Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi... Newbie here !

Default Re: Hi... Newbie here !

Agree with Lenny. Bring a WA and general purpose zoom and that's it.

If you know you'll have the luxury of time, bring the tripod and your filters. That's only if you're very sure you'll have time to set up your landscape shots. No point rushing through your landscapes and not putting much thought into it.

I don't think you'll need to bring your 24mm, 70-200 nor 2X Extender.

Talking Re: Hi... Newbie here !

Quote Originally Posted by lennyl View Post
    Guide travel = guided tour?

Unless you have a really patient tour group, I'd just bring the 5D with 16-35 and 24-105. In a pinch, I'll leave the 16-35 behind. Bring the tripod along, but don't be surprised if you don't get much of a chance to use it. I suggest taking group photos with it to keep other tour members happy. I don't know how much time you need to set up IR - if it takes a few minutes, chances are you're better off leaving it at home. Bring the ND8 and CPL.

I'm not familiar with Qiulin so my recommendation may be off. I'm assuming lots of nature and scenery stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Agree with Lenny. Bring a WA and general purpose zoom and that's it.

If you know you'll have the luxury of time, bring the tripod and your filters. That's only if you're very sure you'll have time to set up your landscape shots. No point rushing through your landscapes and not putting much thought into it.

I don't think you'll need to bring your 24mm, 70-200 nor 2X Extender.
    Thanks for the advise. I'm travel alone, not by any tour or group. I don't want my privacy to shoot distribute by another member of group if I go with Tour Group. I'll spent a lot of time for around one month in China. . Of course I'll share my shoot here after I come back.
    Nikon D3s, Leica M9, Nikon D800

Quote Originally Posted by triplehfoto View Post
    Thanks for the advise. I'm travel alone, not by any tour or group. I don't want my privacy to shoot distribute by another member of group if I go with Tour Group. I'll spent a lot of time for around one month in China. . Of course I'll share my shoot here after I come back.
    Hmm then in that case, you can afford to bring your tripod and landscape usage filters, considering you have the luxury of time to set up and work each shot to your liking.

Hmm then in that case, you can afford to bring your tripod and landscape usage filters, considering you have the luxury of time to set up and work each shot to your liking.
    Yeah.. and if photography is the only purpose (or main purpose) of the trip, bring the backup body. I'd still leave the 24mm behind (unless it is a TS and you intend to shoot architecture in Beijing) and the 70-200 (which means no point carrying the teleconverter). I'd also leave the battery grip behind if weight is a concern.

Talking Re: Hi... Newbie here !

Quote Originally Posted by lennyl View Post
    Yeah.. and if photography is the only purpose (or main purpose) of the trip, bring the backup body. I'd still leave the 24mm behind (unless it is a TS and you intend to shoot architecture in Beijing) and the 70-200 (which means no point carrying the teleconverter). I'd also leave the battery grip behind if weight is a concern.
    Thanks for another advise , I still prefer take my 70-200 in case if I need to take some shot far away that need zoom... And leave my 24mm, extender 2x and battery grip.
    Nikon D3s, Leica M9, Nikon D800

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12