Thread: Getting lens hood

Default Getting lens hood

Hi,

I need a lens hood with 62mm thread size. Have not gone to PP to check out it's availablity.

Just wondering is lens hood sold like lens cap where it comes in different thread size?

Also, wat r the factors to consider when getting one?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Getting lens hood

Originally posted by horizoner
    Hi,

I need a lens hood with 62mm thread size. Have not gone to PP to check out it's availablity.

Just wondering is lens hood sold like lens cap where it comes in different thread size?

Thanks in advance
    you should take the focal length into consideration, otherwise might end up with vignetting if you use an inappropriate hood. best is to get the original (quote the part number) if possible.

I'm using a CP5700 so there r no original ... is there any with a 62mm thread size?

Default Re: Getting lens hood

Originally posted by horizoner
    Hi,

Thanks in advance
    Filter threads have been pretty much standardised over the last 30-40 years, there's some minor varience but most major camera manufacturers use threads that are interchangable so it's not an issue.

What is far more important is getting the right lenght of hood to match the focal lenght of the lens. The vendor will be able to help you with this.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

hihi... know of any places that sells flower lens hood.. besides sony ones??..