Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 63

Thread: Real-Life Job Interview Question

  1. #1
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Exclamation Real-Life Job Interview Question

    This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.

    You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:

    1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
    2. An old friend who once saved your life.
    3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

    Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car. Think before you continue reading.

    You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back.

    However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

    The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer.

    WHAT DID HE SAY?

  2. #2

    Default

    I'd lend my car to my friend, and ask him to drive the old lady to hospital (I'll belanja yum cha later for him). Then spend some quality time with that chick and hopefully I can take beautiful pictures of her.

    Am I employed?

  3. #3
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Originally posted by randomwalk
    I'd lend my car to my friend, and ask him to drive the old lady to hospital (I'll belanja yum cha later for him). Then spend some quality time with that chick and hopefully I can take beautiful pictures of her.

    Am I employed?

  4. #4

    Default



    If my friend was drunk at that time....hmmm then I dunno. Maybe I'll get the old lady to drive herself to the hospital.

  5. #5

    Default

    I don't have a car, I can't afford one, heck, I don't even have a license! And I'm also married...

    Am I shown the door?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Originally posted by Fella
    I don't have a car, I can't afford one, heck, I don't even have a license! And I'm also married...

    Am I shown the door?
    How miserable life can be!

    Just kidding.

    :Later,

  7. #7
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Come on come on ... think out of the box

  8. #8

    Default

    Stash the old lady in the boot. Tie the friend on the bonnet. Get the lady in the front seat. One passenger _in_ the car.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Darren, are they the same person? ie:

    The old lady=The old friend=The perfect partner

    Hence there is no need to choose, just bring him/her inside the sportscar right away.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by randomwalk
    I'd lend my car to my friend, and ask him to drive the old lady to hospital (I'll belanja yum cha later for him). Then spend some quality time with that chick and hopefully I can take beautiful pictures of her.

    Am I employed?
    i am inclined to agree with this.

    however if i were suddenly caught in that situation, I would most probably choose the old lady.

  11. #11
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Actually randomwalk already posted the correct answer ...

    .. but here is the R(A) version.

    Run over the old lady to put her out of her misery, have wild raunchy sex with the dream partner in the bushes behind the bus-stop and then drive off with your old friend to have a few cold beers and reminisce about old times.


  12. #12

    Default

    I'd pick the old lady..

    Cause if the old friend understands me, he/she won't hold grudges against me for not picking him/her.

    And for the perfect partner, I'd probably score or not score with her, nobody noes..Its the future..

    But I'd definitely know that I've save the old lady if I pick her..

  13. #13

    Default

    I'll just offer the "perfect partner" a lift and leave the other 2 there.

    If the old lady was really dying, she wouldn't be waiting for a bus.
    If your fren was really in a hurry to go anywhere he/she wouldn't be waiting for the bus either. You could pay him back big time when there's a another opportunity.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Just curious, is this interview for a management job? I can see how it is coming:

    The old lady refers to the old worker who has worked in the company for 20+ years, and waiting for the retirement package.

    The old friend refer to the guy that helped you get this job few years ago.

    The perfect partner refer to the best performance worker you have, but he/she is too young.

    Now if you are the manager, who will you promote and give a pay rise?

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by Darren
    .. but here is the R(A) version.

    Run over the old lady to put her out of her misery, have wild raunchy sex with the dream partner in the bushes behind the bus-stop and then drive off with your old friend to have a few cold beers and reminisce about old times.

    Ingenius! I bow before your greatness!

  16. #16

    Default Re: Real-Life Job Interview Question

    Originally posted by Darren
    This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.

    You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:

    1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
    2. An old friend who once saved your life.
    3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

    Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car. Think before you continue reading.

    You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back.

    However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

    The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer.

    WHAT DID HE SAY?
    so what did he say?

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    leepublic of singapore
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    ermm...get the fren *my fren has a driving license already* to drive the old lady. and i'll wait with my perfect partner i've been dreaming about in the bus stop *talk lor...ask for contact number, etc*. while my fren send the old lady...my fren will come back to fetch me.

    sometink like this?

  18. #18
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default

    Originally posted by randomwalk
    I'd lend my car to my friend, and ask him to drive the old lady to hospital (I'll belanja yum cha later for him). Then spend some quality time with that chick and hopefully I can take beautiful pictures of her.

    Am I employed?
    in the storm??

    hope your water proof kit works..

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    leepublic of singapore
    Posts
    1,783

    Default Re: Re: Real-Life Job Interview Question

    Originally posted by innovas1
    so what did he say?
    i tink randomwalk has already given the answer. i didnt notice too...hehe

  20. #20

    Default

    Originally posted by jOhO
    in the storm??

    hope your water proof kit works..

    Well if she wants to do something "else" *wink wink* I'd be most willing to oblige.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •