Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAW vs JPEG

Default Re: RAW vs JPEG

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    I think you have missed out a very important point in Forum Etiquette .....
    if you have surfed long enough, in most forums, it is commonly practised that ppl should do some searches before asking for information. It is not that a question will kill anyone but for practical reasons such as saving bandwidths, too many duplication threads/posts, etc.....

Imagine if this question is being asked everyday when a newbie comes in ... and "it doesn't hurt or harm to just say a little...", but just imagine .........

That is why there is always a "SEARCH" function button ....
    C'mon...don't talk about ETIQUETTE...sounds so FORMAL
    tiz forum should b fun 4 newbies,those who needs help n those who wanna help
    so don't b so sarcastic...as i said if it's bothering u than ignore the tread...
    thankz many-many

Ah cmon guys. He's a newbie right? Since this is his first time posting, just answer him if you know, and also tell him to search for such things next time. I'm sure he'll understand because he might be new to using forums. If he asks another question that's easily searched, then that's different.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Headshotzx View Post
    Ah cmon guys. He's a newbie right? Since this is his first time posting, just answer him if you know, and also tell him to search for such things next time. I'm sure he'll understand because he might be new to using forums. If he asks another question that's easily searched, then that's different.
    Thankz bro

Quote Originally Posted by rIdBrEaKeRkId View Post
    C'mon...i'm new to all tiz stuff...
    u guys treat tiz forum so FORMAL.. it's as if i'm posting to the PRESIDENT of S'pore...
    i'm not trying to ask u to spoon feed me...but if u tink it's irritate u than ignore the questions...
    rather than to throw a gasoline on a fire...aniway thankz ah bro
    Quote Originally Posted by rIdBrEaKeRkId View Post
    C'mon...don't talk about ETIQUETTE...sounds so FORMAL
    tiz forum should b fun 4 newbies,those who needs help n those who wanna help
    so don't b so sarcastic...as i said if it's bothering u than ignore the tread...
    thankz many-many
    C'mon

read the Clubsnap terms of use, point #2

Here it is, in case you can't find it.

2. New Posters (newbies) - Use the Search Engine to find out if whatever information you are seeking has been posted before posting a question.
    No one here owes you an answer, and some questions have just been answered way too many times...so a search would really do justice to all the answers in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    C'mon

read the Clubsnap terms of use, point #2

Here it is, in case you can't find it.

No one here owes you an answer, and some questions have just been answered way too many times...so a search would really do justice to all the answers in the past.
    standing at a neutral POV, i can only relate this to reading the user manual first thing you bought your camera. it's not against the law if the user fail to do so, but it is advisable for him to do it. some ppl got excited to power on the camera and throw the manual aside when he open up that box. if only every electronics can be designed in such a way that the user will have to read the manual before that electronic will be able to power up upon switch on... but this can never happen in real life.

one can choose to either be helpful and guide the newbies, or keep quiet and curse the poster for asking stupid question whithout offending anyone unknowingly, or screw the poster big time and make the poster feel so unwelcomed. these are choices which anyone can make themselve.
    Last edited by zzyzx; 9th September 2008 at 07:26 PM.
    [Canon EOS 5D II + 40D | EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II + 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II] [Fuji X-Pro1 + XF35mm f/1.4]

selfish people. if you find it irritating you. dont bother to reply la. K-PO Singaporean.

people wanna help they ownself will type. why not you go start your own forum?
    Last edited by josephkyy; 10th September 2008 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josephkyy View Post
    selfish people. if you find it irritating you. dont bother to reply la. K-PO Singaporean.

Who's more selfish... The people trying to teach you how to do research, or the people who decide to join a forum and then totally disregard the forum rules, basic forum etiquette and all the hard work put in by the experienced members to write out detailed FAQs?

To me, I think the second is more selfish... And disrespectful.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Who's more selfish... The people trying to teach you how to do research, or the people who decide to join a forum and then totally disregard the forum rules, basic forum etiquette and all the hard work put in by the experienced members to write out detailed FAQs?

To me, I think the second is more selfish... And disrespectful.
    bro i agree with you. but i guess what he's trying to mean is if the guy who help use a unfriendly tone for eg "hey can you use your brain or not? the answer you want could be found using the search engine" versus "you may find the search function in this forum helpful to answer your question, including your future doubts ".

if it'sthe former statement, then i guess wat josephkyy says is right, might as well dun reply.
    [Canon EOS 5D II + 40D | EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II + 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II] [Fuji X-Pro1 + XF35mm f/1.4]

It is not a matter of irritating or not. You try answering the same question 5 times in two weeks and you see if it is really very respectful to you, the person answering the question, if someone pops up and asks the question for the sixth time, with the answer being readily available five times before that already.

A lot of us have been around for some time and have been seeing this exact situation I have just illustrated above happening, all the time. It does not take much effort for one to do a search, and for some topics (such as this), you will find enough answers for you to choke on, without having to start a new thread.

Is suggesting doing a search not helping in some way? If you think it isn't, then maybe your perception of "helping" is "spoonfeeding".

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    It is not a matter of irritating or not. You try answering the same question 5 times in two weeks and you see if it is really very respectful to you, the person answering the question, if someone pops up and asks the question for the sixth time, with the answer being readily available five times before that already.".

Bro like i said dont bother replying. "no one said that you HAVE to reply" Did he like even PM-ED you personally asking you the question? He's new to the forum he could not have know how to use it what, why cant help? if you dont wish to just dont reply him rather then wasting your time typing all this rubbish. If you have so much time to type all the rubbish why cant you use your time to be helpful and make people smile rather then making people feeling ****ed up and unwelcomed ?

a person like me , just noob to dslr when i saw the thread raw vs jpeg, the reason why i clicked this page is because i wanna learn too , its like ohh on the way thing you know. to my suprised i read so many useless answers to this questions.

like i said. "If you have so much time to type all the rubbish why cant you use your time to be helpful and make people smile rather then making people feeling ****ed up and unwelcomed ?"

well ive said what ive gotta say.
    Last edited by josephkyy; 11th September 2008 at 09:27 AM.

I think the TS is fine to post his questions in the newbie corner. That is what it is for right? For newbs to ask questions......intelligent or not. So in this section, those "Senior Members" who browse this section have to do so with an open mind and a kind intention to help the newbies.

If it is really a "stupid" question the the senior member, then just point the right way to the newbie.

Even for moderators, you can just scan throught the newbie section to delete threads if supposedly all the stupid questions originate in here.

Just my opinion............and we want to make newbies feel welcome, so the purpose of the newbie section..........to ask stupid questions without fear or reprisal.

Bro like i said dont bother replying. "no one said that you HAVE to reply" Did he like even PM-ED you personally asking you the question? He's new to the forum he could not have know how to use it what, why cant help? if you dont wish to just dont reply him rather then wasting your time typing all this rubbish. If you have so much time to type all the rubbish why cant you use your time to be helpful and make people smile rather then making people feeling ****ed up and unwelcomed ?

a person like me , just noob to dslr when i saw the thread raw vs jpeg, the reason why i clicked this page is because i wanna learn too , its like ohh on the way thing you know. to my suprised i read so many useless answers to this questions.

like i said. "If you have so much time to type all the rubbish why cant you use your time to be helpful and make people smile rather then making people feeling ****ed up and unwelcomed ?"

True, nobody is obliged to make a reply. So likewise, the TS will not be guaranteed to get an answer. I think the TS has already got his answer.
    Seriously, all it takes the TS is a Google search and the answer can be found, instead of posting a question that has been asked many times before.
    Because the TS is new to this place, perhaps many of the earlier posts, are telling the TS to do more of a self-study and research given that this question, undoubtedly, would have been a common question. So I don't believe these posts should labelled as 'rubbish' because it is done with the interest of TS. It is likely that if the TS continues to post such highly repeated questions, he might not get a reply from csers, no matter how helpful they are. Just treat it as an orientation to this forum..
    Last edited by gymak90; 11th September 2008 at 10:06 AM.
    The best things in life are free.

a person like me , just noob to dslr when i saw the thread raw vs jpeg, the reason why i clicked this page is because i wanna learn too , its like ohh on the way thing you know.
    That's what all the member here expect from newbies at least to a small amount: reading, browsing, reading, self-study ... and that's the point many members have emphasized. Maybe you can tell TS how difficult it was for you to read all available information first?
    If the structure of the forum is not helping to find an answer please let the moderators know. There is a feedback section here and there was a reorganization just recently. The forum should be self-explaining in it's structure even to those who are new to the topic.

Alright, that's enough, guys. Smile, shake hands, hug, and move on. It's a small stuff. Move on.

thankz bro...

At page 2 of this thread, i hope the thread starter already understands the difference between RAW and JPEG... Hahahaha
    Loslos...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12