Thread: Liveview in 450D

Default Liveview in 450D

I have a problem using liveview on my 450D. It doesn't autofocus and i have pretty much tried all the buttons on it. I only found out 2 ways in which i can focus with liveview. First is to look through the viewfinder and do a half shutter before switching to liveview OR turn to MF and focus manually with liveview on. Is that how liveview work?

Many thanks in advance.

Default Re: Liveview in 450D

It is mentioned somewhere in the manual. I can't remember the exact pages, but you can read this

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos450d/page10.asp

use the * button to focus.
    the design of 450d is not using the shuttle button to focus when in live mode.

Read your manual.

You have to look for the custom function that decides which AF mode to use in Live View. By default, there is no AF in Live View. You'll have to choose between Live Mode and Quick Mode, and AF is performed in Live View by pressing and holding the * button.

Quote Originally Posted by watsup View Post
    Is that how liveview work?

Many thanks in advance.
    Read your manual. LiveView on Canon/Nikon is not like on Olympus/Sony (where you can use live view with the normal "half shutter press").
    Alpha

Wow so many have responded, but yes, this is a very common question/problem. I myself couldn't figure it out until online people pointed the way. Liveview autofocus is **** slow.
    Research Institute for Unicultural Visual Arts - Riuva.com

Quote Originally Posted by tjhan View Post
    Wow so many have responded, but yes, this is a very common question/problem. I myself couldn't figure it out until online people pointed the way. Liveview autofocus is **** slow.
    Yes, exactly. That's why I tried using MF, but I'm terribly slow in that.

Quote Originally Posted by tjhan View Post
    On the C and N systems, yes it is.
    Alpha