Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To C700 and C2100 owners...need input.

Tonic
    Guests

Default To C700 and C2100 owners...need input.

Hi all,

I've narrowed my choiced down to these 2 cameras both at ard the same price. While I really like C2100's IS and better image quality (I feel), I want C700's portability. So its a really tough one.

To C700 owners, if given a second chance would you choose C2100?

To C2100 owners, vice versa. Would you?

And is C2100 really better in terms of image quality or is it just me?

*Headache...headache..*

C700uz is light and compact. Trade off is No IS.
    C2100uz is quite heavy and bulky. But got IS.

Both have excellent 10x zoom ability.

Maybe you can check out dpreview.com and see the comparison between C700uz and C2100uz.
    Last edited by Klause; 31st March 2002 at 09:58 PM.
    Canon Lover :)

Tonic
    We have make our choices here ,and we all have some points in mind .

I know that my camera called big ,and i like it big .
    No i will never get one C 700 .

Image quality !!
    Yes in depth ,the C2100 does have a better image quality ,as the CCD that is used is larger .
    About Zoom , yes the C 2100 have a bit stronger than the C700,and the diference is like : C700 9.3X -C2100 10X ( this tests have be made in praxis ) .
    The C 2100 can take easely any extra accesories as large telephoto lens .
    Night assist light , and better sensivity in the low light ,specialy in the viewfinder .
    Plus remote control .
    Now before my words start the World War 3 , i will say , that some people they do not need the C 2100 , well thanks to Olympus we have here two choices .
    Just make your own .
    Last edited by syncmaster; 31st March 2002 at 11:04 AM.
    Olympus C2100 X3 - E100RS - C220
    IS/L lenses ALL :-D

Originally posted by Klause
    C700uz is quite heavy and bulky. But got IS.

Both have excellent 10x zoom ability.

Maybe you can check out dpreview.com and see the comparison between C700uz and C2100uz.
    klause wat tok u?

i would still choose C700 always ready to go

Don't get the c700. Its useless at night. The lcd screen also sucks big time. Its got no IS so at full zoom in daylight u need a tripod. Forget portability because its still a large camera that u can't put in ur pocket. Hope I'm making myself clear. My colleague owns and I borrowed it and this is my honest opinion. I'm glad I own a 2100. If you want I could show you some of the shots taken with the c700 at night and then I can show u the equivalent taken with 2100.

Originally posted by Klause
    C700uz is quite heavy and bulky. But got IS.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Originally posted by megaweb

Hahahahaaaaaa ... Ok the man loves the C700 that much that he can not type the C2100 word
    Olympus C2100 X3 - E100RS - C220
    IS/L lenses ALL :-D

Tonic
    Guests

Originally posted by maddog
    If you want I could show you some of the shots taken with the c700 at night and then I can show u the equivalent taken with 2100.
    Thanks all for your feedback. Klause, your comment say like never say like dat leh..heh... Syncmaster, thanks for the info. Been wanting to confirm the zoom x part as I noticed the difference in focal length (mm) on both lens. I am dubious of the claim made in DC resource that both uses the same lens.

maddog, yes please. Would most appreciate it.

Here are pics taken with 2100.

Labrador Park

You have to wait for the 700 pics... Its with my colleague.

c700 shots, you can look at zhapchit's, azone's or tweek's gallery. They are excellent

I'll still stick wif the C-2100UZ if I got a chance to select again.....the bulkiness (not much in the 1st place) is gone once u got used to it and I simply luv the IS.

Originally posted by Keito
    c700 shots, you can look at zhapchit's, azone's or tweek's gallery. They are excellent
    Thanks Keito

maddog, I'm feel sorry about your bad experiences with the C700UZ, but I think it is a fine camera. Not a top class one of course, but one dat deserves quite a bit of credit. Btw, zhapchit, azone and I have agreed before that at full zoom in daylight, we never really need tripods for sharp pics. And you should see azone's nightshots...excellent.

siewsphone is selling his C2100 so perhaps u can get a good bargain?

Tonic
    Guests

IC..I will most probably be buying it in Tokyo (going there in April)as I heard its pretty cheap over there. But If I come back empty handed, I will contact siewsphone. Thanks.

Tonic
    Guests

Originally posted by Keito
    Yes the photos are excellent. How much post processing in PS was done? Besides auto-level, any sharpening, saturation etc done?

Ahhh... type wrongly.. now very peiseh

haha... i type that after I come back from cementry(wake up @ 5).

Sorri

2nd one is C2100uz
    Canon Lover :)

I'll stick to uzi. better grip and larger LCD.

Even with the ring adapter mounted on the C700UZ, it's still very much smaller then the Uzi.

Although I have to agree that the Uzi have a better grip...

Given another chance.....I'd buy 2 C700UZ! One dedicated to shooting IR

Thanks keito and tweek!

Originally posted by Tonic

Yes the photos are excellent. How much post processing in PS was done? Besides auto-level, any sharpening, saturation etc done?
    Anyway, I'm not here to promote c700 over c2100. Yes, post pocessing in PS was done - level-adjusting(if necessary), some sharpening, dats all. Btw, just want to add... if a photo taken was really really lousy and suxy (like maddog described), then however much post posessing done will not be able to cover up. And mind you, most of the night pics in my gallery were taken before the hotpixel patch. And trust me, it is much much better now after the patch. And to reiterate, when taking night shots, IS or no IS makes no difference at all. The only difference is a tripod. Well, unless you're sniper-trained like kamwai!

Anyway, tonic, c2100 or c700, whichever you choose, just go shoot and post some pics for us to see!

Tonic
    Guests

Originally posted by azone
    Anyway, tonic, c2100 or c700, whichever you choose, just go shoot and post some pics for us to see!
    Haven't got the camera yet leh...but here's some pics I shot today with a Oly 2040 borrowed from a friend. Still a newbie in digital format. Comments most welcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast