Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: best fried carrot cakes?

Default Re: best fried carrot cakes?

my favourite one, very ulu, but very crispy, smells damn good, taste super awesome!
    generous with the eggs and the crispiness of it is really addictive. not too oily too!

don't know the postal code nor the kopitiam name, but its found along Upper Bukit Timah Road, very near to Fajar Secondary School on the map.

i got a picture of the food and the shop though! its really nice! higly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    where to find huh? i like white one........
    Snap snap away!

Quote Originally Posted by tainted View Post
    tampines ave 4!!! got this coffeeshop that sells really good ones... its light... and you can't feel the cloying grease... its got abit of chilli in it but its tolerable.. and trust me on that since i can't take chilli well...
    and...
    no chilli where got nice. i usually asked for more chilli
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by weishengg View Post
    my favourite one, very ulu, but very crispy, smells damn good, taste super awesome!
    generous with the eggs and the crispiness of it is really addictive. not too oily too!

don't know the postal code nor the kopitiam name, but its found along Upper Bukit Timah Road, very near to Fajar Secondary School on the map.

i got a picture of the food and the shop though! its really nice! higly recommended!

I know where! It is near this linear condo, and quite near ten mile junction LRT. Some shophouses kind of kopitiam. Indeed their carrot cake is good

where to find huh? i like white one........
    White carrot cake?

CONFIRM the best is at Toa Payoh Lorong 1A, Block 127. Chey Sua Carrot Cake, second floor. The chili she uses is amazing. And the way she fries it: crispy on the outside, but soft on the inside, is perfect.

It's 3-4 stores away from the best Hokkien Mee in Singapore: Tian Tian Lai

Best white carrot cake and best hokkien mee right next to each other. Doesn't get any better than that.

I usually go on Saturday mornings and order one plate of each, because the carrot cake store closes at about 1 usually. Business is THAT good.
    Last edited by entropy_h; 8th September 2008 at 02:46 PM.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

How can you all miss out the stall in the AMK central market!

Where is chomp chomp?

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Where is chomp chomp?
    Serangoon Gardens

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmerlin View Post
    amk central where...later i go ta-bao for my nite meeting...
    蓮花仙子

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    White carrot cake?

CONFIRM the best is at Toa Payoh Lorong 1A, Block 127. Chey Sua Carrot Cake, second floor. The chili she uses is amazing. And the way she fries it: crispy on the outside, but soft on the inside, is perfect.

Best white carrot cake and best hokkien mee right next to each other. Doesn't get any better than that.

I usually on Saturday mornings and order one plate of each, because the carrot cake store closes at about 1 usually. Business is THAT good.

10,000x agreed
    蓮花仙子

I stay in AMK and I don't find this store good. One of my grand-aunty lives just behind Chomp Chomp (2 mins walking distance away), and I don't find that one good either.

I agree with entropy_h. Best fried carrot cake in the island of Singapura is found in Toa Payoh Lorong 1A, Blk 127. And the best fried hokkien mee is just a stone-throw away. Singapore's very own sin city and arteries-buster.

They are the benchmarks for fried carrot cake and hokkien mee.
    Last edited by photobum; 8th September 2008 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    I stay in AMK and I don't find this store good. One of my grand-aunty lives just behind Chomp Chomp (2 mins walking distance away), and I don't find that one good either.

I agree with entropy_h. Best fried carrot cake in the island of Singapura is found in Toa Payoh Lorong 1A, Blk 127. And the best fried hokkien mee is just a stone-throw away. Singapore's very own sin city and arteries-buster.

They are the benchmarks for fried carrot cake and hokkien mee.
    Glad you agree.

Actually maybe we shouldn't publicize so much. If not, I'm going to have to end up waiting longer than the usual 15-20 minutes for my carrot cake.

But seriously, even if you don't think that the carrot cake is the best in Singapore, or that the hokkien mee is the best in Singapore (though I happen to believe they are definitely both the best), just the fact that you can get two extremely high quality dishes at the same location should warrant you having to go try it out.

If you really dig both hokkien mee AND carrot cake, then it is a MUST try. You can't go wrong man, two awesome stores right next to each other. I would hate it if I had to travel to both ends of the island for my favorite dishes. In this case, I don't.
    Last edited by entropy_h; 8th September 2008 at 02:47 PM.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    amk central where...later i go ta-bao for my nite meeting...
    The food center just beside the wet market. If I remember correctly, its at the end of the 2nd row of food stalls.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    White carrot cake?

I usually go on Saturday mornings and order one plate of each, because the carrot cake store closes at about 1 usually. Business is THAT good.
    OH YES I FORGOT THIS! my mom always gets it for me for breakfast last time. DAMN GOOD. sometimes i wake up late and never eat till later in the afternoon, microwave, then add my ah ma chilli in, SUPER SHIOCK.

Quote Originally Posted by liionel View Post
    OH YES I FORGOT THIS! my mom always gets it for me for breakfast last time. DAMN GOOD. sometimes i wake up late and never eat till later in the afternoon, microwave, then add my ah ma chilli in, SUPER SHIOCK.
    i had this since young...when i stayed at Toa Payoh...

*i am revealing my age *
    蓮花仙子

The food center just beside the wet market. If I remember correctly, its at the end of the 2nd row of food stalls.
    wet market? erh...where is the wet market??
    蓮花仙子

Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    i had this since young...when i stayed at Toa Payoh...

*i am revealing my age *
    you are 36 right?
    Objection !!!

Serangoon North Ave 1 Blk153A coffee shop. The uncle's black fried carrot cake with lots of chilli is good most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by cairocks View Post
    Serangoon North Ave 1 Blk153A coffee shop. The uncle's black fried carrot cake with lots of chilli is good most of the time.
    ooh its been revamped right? the char siew rice not bad leh there..

Redhill carrot cake. Near Redhill MRT. Egg plenty plenty. Ask for more egg and u get omelette! BEST! hahah

you are 36 right?
    erhemm...cannot tell lah
    蓮花仙子

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast