Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Real-Life Job Interview Question

Actually there's a deeper interpretation of this question....

This question shows how we as human would mostly put ourselves ahead in almost all decissions/situation that we make or encounter..... Who would I pick up? etc, etc... Seldom we stop and think of others ahead of ourselves. i.e. give the car to friend to drive old lady to hospital.

I believe the company is trying to find someone that is selfless and would put others ahead of him/herself thus, the answer as suggested by someone early....

Nah companies want people to think out of the box lah.

Here's another one:

Q: How do you put an elephant into the fridge?

A: You open the fridge door, pick the elephant up, put it inside the fridge, the close the fridge door.

Q: How do you put a giraffe into the fridge?

A: You open the fridge door, take out the elephant, put the giraffe in, then close the fridge door.

Originally posted by randomwalk
    Well if she wants to do something "else" *wink wink* I'd be most willing to oblige.
    i see.. like that say so in the first place lar.

Originally posted by Kira

This question shows how we as human would mostly put ourselves ahead in almost all decissions/situation that we make or encounter..... Who would I pick up? etc, etc... Seldom we stop and think of others ahead of ourselves. i.e. give the car to friend to drive old lady to hospital.

I believe the company is trying to find someone that is selfless and would put others ahead of him/herself thus, the answer as suggested by someone early....
    I'm afraid it is more than that. Different companies have different cultures and their values might be different. Ultimately, it is the revenue that drive a company.

Here's another one:

A: You open the fridge door, pick the elephant up, put it inside the fridge, the close the fridge door.

A: You open the fridge door, take out the elephant, put the giraffe in, then close the fridge door.
    Extension:

Q: The king of the forest called a meeting for all the animals. Who didn't attend?

A: The giraffe, who was in the fridge.

Q: You come to a river populated by man-eating alligators. You need to cross and there is no bridge, no raft, no sea-vessel of any kind. How do you cross?

A: Just swim across. The alligators are at the meeting.

Originally posted by Kira

Well, the car in most cases is a personal $$$ possession. Would you trust a stranger with it? Just like if someone wanted to borrow your expensive DSLR for an important assignment, would you lend it to him without hesitation? I think in abt 95% of cases, it would be no or there would be a lot of hesitation. Trust these days is getting ever so thin. So a person who can pass this kind of test is really an asset. But then, people change!

Real interview question that I can't answer it on the actual day.

There are two separate rooms; on one room there is one halogen table lamp and there are three switches (1,2,3) on the other room, but only one switch connected to the table lamp on the other room. Here is the question, the candidate can flick any switches he/she wants but he/she has only one chance to go to next room to check the lamp and tell the examiner which switch is linked to the lamp.
    Note: is not possible to see the light on or off from the other room.

What how you going to find the correct switch linked to the lamp with the condition above?
    W204FL

Originally posted by Knighthunter

There are two separate rooms; on one room there is one halogen table lamp and there are three switches (1,2,3) on the other room, but only one switch connected to the table lamp on the other room. Here is the question, the candidate can flick any switches he/she wants but he/she has only one chance to go to next room to check the lamp and tell the examiner which switch is linked to the lamp.

What how you going to find the correct switch linked to the lamp with the condition above?
    I'll call the building supervisor and ask him or her.

Switch on 1.
    Wait 5 mins.
    Switch off 1.
    Switch on 2.
    Go to room
    If no light and the lamp is warm, then the answer is 1.
    If got light, answer is 2.
    If no light and not warm, answer is 3.

Ahh but of course! *smacks forehead*

Originally posted by Fella
    Switch on 1.
    Wait 5 mins.
    Switch off 1.
    Switch on 2.
    Go to room
    If no light and the lamp is warm, then the answer is 1.
    If got light, answer is 2.
    If no light and not warm, answer is 3.
    Correct...
    5 years ago I was struggle to find the answer.
    W204FL

A cowboy rides into town on Thursday;
    He spent a night in the town and left the next day on Thursday.

Why is that possible?

I suspect an international timeline at play......

Correct...
    5 years ago I was struggle to find the answer.
    most importantly did u get the job?

Originally posted by Fella
    A cowboy rides into town on Thursday;
    He spent a night in the town and left the next day on Thursday.

Why is that possible?
    his horse is called THURSDAY...

giddy-up thursday..

Damn.

Here's another one:

Q: How to put mouse into the fridge then?
    W204FL

You open the fridge door, take out the giraffe, put the mouse in, then close the fridge door?

or is it u unplug it from the computer and open the fridge door, take out the giraffe, put the mouse in, then close the fridge door?

mind block.. :

The mouse is already in the elephant's ear!

You are in a room that is totally empty. There is nothing around but a rather deep hole in the center of the room. Inside this hole is a ping pong ball. You need to get the ping pong ball out in order to get out of the room. How?

PS: your hand cant reach the ball

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast