Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: looking for dslr

  1. #1

    Default looking for dslr

    Hi everyone,

    i need a camera which has an image stabilization, high continuous speed, fast multi point auto focus, colour and dust control.

    I need your help in recommending me a camera cause i'm too confused over what to get.

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: looking for dslr

    Wait for the Canon EOS 50D, it wont disappoint you
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

  3. #3

    Default Re: looking for dslr

    but i have a budget of about 1k or less, 50d starting price should be also at least 1.2k

  4. #4

    Default Re: looking for dslr

    Quote Originally Posted by slee88 View Post
    but i have a budget of about 1k or less, 50d starting price should be also at least 1.2k
    Oh okay. Is your 1k budget for the entire set or for the body alone? If you fork out a few more hundreds, i believe by combing the Classified here u can get a 40D for 1k+ and a good lens for the couple hundreds. If not, try to look for deals that throw in kit lens with the body. Im afraid by looking at older models the burst speed will be lower. If you dont mind 5fps u can take a 2nd hand EOS 30D which retails typically for 800-900 body alone.

    Try not to look at entry level models as due to their platform have crippled burst speed of average 3fps, even though a new set can be in ur budget.
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

  5. #5

    Default Re: looking for dslr

    1k for kit. was looking at ,d40,d40x, eos450d or 40d.

  6. #6

    Default Re: looking for dslr

    Quote Originally Posted by slee88 View Post
    1k for kit. was looking at ,d40,d40x, eos450d or 40d.
    You wont be getting sastifactory burst speed on the first 3 models. Do reconsider ur choices
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

  7. #7
    Member lennyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: looking for dslr

    Quote Originally Posted by slee88 View Post
    Hi everyone,

    i need a camera which has an image stabilization, high continuous speed, fast multi point auto focus, colour and dust control.

    I need your help in recommending me a camera cause i'm too confused over what to get.
    Actually, since you know the specs so well, why not look up available models with the features you want, then ask for opinions here.

    Because, we'd need to get back to you for additional information, such as:

    1. Image stabilization - in body or in lens? If in body, Canon and Nikon are out.

    2. High continuous speed - how high? Compared to P&S, even 3 fps looks high. And how many shots burst do you want?

    3. Is CF or SD an important consideration for you?

    4. AF speed depends a lot on the lens.

    5. What do you mean by colour?

    With limited budget, you may want to consider getting a used DSLR - after you pick out which one fits your criteria.

    Good luck.

  8. #8
    Member gymak90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Far North
    Posts
    1,448

    Default Re: looking for dslr

    If you are not particular in getting a brand new cam, you can get good cams that will fit your requirments with 1k budget, like nikon D200, canon 40D etc.
    The best things in life are free.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: looking for dslr

    for $1000, Nikon D60. unless dun mind go 2nd hand shop look see.

  10. #10

    Default Re: looking for dslr

    okay, your 1k is really not enough for all what you wanted.
    second hand is a better choice.
    and image stable in body means cannon and nikon are out.
    i want to take great photos!!!

  11. #11

    Default Re: looking for dslr

    Quote Originally Posted by lennyl View Post
    Actually, since you know the specs so well, why not look up available models with the features you want, then ask for opinions here.

    Because, we'd need to get back to you for additional information, such as:

    1. Image stabilization - in body or in lens? If in body, Canon and Nikon are out.

    2. High continuous speed - how high? Compared to P&S, even 3 fps looks high. And how many shots burst do you want?

    3. Is CF or SD an important consideration for you?

    4. AF speed depends a lot on the lens.

    5. What do you mean by colour?

    With limited budget, you may want to consider getting a used DSLR - after you pick out which one fits your criteria.

    Good luck.
    ok. IS to be on lens and speed of about 3-6fps.



    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    for $1000, Nikon D60. unless dun mind go 2nd hand shop look see.
    any idea where are the 2nd hand shop? thanks.
    Last edited by slee88; 7th September 2008 at 10:04 PM.

  12. #12
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: looking for dslr

    Quote Originally Posted by slee88 View Post
    any idea where are the 2nd hand shop? thanks.
    Have look at consumer corner, there are threads about shops and the contacts. It may be worth reading other sections here as well. I'm sure you'll find lots of information and answers.

  13. #13

    Default Re: looking for dslr

    Quote Originally Posted by slee88 View Post
    ok. IS to be on lens and speed of about 3-6fps.



    any idea where are the 2nd hand shop? thanks.
    2nd shop as in go to the buy and sell section in the forum to look at ppl's ads

    if your 1k budget want all those that u stated, i think for 1st hand unit u be left with the choice of olympus
    D80/D700 18-135/17-50/14-24/24-70/70-200/70-300/50/60 SB600/900

  14. #14

    Default Re: looking for dslr

    I suggest you take a look at the Sony A300 or A200. Matches all your criteria.
    Alpha

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •