Thread: Wacom Bamboo VS Intuos 3

Default Wacom Bamboo VS Intuos 3

Hi,

I have never use a tablet before for PP. I have received a brand new Intuos 3 A5 and is selling it. I am thinking I may not need such an expensive model, so sell it and get a cheaper Bamboo A5.

Would you please enlighten me the differences between the 2 series? It seems like the same to a layman like me, a board with pressure sensitive pen.

If its much better, I may stop selling it....thanks!

Default Re: Wacom Bamboo VS Intuos 3

i own both tablet.. and i can say the intuos3 is definitely a better choice.. it has a higher tablet resolution (5080 line per inch) compared to the bamboo which has only half of the intuous LPI... the pen pressure level of the bamboo is also only half of the intuous 3.... intous 3 pen also has a rubber grip which i prefer, and the bamboo has none... The intous 3 is definitely a keeper.... But den again... the bamboo is much cheaper if you're budget conscious...

Why not get a bamboo first? Use both and see if YOU feel the difference.

The Intuos 3 might not be 'worth' keeping if it's a tool you're not sure you'll stick with.

Of course, if you aren't in need of cash, keep it!

Hmm...thanks for spending your time to explain the differences....as I am now using mouse to do PP, I think even a bamboo should be a big improvement right? I am just worry that once I am hooked to tablet, and when this free set is spoiled, then I have to fork out $ to pacify myself....

Quote Originally Posted by souloner View Post
    i own both tablet.. and i can say the intuos3 is definitely a better choice.. it has a higher tablet resolution (5080 line per inch) compared to the bamboo which has only half of the intuous LPI... the pen pressure level of the bamboo is also only half of the intuous 3.... intous 3 pen also has a rubber grip which i prefer, and the bamboo has none... The intous 3 is definitely a keeper.... But den again... the bamboo is much cheaper if you're budget conscious...

I don't want to open up and try, if I sell the Intuos 3, I would like to sell it brand new, sealed in the box.

I think I may want to sell it to fund for an ultra wide lens....

Quote Originally Posted by kandinsky View Post
    Why not get a bamboo first? Use both and see if YOU feel the difference.

The Intuos 3 might not be 'worth' keeping if it's a tool you're not sure you'll stick with.

Of course, if you aren't in need of cash, keep it!

Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    Hmm...thanks for spending your time to explain the differences....as I am now using mouse to do PP, I think even a bamboo should be a big improvement right? I am just worry that once I am hooked to tablet, and when this free set is spoiled, then I have to fork out $ to pacify myself....
    No probs However, like Kandisky mention, you wont be sure whether u will keep the tool until u actually use it.... Reason for so, tablet MAY not be easier than mouse... when i started out using tablets, i find myself having lots of trouble using it and i went back to using my mouse every now and then... There is a sure learning curve when using the tablet and u need some practice to actually get use to it....
    PENTAX
    My Flickr

Oic. Stroking the pen with different pressure for diff brush size is already a skill....

Quote Originally Posted by souloner View Post
    No probs However, like Kandisky mention, you wont be sure whether u will keep the tool until u actually use it.... Reason for so, tablet MAY not be easier than mouse... when i started out using tablets, i find myself having lots of trouble using it and i went back to using my mouse every now and then... There is a sure learning curve when using the tablet and u need some practice to actually get use to it....

i use the bamboo, small one.. for me, its already sufficient
    i dont think the different pressure range and dpi really impactful imo.. coz usually when editing. i find rather than giving different pressure, i just strike more lines for more effect or strike less lines for lesser effect.. (example: when doing dodging/burning, usually people will choose v small opacity and apply it a bit by bit) aiya hope you get what i mean..

a thing that i find quite annoying about this bamboo is sometimes the pen pressure wont work with photoshop.. after googling about it, i found that it is a kind of bug that you will only find in bamboo... sometimes, restart photoshop can temporarily fix the bug, but sometimes need to restart the comp.

Thanks for sharing. Can I say that once it works with the photoshop, it will remain ok throughout the session?

Quote Originally Posted by tirza View Post
    i use the bamboo, small one.. for me, its already sufficient
    i dont think the different pressure range and dpi really impactful imo.. coz usually when editing. i find rather than giving different pressure, i just strike more lines for more effect or strike less lines for lesser effect.. (example: when doing dodging/burning, usually people will choose v small opacity and apply it a bit by bit) aiya hope you get what i mean..

a thing that i find quite annoying about this bamboo is sometimes the pen pressure wont work with photoshop.. after googling about it, i found that it is a kind of bug that you will only find in bamboo... sometimes, restart photoshop can temporarily fix the bug, but sometimes need to restart the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Can I say that once it works with the photoshop, it will remain ok throughout the session?
    yes.. as long as you dont close your photoshop..

Hmm, that sounds better.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tirza View Post
    yes.. as long as you dont close your photoshop..