Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Please give PRs a break" in st forum today

Default Re: "Please give PRs a break" in st forum today

Would be nice if 10 years ago the PRs would go charging up the hill with me in ICT and BCTC.
    And repeat the charge.
    And repeat the charge.

Crawl under the barbed wire with me.
    Serve 2 years and multiple 10+ ICTs and countless BCTCs, overseas ICTs, etc....
    Run up and down the firing range.

Then again, if PRs had to do that, which we do, they would realise what a pain it is and they will leave on the next plane/train out of here, never to come back for the rest of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Would be nice if 10 years ago the PRs would go charging up the hill with me in ICT and BCTC.
    And repeat the charge.
    And repeat the charge.

Then again, if PRs had to do that, which we do, they would realise what a pain it is and they will leave on the next plane/train out of here, never to come back for the rest of their lives.
    You make it sound like Singapore is the only country in the world with compulsary military service (NB: even Singapore doesn't have that, as you could serve NS in non-military organizations such as SPF or SCDF). Chances are, some PRs will have a much more strenuous military past than you.

oni male PRs kenna targeted ah?

we welcome all chio females with open arms, like Gong Li! haa...

not that she is chio...
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 8th September 2008 at 01:18 AM. Reason: text added

The PRs' made the decision when they summitted the application form fully awear of all the disadvantage so why complain now? If really not happy then can always go somewhere else .As in the case for the writer there is no excuse at all as she is fully aware of the conditions that comes with the bond. Is the fine print so difficult to be understand even by a scholarship student? You don't go and sign up for a loan and then go complain about the interest rate and asking for more freebies or lower interest rate from the bank, do you?
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Whenever I hear a friend planning to apply for PR in SG, I make it a point to emphasize to them that in Singapore, the equation will always be:

Citizen > PR > EP or WP

Some would-be-PR-applicants seem to have the tendency to think or expect that the way things work here is similar to other countries, where PRs get to enjoy the same previlege/benefits as Citizens. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

:Later,

vince123123
    Guests

On the contrary, I think it is well written

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    Rubbish

vince123123
    Guests

The point is not whether they have done a strenous military past, it is where they served their military past.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf View Post
    You make it sound like Singapore is the only country in the world with compulsary military service (NB: even Singapore doesn't have that, as you could serve NS in non-military organizations such as SPF or SCDF). Chances are, some PRs will have a much more strenuous military past than you.

Arrow Re: "Please give PRs a break" in st forum today

When did National Service selection began where a Singaporean can choose to be in the SPF and SCDF ?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf View Post

white horse?

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    we welcome all chio females with open arms, like Gong Li! haa...

not that she is chio...
    She WAS chio, and that was 15 years ago. Now, she is a lao gueh bu with two huge.... errrh you know what those 'things' are.
    Last edited by photobum; 8th September 2008 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    On the contrary, I think it is well written
    Hear hear... this has more than one undertone... see if you can spot it... btw, the truth ALWAYs hits hard. Face it.

Let's voice our opinions at Speaker's Corner.

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    She WAS chio, and that was 15 years ago. Now, she is a lao gueh bu with two huge.... errrh you know what those 'things' are.
    Lightsphere?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Lightsphere?
    No.... two 8 feet solar reflectors. They are so bright that our eyes hurt.

When Zhang Yimou needed extra lights during filming, he just asked her to stand next to him.

Now, Singapore needs her to illuminate our roads during the first F1 night race. Hopefully, the race drivers don't lose their concentration and crash into City Hall.
    Last edited by photobum; 8th September 2008 at 02:42 PM.

u r rite, she could be a celebraty model once a blue (pun not intended ) moon. that is good $$ for retirement.

i shouldn't have mentioned her name....

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    And repeat the charge.
    And repeat the charge.

Only the 1st generation PRs do not go through the training but for the 2nd generation onwards, its complusary. I heard that some 1st generation also perform NS (if they are young at time of application).

Omni-Bounce?

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Only the 1st generation PRs do not go through the training but for the 2nd generation onwards, its complusary. I heard that some 1st generation also perform NS (if they are young at time of application).

And if for those that do, I think they don't just deserve PR. They deserve to call themselves citizens and I will be more than glad to root for them. Unfortunately, it seems to me, IMO, that given the current system, it makes more sense to be born a foreign national and get EP or PR in Singapore than to give up 2 years of your life.

once a PR asked me how to siam NS, she probably doesn't want her son doing NS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Omni-Bounce?
    Boink... Boink... I can imagine them bouncing already.
    Last edited by photobum; 10th September 2008 at 09:33 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast