Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: conflict?

Default Re: conflict?

Quote Originally Posted by wowowoof View Post
    Read my words... IF... nothing is impossible in this world ..

If Yam can cook, so can I. In view where many of my fellow csers paying good money to attend some courses that end early, get nothing much in return except playing only with program mode, a flash course included which only teach you how to shoot only in program mode..to menothing much of a hands on... I think if people who claim they are instructors can actually teach this way, I am of the opinion that what I impart will be more value for money

as mentioned also, an alternative view ....

constructive views.. and do not put me down please.
    yam can be cooked, it can't cook. Yan on the other hand, can cook, he can't(shouldn't) be cooked.

My view is that if "I think if people who claim they are instructors can actually teach this way, I am of the opinion that what I impart will be more value for money" is what you think, i sure as heck wouldn't want to attend your course. I don't know your current skill level, and i do believe that its not necessarily years of experience that you need to be good (i have a friend who started macro in september last year, he's winning awards and doing professional macro shoots now), but if you're going to go in with the attitude that you're doing it cause you can impart more value for money then Besides, how would you go about teaching flash photography? i presume your instance of a course taught in program mode was meant for newer photographers? don't you think trying to teach most new photographers about flash AND using all the different variables in Manual mode is rather "high level" for beginners?

i do agree though, that some instructors are .

btw, what do you mean by "alternative views"?
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

And not trying to be offensive here. But what can you show us that you have a better understanding and are able to teach?

I can even claim that I know how to shoot macro and teach that too...

If you wish to start a course, I believe most of the participants would want to know your credibility as well as to see a portfolio of your works to demonstrate your understanding of the subject on hand.

After-all, if theory is all we need, we can just search on the internet.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

wowowoof
    Guests

you have brought out the essence of the point which I was supposed to raise.

portfolios can be doctored to show the desired work of the photographer, no?

you should have attended the basic course then, because whatever they teach, you find out that you can just apply without need to attend in the first place. is that call teaching? For a subcomponent of the course that is devoted totally flash, and they teach you about the flash whithout hands on, is it not better just to read through the manual? I still remember they recommending one of the flashes, and proceed to telling you how good the flash is, is that teaching? Or avoiding your questions because they are meant for theie next course, that is teaching?

no issues with you with regards to you questionng my ability. I mentioned 'IF' , so I was actually referring to the fact that if these ppl claim they are instructors , so too I can teach, because you will simply get the information from the manuals or books!! Perhaps I could have put it clearly in my writing as so, so that you can better understand the context.

Also, what about the question, IF SOMEONE would like to do the following:
    1) organise a photography course
    and at the same time
    2) set up a forum?

Seems like none of the relevant authorties are delving into this issue.

oh you were asking a rhetorical question. haha didn't realise.

to set up a forum, it has nothing to do with the CS admins/mods UNLESS you try to pull members from this forum or you advertise it here. at least, thats what i understand from the rules and regulations.

wowowoof
    Guests

hi vonlichenstein, my ang mo not so powderful like urs.. rhetorical... wow.. at least I learn something here.. ups for you here..

like you mentioned, 'pull members from this forum'. The course organiser , in the midst of their course, intro me to their own forum. subsequently they email to me, informing us of the presence of their forum, to take a look at it.. hmmmm, to me, is it an not an act of pulling members ? that question has been raging inside me, of which cannot clear la..

so, that was where my questions to this thread arose.....

wowowoof
    Guests

was speaking to some photographers from other forums and got to know about this issue with regards to conflict.

somewhere around this time last year (2007), a course organiser situated in midlink point was booted out of CS as a result of it setting up a forum parallel to CS. Heard that they were found out during one of the photo exhibitions.

concurrently, another course organiser located in the opposite building, also set up a forum but was not booted out despite evidences as per my attached.

I wonder how this could be so, view that, in the words of Mr Darren, both are trying to pull members from CS.

Please do note that I have no particular interests in either parties. Just wondering the great disparity of treatment for both .

vince123123
    Guests

The simple answer is this.

You can organise anything you want and set up any forum you want. So long as you don't use ClubSnap as a way to divert traffic to your forum, the Administrators are not going to penalise you for it. Whatever you do outside of Clubsnap is your business. You can organise your course in CS, then brainwash your attendees during the course to come to your forums, go to your neighbourhood coffeeshop and jio everyone over, or go camp at Peninsula Plaza to ambush Cathay customers.

So long as you do your "pull member activities" OUTSIDE clubsnap, the admins are not going to care.

The key phrase here is "in good faith"....

(Geez, the web is getting way too politicised...)
    Last edited by drakon09; 24th September 2008 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    The key phrase here is "in good faith"....
    I actually wondered about that, a long time ago, with these posts ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    I actually wondered about that, a long time ago, with these posts ...
    Well, anonymity of the web is such that you can easily pretend to be someone else, of another gender, of another race, etc to either:

1. Phish of information
    2. Blatantly solicit "help" (an avatar of a pretty girl with a suitably-fitting nick works wonders)
    3. Entrap the admins and moderaters (pretending to be a victim, asking for clarification on a hypothetical scenario)
    4. Troll and flamebait
    5. ... and the list goes on and on.

*shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Well, anonymity of the web is such that you can easily pretend to be someone else, of another gender, of another race, etc to either:

1. Phish of information
    2. Blatantly solicit "help" (an avatar of a pretty girl with a suitably-fitting nick works wonders)
    3. Entrap the admins and moderaters (pretending to be a victim, asking for clarification on a hypothetical scenario)
    4. Troll and flamebait
    5. ... and the list goes on and on.

*shrug*
    The wonders of the internet!

was speaking to some photographers from other forums and got to know about this issue with regards to conflict.

somewhere around this time last year (2007), a course organiser situated in midlink point was booted out of CS as a result of it setting up a forum parallel to CS. Heard that they were found out during one of the photo exhibitions.

concurrently, another course organiser located in the opposite building, also set up a forum but was not booted out despite evidences as per my attached.

I wonder how this could be so, view that, in the words of Mr Darren, both are trying to pull members from CS.

Please do note that I have no particular interests in either parties. Just wondering the great disparity of treatment for both .
    so, is this consider a tip off?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    so, is this consider a tip off?
    wah, the admins and mods gonna conduct a raid! can i take pictures and send to news papers? can win handphone one.

wowowoof
    Guests

To Mr catchlights:

You may consider it as a tip off. You may consider it as a question for the moderators and administrators. It is up to the reader to intrepret the sentences. All I am asking is, why is there a discrepency in treatment between two shoot /course organisers, both obviously set up their own forum. One was deregistered, another not deregistered.

To Mr Drakon09:

Quote: Entrap the admins and moderators (pretending to be a victim, asking for clarification on a hypothetical scenerio)
    Does this mean that you are implying that I am a 'victim', asking for clarification on a hypothetical scenerio, when in fact such a case did happen? So, you are saying that I fabricated the email which was my very first post on this thread?

I have been waiting for answers , but no one from admin or moderators were forthcoming in their response, except the replies from Mr Drakin09 and Mr Darren, who had provided me some insight on your rules and regulations. I can only conclude after this episode that you are willing to close an eye to the existence of the alternative forum for one and take action on the other even though both are introducing students to their alternative forums. Proofme wrong otherwise.

I would like make a suggestion. Make it a fair competition. Either kick all out, or reinstate all in, let them have a say with their courses,. As for their forum, let them run theirs. I am sure that CS is already a market leader for photographers here in Singapore and have no such fear of losing its subscribers or followers. To me, the more the merrier. Photography is for photographers. I am sure that besides CS, there are already other available forums, yet , ppl still turn to CS for all sorts of information and advises. Look far, not within the next metre or two only.

Blog Entries

to Mr wowowoof

please read post #27 by Mr vince123123

Blog Entries

the fact is that all are welcomed,
    but do note the ClubSNAP's Terms of Use, Rules and Regulations
    which everyone is bound by

especially point #8 in this case

8. Commercial Advertising - We do not allow commercial website linking or advertising and if you wish to advertise on the site, please contact us. This rules also covers webmasters of other websites seeking to promote themselves on this forum without benefit to this forum - Do not use the ClubSNAP forums to promote other forums or web sites in which you have a stake. We will remove messages that serve mostly or exclusively to drive forum members to external forums or web sites.
    Last edited by ortega; 24th September 2008 at 01:58 PM.

Blog Entries

i believe this will answer your question?
    if you have proof of wrong doing, please use the "report bad post" function
    and we will deal with it, if it goes against the terms of use.

wowowoof
    Guests

Thank you Mr Ortega for responding to me. I get the picture as to what you are saying.

Could you show evidence , for all, to show that the 'kicked out' course organiser did actually post / promote their forum in Clubsnap? This will put to rest any lingering doubts and at the same time, I could inform those who had 'misinformed' me about their mistakes? Your help here is greatly appreciated.

Dun think it will be much difficulty for you to retrieve the post.

Blog Entries

Thank you Mr Ortega for responding to me. I get the picture as to what you are saying.

Could you show evidence , for all, to show that the 'kicked out' course organiser did actually post / promote their forum in Clubsnap? This will put to rest any lingering doubts and at the same time, I could inform those who had 'misinformed' me about their mistakes? Your help here is greatly appreciated.

unfortunately, i have no idea what happened in the past,

i believe that the admins/mods had a valid reason for doing so and would have written and/or spoke to the "kicked out" course organiser
    basically there is only the terms of use to follow, it is quite simple.

one week after my posting, except for a few constructive views from some csers, there were also quite a few banal talkers here. Kopttiam talk is kopitiam talk, but talk according to issues raised please.

Was hoping to get more insight and views from the moderators and the administrators, except for Darren, whom I have raised some counter issues, my queries were not addressed.

Hopefully, some moderators or administrators can shed some light to my following queries. Also, I would like to ask the following:
    1) If I would like be a course organiser in CS, is it possible?
    2) If I would also set up my own forum concurrently, is it permissible? Reason being that there are also a lot of people who are looking for alternative veiws to photography, which might not be offered in CS.

CS to me, has a lot of potential. I would like to help raise the standard of photography such that a lot of people benefit when using their DSLR/ didital cams. More people means more visitors and memberships in CS/ new forum. There is also a lot of awareness / unawareness in using digital cameras now, so, the role of CS here is very important.

Would appreciate if some constructive views are posted. If talk rot, please do not post on my thread. TYVM (Thank you very much)

So funny..... by comparing this two post.

Look like there are some hidden agenda.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast