Thread: Forbidden city

Default Forbidden city

The Forbidden City was the Chinese imperial palace from the mid-Ming Dynasty to the end of the Qing Dynasty. I took this curvy river running in front of it during my trip to Beijing attending a conference. This river is man-made to lead the water into the Forbidden city for FengShui purpose. Forgot the exposure used. Please comment on the composition and ways to improve this image, thanks

Default Re: Forbidden city

A higher vantage point will reveal more of the river and give it more focus (which is the intent of this photo). Perhaps taking this in the evening time would make the photos more beautiful, especially with the blue glow in the dusk.

It is nice. I like it. The weather looks hot and cloudless. Is it summer when you visit Beijing?

Thanks for all the advice and inputs.
    Ya, its HOT, 35 degree.

Just a thought.

If you want to emphasize the canal, perhaps you can try mounting the camera onto a tripod or monopod with a wired remote.

Invert the camera and lower it as close to the water as possible (or reasonably can) and take a shot closer to the water, with the buildings in the background. I think it would drive the emphasis a lot more strongly ??

Everytime I put up an image, I am looking for a message to bring home. The learning point of this post is: To be a good photographer, you must be able to see thing from different perspective,

sometime you need to climb higher:

Quote Originally Posted by crazypaladin View Post
    A higher vantage point will reveal more of the river.
    Sometime you may need even to lay lower:

Quote Originally Posted by KangS View Post
    Invert the camera and lower it as close to the water as possible (or reasonably can) and take a shot closer to the water, with the buildings in the background. I think it would drive the emphasis a lot more strongly:
    This is essential to get a good view of thing, I think this apply to how we deal with problem in our life too...Thanks for the inputs

Hmmm... There seems to be a slight tilt to the left...

If you could adjust the levels of the pic slightly downward, it should reveal more potential.

Cheers