Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TC or WA???

You guys sure you lose that much light? Meter at a subject, check the shutter speed, fix the telecon and check again.

A 1 stop light loss means that the shutter speed is halved.

Normally front mounted TCs don't cause such a big loss in light.

I think that only applies to SLR TC's right? There's a reason why the front element of the Sony (and others) TC is so big...

Originally posted by sequitur
    either way by attaching a converter or filter or whatever.. as long as it's another piece of glass, you're bound to lose light, just that how much light you lose is in question.

if i'm not wrong a WA and TCON will both lose you at least 1 stop of light. i read this in some photography book.
    Are those SLR type of converters where you mount between the lens and the body? The book probably refers to these type of converters.

I've tried several converters. Some like Olympus B300 (now resurrected as TCON17) do not lose much light (1/3 stop or less).
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Hmm... din know that there is a difference btw the TC for SLR and digi cam. The book I had got the info from is talking about photography and camera in general, so not sure about that for digi cam...

Default Got my WA!!!

Just got my 55mm WA from CP before it closed today. Just to give it a test to take picture, but had tried attaching it to my cam to see the difference... Like to share my findings....

1. Need to toggle the Conversion Len option in the menu, else the cam cannot focus on the subject. Tried switching to manual focus, but in vain...

2. Aperture and shutter speed is still adjustable throughout the whole range...

3. Zooming is disabled!!!

Overall, is quite satisfied with the WA, giving very good perspective and sharpness. Regarding the zooming part... IMHO, is rather redundant as I had earlier mentioned about zooming cancelling the WA effect...

Will post more comments and finding once I bring it out for a shoot tomorrow morning at Chinatown.

Default Re: Got my WA!!!

Originally posted by Edwin
    1. Need to toggle the Conversion Len option in the menu, else the cam cannot focus on the subject. Tried switching to manual focus, but in vain...
    I seriously don't remember doing that the last time.
    Do try enabling macro mode and leave the conversion lens option to it's default off.
    The cam should be able to focus and you can zoom too.
    Sometimes you may need 27 - 37mm.

Just came back from my Chinatown shoot...

Thanks Fella, the macro walkaround really works. Think I'm able to set the focal length to 27 - 37mm.

All in all, think the 55mm wide angle is a worthy buy. Thanks guys for the recommendation. Hope can get the TC in the near future...

Jus to post somethings to get around with the F4.0 and the "conversion lens" settings for the MHG-07A
    Actually i think quite a number of people have seen it else where that u can actually set to macro focus and can shoot already.
    And the F4.0 setting is actually not limited, u can use F2.0 without much distortion also. all u have to do is to set to manual mode.
    And if u do notice, it is best the closer the WA to the lens, the sharper, so it is best to take off any UV filters when using it.
    And most of the time the focusing distance is at 0.11m, so u dont even need to focus at all. Jus use manual focus and it works most of the time. This is of course not true when the subject is very very close to the lens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12