Thread: F1 Grandstand seats - No photography

Default F1 Grandstand seats - No photography

I just received a free F1 grandstand seat for coporate, i think 1000+ type but came across the terms and conditions, no photography...hmmm, means can see but cannot take photos with dslr with tripod?

Anyone knows more about this?

Default Re: F1 Grandstand seats - No photography

thats weird. what i read about the photography restrictions was no flash, and nothin gover 300mm.
    dunno how they can police those super zoom prosumers tho..

anyway, to be on the safe side, just be as stealthy as possible. drop the big telescope zoom and the tripod (which you dont need ot use for panning shots anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by hlyeoh View Post
    I just received a free F1 grandstand seat for coporate, i think 1000+ type but came across the terms and conditions, no photography...hmmm, means can see but cannot take photos with dslr with tripod?

Anyone knows more about this?
    I believe the restriction is no tripod, and no lens that's so huge it could provide a safety hazard.
    Alpha

I received an update from the SGGP. No more restrictions on lens focal lengths and tripod/monopods.

BUT, like Rashkae mentioned, if it is posing inconvenience to others, the marshalls have the right to stop the person.

Meaning, idiot safety mechanism (bumbling rich idiot with a 400mm lens, huge tripod in the middle of the stand blocking everyone's view).

Probabaly those who can afford grand stand are those who could afford to buy photos that were taken by official photographers. SO they would rather enjoy with two eyes watching the event. Also to avoid blocking view of others who paid $$ for grand stand seats.

i think the rule is... no tripod in the grandstands. but i'm not sure if they have different classes of grandstands.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

If it's really that class of ticket, I'd say it's better that way. You'll be rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous, do you want to be mistaken as the hired photographer from Peak magazine? It would really make you look unglam if people are holding champagne flutes and you're holding a 300/2.8.

And I think the others would appreciate being able to view the action without being distracted by your dslr motor drive or being blocked by your long lens.

Look- it's an event to be enjoyed, prob with wining and dining. So enjoy!

Thanks guys for your feedback, since the ticket is free. just need to shake a few hands in appreciation haha. Anyway, i'm not really into rubbing shoulders with rich guys. Will just bring in my dslr and see how it goes with a monopod perhaps, at most someone will ask me to keep it. To me probably, its more exciting to take photos of the event then to buy photos taken by official photographers but just my view as i want to be part of it to be able to take photos at a F1 race.

Oh its on Clause 6 on terms on photography and video - http://www.singaporegp.sg/ticket/term_condition.php