View Poll Results: Does your partner in life support your habit?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my partner fully supports me.

32 41.56%
  • Yes, but he/she always nags about it.

24 31.17%
  • Yes, he/she even buys photography stuff for me.

13 16.88%
  • No, I have to tell him/her my stuff is borrowed

0 0%
  • No, I have to buy them secretly.

5 6.49%
  • No, he/she will secretly sell them away!

3 3.90%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does your partner in life support your habit?

Default Does your partner in life support your habit?

Just curious.
    I'm not really good at savings so my wife gets upset when I spend crazy amounts on my photography habits (I have also other expensive habits ). And I'm not rich.
    Want to find out if you guys/girls face the same kind of issue or is your partner more supportive?

what about the option.... "Yes, so he/she can borrow the equipment without having to pay a single cent"

Mod,
    Can help me correct option 4:'No, I have to my stuff is borrowed.' to 'No, I have to tell him/her my stuff is borrowed.'

Thanks!

heh heh

so long as its not a hobby or passion that requires *frequent disappearance* in the night... hahahaa

hmmm...but does really reflected that badly???

yeah babe yeah!!

it's time!!

My wife buys my camera but I buy other stuff like flash, tripod etc.

I guess I am lucky!

i'm single so i have not participated in this poll.

just wondering, if some of u out there were single, do u think u'd spend, or have heaps more time to go shoot?

i was thinking when i get attached i probably will cut down on time spent shooting. already lost a very good gf due to spending too much time (in her opinion) on other hobbies last time.

sorree if OT.

Same here. My wife bought me my first digitial camera 3 years ago. I then bought the rest of the accessories. Well, she does grumble at times, but will be okay thereafter.

wah ... who voted 'No, he/she will secretly sell them away!' ???? tat's terrible manz ... haha ... kidding .. no offence ...

Originally posted by jOhO
    i'm single so i have not participated in this poll.

just wondering, if some of u out there were single, do u think u'd spend, or have heaps more time to go shoot?

i was thinking when i get attached i probably will cut down on time spent shooting. already lost a very good gf due to spending too much time (in her opinion) on other hobbies last time.

sorree if OT.
    Definitely! If I were single, I would spend my weekends photo taking and maybe gf hunting at the same time.
    But I have a wife & she certainly needs my attention. So she has to come first. That's y I do mostly family or company events. You don't really have to cut down your time shooting. Just make sure she takes part in what you do & enjoy your hobbies with you. Humans have feelings, cameras do not.

Originally posted by Newman
    Definitely! If I were single, I would spend my weekends photo taking and maybe gf hunting at the same time.
    But I have a wife & she certainly needs my attention. So she has to come first. That's y I do mostly family or company events. You don't really have to cut down your time shooting. Just make sure she takes part in what you do & enjoy your hobbies with you. Humans have feelings, cameras do not.
    oh i have visions of combining the two together all the time! that is to shoot her becos she'd be the most beautiful person to me! ehhee but sometimes, pple don't like to be shot.. not thousands of times anyway..

anyway, i'm single so no one to complain or encourage me for this hobby. got good got bad lar hor?

Default Re: Does your partner in life support your habit?

er.....shouldn't it be hobby rather than habit?

Default Re: Re: Does your partner in life support your habit?

Originally posted by berryhappy
    er.....shouldn't it be hobby rather than habit?
    To some, it's a hobby. To others, it can be a habit which means addiction. This is more close to what I mean for this poll.

It's interesting that there is a thread on this, because I have plenty to share.

My gf is totally against me and photography. She hates it when I bring my cameras + tripod along when we go travelling. Heck, when I go to locations at sunrise on impulse, I often get chastised for not bringing her along (she doesn't live with me by the way).

Thank god I broke up with my gf just a few days ago.

wow...that's very extreme...

Very much so I'm afraid.

Originally posted by randomwalk
    It's interesting that there is a thread on this, because I have plenty to share.

My gf is totally against me and photography. She hates it when I bring my cameras + tripod along when we go travelling. Heck, when I go to locations at sunrise on impulse, I often get chastised for not bringing her along (she doesn't live with me by the way).

You should take more great pictures of her.

Originally posted by Mocha
    You should take more great pictures of her.
    Oh I've tried. I've tried very very very hard. She wouldn't even let me. Full stop.

Originally posted by randomwalk

Buddy, nothing should come inbetween a relationship if you are going to have a successful one. Not photography, not money, not career nor your mother-in-law.

My partner supports me, joins me in photo outings. She got so interested and is now enrolled in a course.

Maybe you wanna encourage her to take a course with you?

Nah we've already broken up.

I have a different issue than you guys. You see, my wife knows that I organize model photo shoots in the weekends, and I normally not stay at home in the weekends. Now she is actually trying to pick up photography so in future she may join me as well.

Anyway, I don't spend much $ on photography, I only spend time on it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast