Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Please give PRs a break" in st forum today

Default Re: "Please give PRs a break" in st forum today

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    I think you forgot to mention that most PRs come from countries whose exchange rate means that the Singapore dollar is multiplied a few times in value once converted.

Most of these PRs buy land and property back home and once they have earned enough, they pack up and leave.

I think you also forgot to mention that despite PRs paying CPF, they are paid back every single cent of their CPF when they leave for their home and cease their PR status.

If you are really serious about being a citizen and want to enjoy citizen benefits, I believe it is not hard for you to be a citizen.

And I think most Singaporeans who are PRs in other countries dont really go asking for even more benefits than they should be getting as Non citizens.....

End of the day, you guys want the best of both worlds, the security, the high pay and also 100 percent benefits of a citizen but not the responsibility being a Singaporean. In a way are you not pulling a fast one on us? Put yourself in our shoes. We go to your country, earn your money, enjoy your citizen benefits and after earning enough I tell u "thank you for the good time! Bye!" How do you feel? Bad? Well that is how we feel....
    My friend,

For West M'sian, terminating PR do not allow them to take all money but partially. I don't know about other country man.

Buying property is anyone dream, be it at host country or home country. If I could buy a landed property as a PR in Singapore, why not? We are just binded by the law.

A person to opt for citizenship is really subjective and personnal. Like for me, I came from 3rd world country. My home country could not offer me the best, Singapore gave was the nearest country to offer me the opportunity. That's why I landed here. For Singapore case, from PR to citizenship is easier as compare to other developed countries subjected to each country's law.

I would like to share with you my family case in M'sia & here in Sinagpore. My mother is Taiwanese, but she only received her M'sia PR status when I was 21 yrs old (when my brothers were 19 yrs & 17yrs). Prior that, she has to leave Sabah or take that long Q (3 days rediculous process) at immigration office every year to endorese for re-entry staying in M'sia. She could not work and could not enjoy any welfare benefits despite helping making a medium size m'sian family.

My wife is Japanese and i am not eligible for Jap PR because I am not proficient in japanese. But given our condition, we choose Singapore because this country is safer, more job choices and more schools (our son is the last cat to ballot for our neighbourhood school, no more vacancy... sigh). Still like Singaporean proudly say: Sngapore is one of the best place! We admit and that's why we are here.

But to talk about leaving once we earned enough, I think that's not really most. Maybe applicable to old days. In these days, if I could earn enough or well and living here is so safe and comfortable, why would I leave when I am at the peak of my career or still able to work?

And to maintain PR, we need company to continue to sponsor every 5 or 10 yrs. When no company wants to sponsor, do we have a valid reason to stay? The other way to keep our PR is setting a business here like some who are doing now.

To talk about leaving at bad time, i believe most of them were forced to leave instead of happily leaving. Usually, it's the developed countries economic that turned bad affected Singapore economic. Given that kind of situation, PR who lost their job in Singapore, do you think we still plan to those developed countries to join the jobless line? PR will try to stay and seek another job to survive. Til cannot tahan, resort to go back home country and continue to survive.

Human survive everywhere because of the big environment. Countries offer and restric to foreigners (be it PR, EP, WP, limited VISA...) for the best of its nation development. Yet some countries have more favourable law that attracted more ppl than others. thus making it continue to prosper and develope.

Anyone wants to be PRC PR? Though only available as EP there, still many ppl want to go there to earn big bucks and leave qickly! That's pulling fast. However, when the development level has reached to higher standard and other conditions have changed favourable, I believe many ppl too wants to be a PR there.

There are always frustration as a foreigner when we compare our contribution, obligation and rewards to citizen. These apply to all foreigners at every host countries.

Make peace, make living, make friends and make good life. And make good photographs

vince123123
    Guests

Why complain when it is what you have chosen for yourselves?

Hahhaha, good questions: why complain when foreigners made their choice.

We all have that answer too.

Quote Originally Posted by shorty View Post
    Make peace, make living, make friends and make good life. And make good photographs
    Make more money here, save more money and go home ASAP and marry a nice village girl.

All of us have the same dream.

But don't contract the BBB desease. Because you'll be stranded here forever while your nice village girl in hometown grows old waiting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Make more money here, save more money and go home ASAP and marry a nice village girl.

All of us have the same dream.

But don't contract the BBB desease. Because you'll be stranded here forever while your nice village girl in hometown grows old waiting for you.
    wah, only "a" village girl ah?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Analogy -
    Canon has aaa benefits and bbb disadvantages
    Nikon has ccc benefits and ddd disadvantages

Either you commit to a Canon system or a Nikon system
    If you want to have both, then dont complain about the high cost of owing 2 systems

Similarly. if one likes the benefits enjoyed by Singaporeans, then convert to citizenship by all means. If not stay a PR and keep your own citizenship. Of course there is a price to be paid for keeping one's own citizenship whilst enjoying PR.

Just like owning 2 systems
    Last edited by zero o; 7th September 2008 at 04:47 PM.

those who chose to move ashore need to do enough "homework" on prospective country. foreigners moving here, or locals eyeing greener pastures.

errr... does any1 know how many times can some1 move, & move, & move again?
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 7th September 2008 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    wah, only "a" village girl ah?
    Two then if your religion and body allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    those who chose to move ashore need to do enough "homework" on prospective country. foreigners moving here, or locals eyeing greener pastures.

errr... doe any1 know how many times can some1 move, & move, & move again?
    I moved three times from China to Malaysia, then from Malaysia to Singapore and finally to Australia.

I moved three times from China to Malaysia, then from Malaysia to Singapore and finally to Australia.
    looks like u can do with a long "break"...

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    looks like u can do with a long "break"...
    Australia is a long break.
    Last edited by Sion; 7th September 2008 at 03:56 PM.

looks like mr sion is finding the grass greener else where

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    looks like mr sion is finding the grass greener else where
    The greenest grass is on the ground of Istana.

The greenest grass is on the ground of Istana.
    Istana of Australia?

Hhahahah... yes, bbb virus is too strong here. Addicted and cannot cure. That,s why my village girl said no to me and she too went somewhere. My other kampung friend stayed back in kampung and just waiting that miracle toto / magnum hit him hard

A Parable

Once upon a time there was a family with a father, mother, son and daughter.

One day the father called for a family meeting.

The father said, "Look guys, if we want to upgrade fast and move on from living in a mere HDB flat, to condos and eventually have our own landed bungalow, we have to do something now, especially since I am not too young already."

Son said, "What is this something?"

Father said, "You see I have been studying all the gurus out there, spending time and money to have lunches, and dinners and golfing with them, and this is what I have arrived at, namely that we must shift our bell curve."

All looked up and said at the same time, "Huh?"

"Yes that is what we must do, and so I have decided to adopt two nationals from Wukapokoland, and they will become our children. Both are very talented with Post PhD degrees and will earn big money here for our family. And the girl plays table tennis for Wukapokoland too.

And son and daughter you both will move out of your rooms to sleep in the kitchen. And you cannot sleep in the living room as we dont want to create a false image for visitors to this home that we are in hard times.

"WTF!!?" exclaimed both son and daughter.

Father immediately asserted his authority, and raised his voice and said, "I know what is best for this family. Son, with your poly diploma how much can you earn? And daughter, even with you degree, we cannot make enough to reach our goal of becoming land owners in 10 years time. Our total family IQ is only average. We need to be better than average."

"But I rather have my room in a three room HDB than to sleep in the kitchen of a condo" protested Son. "And what makes them your children? Pieces of paper are worthless and means nothing. They will go anytime after they have exploited enough of you. Then they go back to Wukapokoland or elsewhere."

"Son, listen!", said Father, "I need to make a few points clear."

"First I call the shots here. If you say too much or think too much - remember your IQ is only average - I will close this thread, and end this discussion. I don't like discussions. Not only is it a waste of time, it shows a lack of faith in what I say. And I do not say and decided anything without careful deliberation and without the total concerns and benefits of this family as its primary goal. So I wont tolerate opposition and dissent. I know best. What I say is truth."

"Secondly, so what if they leave? So what if they leverage and exploit me? For it is only mutual. We get what we want, they get what they want. And we all want to live in a bungalow on our own land, don't we?"

"Thirdly, whats wrong with sleeping in the kitchen? We are a meritocracy here. The privilege you get under this roof is proportional to your contribution, with the exception of your mother and I. Post PhDs get their own room. What do diploma and degree expect? I am only fair and objective and rational. You get what you deserve."

"Stop it!" screams daughter.

"Is family all about money and life all about financial objectives? Does being sons and daughters counts for nothing, and all that counts are Post PhDs and income, and maybe some medal at some stupid games to boast about? Do such things really matter at all to what it means to be family?"

"Sit down!" screams back Father. "What good are sons and daughters if we have to sleep in a non air-con, leaky atap house and eat nasi lemak with tiny fishes every day? With money not only can i buy sprinters and swimmers, I can also buy sons and daughters!"

"So be it then," said Son, and he goes to his room to pack his stuff. Sister followed immediately.

Then they came out of their rooms.

Father said, "I see you all are good children after all, and truly hear me. Now go and clean up the kitchen and also tidy up this living room to welcome your new brother and sister."

Daughter then said, "If you can buy sons and daughters, we can buy fathers too. And I rather have a real family living on the sea shore eating nasi lemak even without fishes - or even starve - than bear another minute under this roof. And you are not even worth a good bye. So good riddance."

And she left the house leaving the door ajar.

"Son, you going too?"

"No for the love of Mother I will stay. And you will die one day too, sooner or later, whether you are ready or not. And the dead cannot speak."

Rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    Rubbish
    which part?

post #36 of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    post #36 of this thread.
    oic.

my opinion is that a topic so complex cannot be fully explained by an analogy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast