Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Where to buy gold jewelry?

  1. #1

    Default Where to buy gold jewelry?

    Any good goldsmith shop to recommend? I need to buy it as a wedding gift.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Where to buy gold jewelry?

    Your mother and auntie knows best.
    Check with them...especially for wedding gift.

  3. #3
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Where to buy gold jewelry?

    Yes, aunties know best.
    anyway, modern couple don't like gold jewelry anymore, cash is preferable.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  4. #4

    Smile Re: Where to buy gold jewelry?

    serangoon road. those catering to indian customers.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Where to buy gold jewelry?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Yes, aunties know best.
    anyway, modern couple don't like gold jewelry anymore, cash is preferable.
    Modern couple dont like jewelry anymore? But can still insist to give for those closely related as u will still be having contact with them for the rest of our life. This is where blood ties comes in.

    For acquaintances, maybe, giving jewelry is no longer in fashion, so give money or presents will be more practical.

  6. #6
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Where to buy gold jewelry?

    Quote Originally Posted by werbium View Post
    Modern couple dont like jewelry anymore? But can still insist to give for those closely related as u will still be having contact with them for the rest of our life. This is where blood ties comes in.

    For acquaintances, maybe, giving jewelry is no longer in fashion, so give money or presents will be more practical.
    to many modern couples, they find that gold jewelry are so "China", prefer "white gold" or diamond. more over, you don't know their taste, you can give them cash voucher to let them shop what they like.
    btw, so many gold jewelries I recieved during my wedding, they don't even have the change to see day light after so many years.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #7

    Default Re: Where to buy gold jewelry?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    to many modern couples, they find that gold jewelry are so "China", prefer "white gold" or diamond. more over, you don't know their taste, you can give them cash voucher to let them shop what they like.
    btw, so many gold jewelries I recieved during my wedding, they don't even have the change to see day light after so many years.
    You should b thankful to the ones who gave you jewelries. The value should have multipled at least 4X if you had them 10 yrs ago. If you had the gold about 25yrs ago, it had multiplied 0x

    If they had given you the same amount in money, chances are it was forgotten long ago who gave how much. The money if put in FD, would have multiplied less than 2X.

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Where to buy gold jewelry?

    gold jewelry is ornamental, to show off wealth.
    to be more practical, and investment, I would prefer gold bar, not gold jewelry.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #9

    Default Re: Where to buy gold jewelry?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    to many modern couples, they find that gold jewelry are so "China", prefer "white gold" or diamond. more over, you don't know their taste, you can give them cash voucher to let them shop what they like.
    btw, so many gold jewelries I recieved during my wedding, they don't even have the change to see day light after so many years.
    Haha.. melt them or cash them lor. they certainly can sell for alot now, maybe they can fetch u a few set of D3

  10. #10
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Where to buy gold jewelry?

    Quote Originally Posted by danielskl View Post
    Haha.. melt them or cash them lor. they certainly can sell for alot now, maybe they can fetch u a few set of D3
    trust me, I'd handle this before, my late parents estate, gold jewelries doesn't worth that much, as in compare to the original purchase value, the time, cost and efforts of safe keeping them.

    if you insist, ask for gold bar.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  11. #11

    Default Re: Where to buy gold jewelry?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    trust me, I'd handle this before, my late parents estate, gold jewelries doesn't worth that much, as in compare to the original purchase value, the time, cost and efforts of safe keeping them.

    if you insist, ask for gold bar.
    where to buy gold bars (pure gold 99.99% or 24K)? bank or goldsmith shop?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •