Hey guys. Yeah it's me. Again.
I own a 400D, couple of lenses and a 580EXII flash. I've been thinking of replacing my mom's old Lumix 4mp camera (back in 2005, it cost only S$200+, so it's old!) with something that's updated. It's not just for my mom, but also for me when I don't want to lug around all my gear to school, yet still want to capture moments.
I am totally out of sync of the PnS market, and I'm totally lost. Cost shall not be the issue here (as long as it doesn't cost more than S$800 for the standalone camera please)
What I'd like in the camera:
- Manual capabilities
- Good Noise Handling, at least at ISO200/400 (coming from a dslr shooter, I'd be very critical with this factor)
- Image stabilisation (all PnS have this now, right?)
- Hotshoe mount available (for use with my speedlite, or a strobist setup)
- Pocketable (so no S5-IS for me, I don't need it, and neither does my mom)
- Tripod mountable
- Cost (Less than S$800 is preferable)
Deal sweeteners: Fast flash sync speed (for strobist shoots), good battery life.
The Canon G9 caught my attention. It's got everything I need, but I heard that the noise handling isn't good. Hmm?
So, with regards to the G9, what's a good prosumer PnS? I heard of the Lumix LX3. How's that compared to the G9?
I've heard rumors of the G10 coming out soon (apparently it was officially posted on popphoto, then taken down), so I'll keep that in mind.
EDIT: My mom's Bday is in May next year, so I'm in no hurry to buy something. Maybe buy her the camera for Xmas. But that means my 50D will have to wait cos i'll be a few hundred bucks short =(