Thread: Singnet broadband or Starhub MaxOnline

Default Singnet broadband or Starhub MaxOnline

Hi, I am at the edge of deciding should I go for Singnet Broadband or Starhub MaxOnline. I need to decide before 31Jul2003 to take advantage of offer from both provider.

My usage is around half an hour daily or mail retrieving plus some browsing, seldom do any downloading from the net.

Please and appreciate your advice.

Thanks.

singtel then

singtel bb = constant limited fast speed. good for games.

starhub = erratic faster speed. sometimes slow like crap. good for downloading.

since you're not into heavy usage and if speed does not matter, just get the cheapest one should do

Go for Jetpack. Its about $20 a month. I consider myself a borderline heavy user (browsing, and e-mail download, no online gaming), but never hit the usage limit so far...

Newbie0001
    Guests

Originally posted by alangoh
    Go for Jetpack. Its about $20 a month. I consider myself a borderline heavy user (browsing, and e-mail download, no online gaming), but never hit the usage limit so far...
    eh. em. maybe that is for your case. I read somewhere in HWZ forum that there is a case where the suscriber needs to pay few k for monthly bills......

I guess usage depends on the person... But, if you can get featured in HWZ, it probably says a lot about your usage level...

Anyway, the above is my opinion, based on my perception of my own usage etc. No pun intended.

do not go for singnet, the billing system is the worst i ever encounter. they over charge me, i am very sure, so i request for a detail break down of the charge. the told me every click is consider a mintue use. so cancel it and pay up the bill. no wonder they are so rich. what a long story to tell if i have the time.

there is no such thing as 1000++ dollars for the jetpack plan... cos there is a px cap of around $88

Since your usage is not heavy, I concur with alangoh that Jetset should do. Otherwise, you can consider getting SCV cable modem.

If you worry about running into $1000+ dollars in phone bill, just be vigilant on where you visit and run antispyware, like spybot (it's free) regularly to get rid of any autodial spyware. Conversely, get SCV cable modem and you have no worries about autodial. My home now does not have any telephone line, just mobile phones and SCV cable modem.