Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: To C700 and C2100 owners...need input.

  1. #21

    Default

    Tonic
    My friend even if i am new by , with photography , i will say that do not make the mistake to compare Fisheye lens with one like the C 2100 ( large ) .
    Olympus C2100 X3 - E100RS - C220
    IS/L lenses ALL :-D

  2. #22
    Tonic
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by syncmaster
    Tonic
    My friend even if i am new by , with photography , i will say that do not make the mistake to compare Fisheye lens with one like the C 2100 ( large ) .
    Sorry hor..a bit dense here. I don't understand what you were trying to say. Rephrase can? Be specific. I can take it!

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    31

    Default

    I got the same decison headache. I am a newbie to photography and most of the time only taking pic of my kids. portability is impt, and 10X zoom is wow. But having 10X w/o IS is like not optimising the zoom capability if IS does help. Also, the total LAG is faster in C-2100 than C-700, which means u wont miss candid shots. As for prices, they both cost about S$500 in Japan, so make it even more difficult to choose. I seen the nite pics of C-700 in Tweek's gallery, not very good leh, but C-2100 also not much different. object does not seem to be very sharp. Are both cam good for nite shot? How about indoor portrait? I take pics of my kids indoor/outdoor, day and nite, which would be better? or other brands? I owns a S10 but the Zoom is lusy at 2X only. Was at Sammi cheng's shocking colour concert, sitting at the 4th row, really needed a 10X zoom then....

  4. #24
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: To C700 and C2100 owners...need input.

    Originally posted by Tonic
    Hi all,

    I've narrowed my choiced down to these 2 cameras both at ard the same price. While I really like C2100's IS and better image quality (I feel), I want C700's portability. So its a really tough one.

    To C700 owners, if given a second chance would you choose C2100?

    To C2100 owners, vice versa. Would you?

    And is C2100 really better in terms of image quality or is it just me?

    *Headache...headache..*
    maybe you can tell us why you have narrowed your choices down to these 2 digicams.
    for me i've not used the C2100Uz before. When i chose the C700 over the C2100, the 2 main factors were the price and the size. Back then C2100 was more expensive than the C700. Size wise, the C700 is a clear winner as i like to carry the DC around wherever i go. Image quality wise there isn't much difference, at least for me.

  5. #25
    Tonic
    Guests

    Default Re: Re: To C700 and C2100 owners...need input.

    Originally posted by zhapchit

    maybe you can tell us why you have narrowed your choices down to these 2 digicams.
    for me i've not used the C2100Uz before. When i chose the C700 over the C2100, the 2 main factors were the price and the size. Back then C2100 was more expensive than the C700. Size wise, the C700 is a clear winner as i like to carry the DC around wherever i go. Image quality wise there isn't much difference, at least for me.
    Its either C700 or C2100 mainly b'cos of its 10x optical zoom. Sony and Canon are too expensive for me. So not much options left. I have a Canon SLR and for years I've enjoyed having a 300mm zoom lens which helps alot in composition especially for close-up and candid shots.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default Re: Re: Re: To C700 and C2100 owners...need input.

    Originally posted by Tonic


    Its either C700 or C2100 mainly b'cos of its 10x optical zoom. Sony and Canon are too expensive for me. So not much options left. I have a Canon SLR and for years I've enjoyed having a 300mm zoom lens which helps alot in composition especially for close-up and candid shots.
    The C-2100uz has:

    1. fully enclosed Canon IS lens system (less movable parts; IS is expensive on SLR lens)
    2. AF assist light (none on C-700uz)
    3. free remote controller (none for c-700uz)
    4. no need lens adapter (screw straight onto 49mm thread)
    5. more S-Prog mode (4 vs 3)
    6. bigger LCD (1/8" vs 1.5").

    On the other hand, the C-700uz is:

    1. lighter (410g vs 560g)
    2. smaller (108x76x78 mm vs 113x78x141 mm)
    3. has faster shutter option (1/1000s vs 1/800s)
    4. longer flash range (5.5m vs 4m)
    5. manual WB
    6. higher max ISO (1SO400 vs ISO800).

    U won't go wrong wif either one.......the onli thing is to decide which feature r more important.

  7. #27
    Tonic
    Guests

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: To C700 and C2100 owners...need input.

    Originally posted by Jayan


    The C-2100uz has:
    4. no need lens adapter (screw straight onto 49mm thread)

    I think I have come to a decision - C2100uz it is. I actually forgot about the need for a lens adapter on the C700. I would definitely want a UV or Skylight filter to protect the lens. So after adding the adapter on the C700, its no longer as portable as I thought .....

    Thanks to all for your input. Its been most helpful!

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    31

    Default

    got so fedup I think I will get my brother who is in japan now to buy both and try for myself, if the price is cheap. Then decide on one and sell the other. can work ?

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Originally posted by danlim
    got so fedup I think I will get my brother who is in japan now to buy both and try for myself, if the price is cheap. Then decide on one and sell the other. can work ?
    Where are you going to sell? If you buy in japan, your camera will not have any local warrenty and also the menu will all be japanese. No one here, in singapore, will probably wan to buy a 2nd hand digital camera with no local warrenty and japanese menu unless the price is really dirt cheap.
    Canon Lover :)

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Originally posted by Klause


    Where are you going to sell? If you buy in japan, your camera will not have any local warrenty and also the menu will all be japanese. No one here, in singapore, will probably wan to buy a 2nd hand digital camera with no local warrenty and japanese menu unless the price is really dirt cheap.
    heard if you buy from export section, can get english version. Olympus warranty not international??

  11. #31

    Default

    Originally posted by danlim
    I seen the nite pics of C-700 in Tweek's gallery, not very good leh

  12. #32
    Tonic
    Guests

    Default

    Not nice meh? I'd be proud of them if their mine.

  13. #33

    Default

    I think danlim's expectation is very HIGH
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  14. #34

    Default

    Originally posted by Tonic
    Not nice meh? I'd be proud of them if their mine.
    haha thanks...i was just kidding with the lah....c700 really isn't good for niteshots, plus the photographer is quite lacking too.

  15. #35
    Tonic
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by danlim


    heard if you buy from export section, can get english version. Olympus warranty not international??
    According to Olympus website, their cameras have 2 types of warranty - local and international.

    - Worldwide International Warranty
    For any camera products that have been purchased in Singapore and other countries, warranty will be valid for one (1) year from the date of purchase.

    Check it out at http://www.olympus.com.sg

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Originally posted by Tweek


    sorry, mistake, there is no nite shots at Tweek's gallery. I was referring to nite shots at labrador's park by maddog. not very clear as though the flash is not powerful enough. I am a newbie, had no idea about photography, just plain observation. maybe I am wrong

  17. #37
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Originally posted by danlim


    sorry, mistake, there is no nite shots at Tweek's gallery. I was referring to nite shots at labrador's park by maddog. not very clear as though the flash is not powerful enough. I am a newbie, had no idea about photography, just plain observation. maybe I am wrong
    errm there are nite shots in his gallery

  18. #38

    Default

    Tonic

    Do your move fast , the suply in C2100 cameras is very narrow right now .
    Olympus C2100 X3 - E100RS - C220
    IS/L lenses ALL :-D

  19. #39

    Default

    err..I plan to buy it when I'm in Tokyo in 2 wks time. Will see how it goes then..thanks for the warning m8.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •