View Poll Results: Who is a Singaporean?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Born in Singapore

57 59.38%
  • Did NS

11 11.46%
  • Deemed so by appropriate authorities for reasons of wealth, talent, or others

6 6.25%
  • Chose to stay

13 13.54%
  • No choice but to stay

6 6.25%
  • Others: Please elaborate

3 3.13%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Who is a Singaporean?

Default Re: Who is a Singaporean?

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by engrmariano View Post
    planning to become Singaporean coz of incentives.

PR & Sing'an have to do the same thing but PR dont get as much as Sing'an, so might as well become Sing'an then surrender Sing'an citizen and go back home after incentives have been collected.
    U have the best of all the world.... have you done NS?
    no need for NS, im only PR at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    There a growing crop of really SUCKY S.O.B. people living among us...and they BREED more SUCKY clones kids like them. heh... Sorry man... that ain't my way...not this Singaporean.
    oh yeah, sounds like those doomed zombie movies....

those who perpetuate social ill cos "it's not illegal" as an excuse. & those that are, well, as long as dun get caught. lolz.

really.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    oh yeah, sounds like those doomed zombie movies....

those who perpetuate social ill cos "it's not illegal" as an excuse. & those that are, well, as long as dun get caught. lolz.

really.
    Something like that...heheheh.... good analogy

Quote Originally Posted by engrmariano View Post
    no need for NS, im only PR at the moment.
    So do you think NS is necessary?

You answered your own questions leh...sORe-EyEz meet Tupi Guy. Tupi Guy meet sORe-EyEz. YOu two can take it from there. Remember now...at least one dinner date before you start grabbing a$$es. Got spend some money to get some honey heeee
    No venture no gain?

I think doing NS is a good way of disciplining one person for a better life in the society and to do good for the nation.

It would be better if NS is made compulsory for women too (but not mix them up with men). We cannot compare the physical strength of men and women on the same scale, so they must be judged differently.

But, since women want equality in all walks of society with men, why dont they try NS with men also. But they are not so daring to do that, and they are not so patriotic as men. Women want equal share all good things that men have now and want to have very little or no share in all the bad things that men are facing.

There are very few women who love to do NS, but their parents dont have the same passion, so they dont get a chance to serve the nation. This is sad.

This is wholly my opinion. Buy the way I am a SPR.
    Last edited by nirenj; 16th September 2008 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nirenj View Post
    I think doing NS is a good way of disciplining one person for a better life in the society and to do good for the nation.

It would be better if NS is made compulsory for women too (but not mix them up with men). We cannot compare the physical strength of men and women on the same scale, so they must be judged differently.

But, since women want equality in all walks of society with men, why dont they try NS with men also. But they are not so daring to do that, and they are not so patriotic as men. Women want equal share all good things that men have now and want to have very little or no share in all the bad things that men are facing.

There are very few women who love to do NS, but their parents dont have the same passion, so they dont get a chance to serve the nation. This is sad.

This is wholly my opinion. Buy the way I am a SPR.
    I love my NS and Reservist time......it was a very good way to give back.

I love my NS and Reservist time......it was a very good way to give back.
    I love going back especially when your mates get more matured and understanding.

Some are successful and some not so successful!

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    I love going back especially when your mates get more matured and understanding.

Some are successful and some not so successful!
    My former teammates..we get together we are a happy lot. It never...ever occur to us to think who is successful and who is not when we meet.

My former teammates..we get together we are a happy lot. It never...ever occur to us to think who is successful and who is not when we meet.
    We should happy when they are successful and help for those who are not so successful!

We have the understanding that we foot the bill among some of us during the happy hours.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345