering function in the LX3, i.e. using the small "focus" button at the top to make the focus bracket "movable" during spot metering!

Nice site!

Hi guys, how do your clean the lens of your LX3? Do we need some special solvent of just microfibre cloth will do?