Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY bounce flash attachment

Post pics when you're done !

Here are some pics of my DIY bounce flash attachment ver 2.0. Hope that this can help anyone who wish to make their own version of the attachment ! This version is more sturdy than my previous one, although still not "solid". Btw, forgive the uglyness. I used epoxy resin to glue the bits and pieces of acrylic together.

Here's the attachment:

Another view:

Camera with attachment on:

A closer look:

Notice that the handle of the pan-tilt head is now in front of the camera instead. There's not enough space to put on the attachment if the handle faces the "normal" direction. This is the major mistake I made
    Last edited by ChinShiong; 14th August 2003 at 12:05 AM.

Results are pretty satisfactory IMHO. I guess I'll stick with this version for now. No time to make version 3 either

Shot taken with flash and the room light on:

Shot taken with flash, but without the room light:

your max flash range drop a lot right ? this version is much better. i coming up with version 2.1

hi chin shiong,

u stay in woodlands dr 75? ur tile looks exactly like mine...

great piece of work! do u find ur built-in flash takes long time to charge up after each shot?

Hehe, HDB tiles nowadays look all the same Anyway, I don't know how long is "long", but I've never shot continuous with flash, so I dunno

Default Ideasbut no time to look n work on....

Anybody thought of using a prism mirror to redirect the light upwards then bounce to a bounce card/reflective board? i think the power of the flash wld not be lost significantly...

or even 2 prism mirrors... to redirect the flash higher??? just an opinion.. of coz the cost wld be higher coz we are using optics here...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12