13 25.49%
  • Chinese - Hakka

2 3.92%
  • Others

9 17.65%
Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7222730313233343742 ... LastLast

Thread: EXPOSE yourself - XXII

Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XXII

did I mention that today is my pay day???
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mojopy View Post
    U gonna treat us tml?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy81 View Post
    U gonna treat us tml?
    sry...
    this mth's pay goes into my funding of MBP
    PBase || Blog

eh so how did it go? managed to control the kids? did anything scary or totally un-mojopish to freak the kids out?

Quote Originally Posted by tainted View Post
    eh so how did it go? managed to control the kids? did anything scary or totally un-mojopish to freak the kids out?
    nope.
    the energy level of the kids are way too high.
    my P says that it takes 3 mths to get them fully settled down and really understand them.

but...
    what surprised me today was that one of the hyperactive boys was actually helping me to teach some of the students who are interested in learning but just can't hear me due to the amount of noise the other students were creating.
    For that, I praised him.
    and I intend to give him some form of treat to acknowledge the help he provided to his classmates.
    PBase || Blog

nope.
    the energy level of the kids are way too high.
    my P says that it takes 3 mths to get them fully settled down and really understand them.

but...
    what surprised me today was that one of the hyperactive boys was actually helping me to teach some of the students who are interested in learning but just can't hear me due to the amount of noise the other students were creating.
    For that, I praised him.
    and I intend to give him some form of treat to acknowledge the help he provided to his classmates.
    There are dangers to that - tangible rewards. Kids would learn to appreciate the reward more than the nature of the act, and keep on expecting/better rewards. Yu could also be setting a precedence of sorts among other classes/teachers.

Very carefully measured time spent showing that student that his/her opinions and he/she matters goes a lot further than just treats.

JMO hor ... if yu observe carefully, very few people actually listen to my cerebral diarrhea. Hehehehe!
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 12th September 2008 at 10:51 PM.

for some reason when mojopy mentioned treats...
    i get this mental image of her throwing a bone shaped doggy biscuit treat into the mouth of a slobbering skinny boy... and he'll lunge up from his seat to catch the treat in his jaws too....
    and mojopy will be like
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD BOYYYYYYY

for some reason when mojopy mentioned treats...
    i get this mental image of her throwing a bone shaped doggy biscuit treat into the mouth of a slobbering skinny boy... and he'll lunge up from his seat to catch the treat in his jaws too....
    and mojopy will be like
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD BOYYYYYYY
    Double coated cognac orange chocolate bone shaped table water cracker treats would be great!

Where do I sign up 4 yr class MoMo?

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Double coated cognac orange chocolate bone shaped table water cracker treats would be great!

Imagine getting detention from her haha... wonder what happens if kena detention

Imagine getting detention from her haha... wonder what happens if kena detention
    Hmm ... detention could be anything with double amounts of alcohol and fishnet stockings - worn on her!

What yu shld really ask is what if she expels yu?

sooo quiet, again ... MSN orgy?

There are dangers to that - tangible rewards. Kids would learn to appreciate the reward more than the nature of the act, and keep on expecting/better rewards. Yu could also be setting a precedence of sorts among other classes/teachers.

Very carefully measured time spent showing that student that his/her opinions and he/she matters goes a lot further than just treats.

JMO hor ... if yu observe carefully, very few people actually listen to my cerebral diarrhea. Hehehehe!
    actually, the school has this "Star Rewards" program based on the 4 values of the school.
    But, I need to check with the form teacher if they have closed the reward for the school year. When the students does something good that represents one of the 4 school values, teachers can reward them with star points. then at a certain time, for a certain amount of star points, they can exchange it for some book vouchers i think. students with better star points are present on stage to receive their badge.

my idea of treat is not food treat but something educational or useful for the students.
    of course, if i really cannot find, den just praise him in front of the whole class during my next lesson with them
    PBase || Blog

sooo quiet, again ... MSN orgy?
    really ah...
    i only got DM's msn
    PBase || Blog

actually, the school has this "Star Rewards" program based on the 4 values of the school.
    But, I need to check with the form teacher if they have closed the reward for the school year. When the students does something good that represents one of the 4 school values, teachers can reward them with star points. then at a certain time, for a certain amount of star points, they can exchange it for some book vouchers i think. students with better star points are present on stage to receive their badge.

my idea of treat is not food treat but something educational or useful for the students.
    of course, if i really cannot find, den just praise him in front of the whole class during my next lesson with them
    but public praising... sometimes won't it backfire against him instead...? especially if his classmates tease him and make fun of him? i know kids used to tease their friends endlessly when they get praise that they stopped helping out in class for fear of being praised.....

sry DM,
    you are overaged for the school.
    i know what...
    you sign up as a relief teacher in my school and request to sit-in in my class
    PBase || Blog

but public praising... sometimes won't it backfire against him instead...? especially if his classmates tease him and make fun of him? i know kids used to tease their friends endlessly when they get praise that they stopped helping out in class for fear of being praised.....
    aiyah...
    most of the boys are in one gang with him one lah.
    the surprising thing was that while the rest of his friends were misbehaving in class, he was helping others at one corner with the activity worksheet i gave out.
    something must have struck his behaviour at that time
    PBase || Blog

sry DM,
    i know what...
    can i sign up as a relief teacher? :3
    i miss terrorising horrible children...

aiyah...
    most of the boys are in one gang with him one lah.
    the surprising thing was that while the rest of his friends were misbehaving in class, he was helping others at one corner with the activity worksheet i gave out.
    something must have struck his behaviour at that time
    struck.... thrown a book at his head? stone? table... chair... fellow classmate... ?

sry DM,
    i know what...
    Yu sure? Yu beri beri sure?

I may start a revolution yu kno!

Deregistered

Did i mention that my bday was 6 days ago n it's still not to late to gimme a pressie?

sry...
    this mth's pay goes into my funding of MBP
    I want a MBP too!
    Last edited by bovine; 12th September 2008 at 11:34 PM.

Deregistered

I always believe the students r not bad by nature. Some r merely seeking attention when they misbehave. Praising him is a good idea.
    Last edited by bovine; 12th September 2008 at 11:34 PM.