Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3182326272829303338 ... LastLast

Thread: LX3 Users Discussion.

Arrow Re: LX3 Users Discussion.

That's not true, a few threads up, l've already mentioned that Nikon showroom is also out of stock of the Nikon BS-1 hotshoe cover.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewtansj View Post
    Funny y nobody buy the hotshoe cover from nikon showroom. I got mine there when I was there to clean my lens. Can try calling to check whether got stock a not. Got it last month I think.

Default Re: FURTHER follow-up to the new stick-on filter

not true.. some flash system have this plastic button (with spring) sticking out. u slide anything in will compress the thing, so no electronic compnent required to hinder flash. lx3 dun have leh

Default Re: LX3 Users Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    That's not true, a few threads up, l've already mentioned that Nikon showroom is also out of stock of the Nikon BS-1 hotshoe cover.
    guess i was lucky then

I just bought a nikon hotshoe from Max Photo at Centrepoint 3rd floor for S$5

Red face Re: LX3 Users Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by poo42 View Post
    Okay, me maybe going there later, lest sold out again...

Hi guys,

I have a few questions which I hope you could kindly help me with:

1. Is LX-3 the only compact cam that uses a 16:9 sensor?

2. And does it mean if I take a shot using the LX-3 in 16:9 mode, compared to another cam using 4:3 sensor but also in 16:9 mode, both at the same focal length, the LX-3 will include more details top and bottom?

3. Does anyone know if the LX-3 can utilize the functions in a Canon 430EX flash? Eg: E-TTL, flash exposure compensation, etc.

4. Has anyone done comparisons of the LX-3 with Canon's G10, pros and cons?

Thanks very much. Appreciate your help!

(Pardon me if the questions have been discussed elsewhere before. I did search a bit but can't quite find them.)

Talking Re: LX3 Users Discussion.

This camera is fantastic. I have seen the pics taken by other users and ready about the good point. I am seeking opinion of fellow users here. I am presently using Nikon D50 which is a discontinued model with the 18-55 kit lens. I was thinking of selling it and buying the LX3. Somehow, I still like the feel of DSLR in certain situations. I would consider buying another DSLR in the future after my LX3.

The question is, should I keep my D50 and just buy a better lens later on or should I be looking at a newer model after my LX3 when I want a DSLR? There is very little discussion about D50 now since the model is discontinued. My shoot is more on portrait and candid shot mostly which takes place at night. Also on landscape sceneries.

I am considering to sell my Nikon D50 with a Tamron telephoto lens. Slik Tripod, lowepro backpack. What price should I be looking at if I should sell it? I am presently in working in Phuket. Will be back on the 23rd Jan for 10 days. Pls advise. POISONED by the LX3 liao........Greatly for any advise.

My goodness, $2 extra.

Nikon Showroom, Cathay photo and TKFoto is selling the Nikon BS-1 hotshoe cover at $3.

I was a Nikon D50 user and now using the D90.

In no way can the LX3 replace the DSLR, I'm having a lot of headaches trying to zoom in as that's the main weakness of the LX3. No XP support only Vista for the RAW format.

I would suggest getting the D90 as it is the same size as the D50.

Currently, I'm only able to carry a PNS camera as I've strained my chest muscle and not able to carry the D90.

HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDevil View Post
    This camera is fantastic. I have seen the pics taken by other users and ready about the good point. I am seeking opinion of fellow users here. I am presently using Nikon D50 which is a discontinued model with the 18-55 kit lens. I was thinking of selling it and buying the LX3. Somehow, I still like the feel of DSLR in certain situations. I would consider buying another DSLR in the future after my LX3.

The question is, should I keep my D50 and just buy a better lens later on or should I be looking at a newer model after my LX3 when I want a DSLR? There is very little discussion about D50 now since the model is discontinued. My shoot is more on portrait and candid shot mostly which takes place at night. Also on landscape sceneries.

I am considering to sell my Nikon D50 with a Tamron telephoto lens. Slik Tripod, lowepro backpack. What price should I be looking at if I should sell it? I am presently in working in Phuket. Will be back on the 23rd Jan for 10 days. Pls advise. POISONED by the LX3 liao........Greatly for any advise.

Dear xtemujin,

thank you for your reply. I am now looking to buy a compact camera first. I will either keep my D50 for future use or sell it and buy another model at a later date. My usage now is more convenient with a compact.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    I was a Nikon D50 user and now using the D90.

In no way can the LX3 replace the DSLR, I'm having a lot of headaches trying to zoom in as that's the main weakness of the LX3. No XP support only Vista for the RAW format.

I would suggest getting the D90 as it is the same size as the D50.

Currently, I'm only able to carry a PNS camera as I've strained my chest muscle and not able to carry the D90.

HTH.

No worries, do have a feel of the LX3.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDevil View Post
    Dear xtemujin,

thank you for your reply. I am now looking to buy a compact camera first. I will either keep my D50 for future use or sell it and buy another model at a later date. My usage now is more convenient with a compact.

Question. Tonight I tried to take a HDR pic with my LX3.

I noticed that for exposure bracketing, max is 1 sec exposure. If I try a longer exposure, my LX3 put a X on the exposure bracketing icon and do not allow it.

WHY?

My goodness, $2 extra.

Nikon Showroom, Cathay photo and TKFoto is selling the Nikon BS-1 hotshoe cover at $3.
    boh bian.... I was there and it prob will cost me $2 and time to get to the other locations...

Quite true.

Cheers.

boh bian.... I was there and it prob will cost me $2 and time to get to the other locations...

can the flash be used during the video mode?

Quote Originally Posted by poststrokes View Post
    No offence. Did you ever ask yourself the same question 1st before posting it here?

maybe he's thinking whether the flash can be used like a light while filming..? maybe there is some way where he cant figure out? but he should read the user guide first..

Quote Originally Posted by poststrokes View Post
    i think no compact in this world can use a flash during video shooting...

Quote Originally Posted by mrericlee View Post
    Question. Tonight I tried to take a HDR pic with my LX3.

I noticed that for exposure bracketing, max is 1 sec exposure. If I try a longer exposure, my LX3 put a X on the exposure bracketing icon and do not allow it.

WHY?
    Does anyone know answer for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    i think no compact in this world can use a flash during video shooting...
    i think he meant his camera phone that's using the LED light..