Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 FORMULA 1 ING BELGIAN GRAND PRIX. (7 Sep.)

Default Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 ING BELGIAN GRAND PRIX. (7 Sep.)

Ok did some wiki search! MP4 stands for Marlboro Project 4! wahahaha!

Now its McLaren-Project 4.

From wiki:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLaren...990s_dominance

The nomenclature for McLaren's F1 cars since the merger has caused some confusion among fans of the sport, as all McLaren cars since 1981 have carried designations of the form "MP4/x", or since 2001 "MP4-x"[8], where x is the generation of the chassis (e.g. MP4/1, MP4-22). In fact, "MP4" stood initially for "Marlboro Project 4"[9], so that the full title of the cars (McLaren MP4/x) reflected not only the historical name of the team, but also the names of the team's major sponsor and its new component part. The team's cars still use the same nomenclature, but since the change of title sponsor for the 1997 season, MP4 is now, rather conveniently, said to stand for McLaren-Project 4.[10] At no time has the "MP4" prefix reflected the particular generation of the chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Ok did some wiki search! MP4 stands for Marlboro Project 4! wahahaha!

Now its McLaren-Project 4.

From wiki:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLaren...990s_dominance

The nomenclature for McLaren's F1 cars since the merger has caused some confusion among fans of the sport, as all McLaren cars since 1981 have carried designations of the form "MP4/x", or since 2001 "MP4-x"[8], where x is the generation of the chassis (e.g. MP4/1, MP4-22). In fact, "MP4" stood initially for "Marlboro Project 4"[9], so that the full title of the cars (McLaren MP4/x) reflected not only the historical name of the team, but also the names of the team's major sponsor and its new component part. The team's cars still use the same nomenclature, but since the change of title sponsor for the 1997 season, MP4 is now, rather conveniently, said to stand for McLaren-Project 4.[10] At no time has the "MP4" prefix reflected the particular generation of the chassis.
    oh...sounds like thorough and utter confusion!

Go FERRARI!!
    Last edited by kelccm; 7th September 2008 at 04:14 AM.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    hope massa can pull the same stunt and beat the pork slice to the corner

DELETE

"congrats the the pork slice... really good at driving in rain."

INSERT

my sympathies to all mclaren fans. i thought pork slice did concede the lead back to kimi. i guess maybe after that he cheong too fast
    Last edited by madmacs; 8th September 2008 at 12:50 AM.

Wah kimi really sian. Rain came to Hamilton's rescue but really what happened? Why is Hamilton demoted to 3rd place? I din watch after the final lap. Really sick and sian that the rain cause Kimi the race after such a performance.

Reports still not complete, so I dunno what happen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/7602830.stm

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton was stripped of a dramatic victory in the Belgian Grand Prix after stewards handed him a 25-second post-race penalty.

The Englishman was demoted to third place behind Ferrari's Felipe Massa and BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld.

The move came after an investigation into a late-race battle between Hamilton and Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen.

Hamilton's lead over Massa in the title chase has been cut by two points.

Massa's team-mate Raikkonen 19 points adrift off the lead

Before the penalty, he had extended his lead over the Brazilian to eight points, with Raikkonen effectively out of the running on 23.

More to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Wah kimi really sian. Rain came to Hamilton's rescue but really what happened? Why is Hamilton demoted to 3rd place? I din watch after the final lap. Really sick and sian that the rain cause Kimi the race after such a performance.

Reports still not complete, so I dunno what happen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/7602830.stm

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton was stripped of a dramatic victory in the Belgian Grand Prix after stewards handed him a 25-second post-race penalty.

The Englishman was demoted to third place behind Ferrari's Felipe Massa and BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld.

The move came after an investigation into a late-race battle between Hamilton and Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen.

Hamilton's lead over Massa in the title chase has been cut by two points.

Massa's team-mate Raikkonen 19 points adrift off the lead

Before the penalty, he had extended his lead over the Brazilian to eight points, with Raikkonen effectively out of the running on 23.

More to follow.

so surprised to hear about this.

Hamilton was penalised after stewards decided he had gained an advantage by cutting the final chicane in his late-race battle with Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen
    (quotes from official F1 website)
    http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/9/8334.html

so surprised to hear about this.
    I tot it was down to Kimi's suayness than his overtaking. But he is quick in overtaking and maybe thats why the stewards felt that he did not let Kimi regain his advantage although he let kimi back in front. Maybe he should not tuck into kimi's slipstream and use it to overtake cos he was further back behind kimi before his shunt into the short cut.

Din expect this harsh penalty although I felt that he did not let kimi have the advantage he had before Hamilton went into the short cut.

well..i din have any complaints when hammy took the lead. guess the stewards viewed it differently. not that i'm complaining now

Sian....

Ha ha, what an amazing race. Full of action and lots of twist. Even after the race had ended. The last 3 laps was totally crazy with Kimi and Hamilton going at each other. Too bad Kimi totally crashed out at the end. But the battle was something we had not seen in F1 for quite some time.

well..i din have any complaints when hammy took the lead. guess the stewards viewed it differently. not that i'm complaining now
    No complains from me either, but I'll accept the stewarts' decision with lots of appreciation

McLaren, save yr appeal. Already stated in FIA's rulebook :
    Fault Every Rival's Real Achievement Regardless of Injustice

Quote Originally Posted by Rollsch View Post
    McLaren, save yr appeal. Already stated in FIA's rulebook :
    Fault Every Rival's Real Achievement Regardless of Injustice
    Oh please... You think it's pro-ferrari when they even changed the way points are given to drivers to ease the domination of Schumacher+ferrari. :P
    Alpha

Well, the FIA decision is bewildering, even for a Ferrari fan. But I guess most Ferrari fans are not going to complain about that though But I expect to see more drama in the next few days. Maybe the FIA is building up the drama for the upcoming 1st night race in Singapore to make it even more exciting

actually i kinda agree with the decision, although Hamilton did relinquish the lead back to Kimi
    after he cut thorugh the chicane, but if u look at the way he give back the lead and overtook Kimi, he did benefited from the advantage he gain through the chicane (he got in front of Kimi when he cut through).

If he did not got in front of Kimi during that Chicane, than at that point he might not have overtook Kimi. Though i would have to agree he will have no problem over taking Kimi later on, Hamilton is just much better on the wet conditions than Kimi...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

i think Hammy relinquished the lead to Kimi was not done properly. he let Kimi pass and then slid behind the slipstream to catapult in front of Kimi. Hammy could have waited and pass Kimi later on. anyway, if Kimi won the race, it's not like Kimi is gonna lead the WC table rite? this is Hammy at his arrogance.

but seriously, i really feel for Kimi. he fought and drove wonderfully and then the rain came down and screwed everything up. Kimi's shunt is uncalled for but i think he a bit kan-chiong already.

now, looks like his fight for the WC title is useless liao. he might as well support Felipe for his fight for the WC title.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    i think Hammy relinquished the lead to Kimi was not done properly. he let Kimi pass and then slid behind the slipstream to catapult in front of Kimi. Hammy could have waited and pass Kimi later on. anyway, if Kimi won the race, it's not like Kimi is gonna lead the WC table rite? this is Hammy at his arrogance.

but seriously, i really feel for Kimi. he fought and drove wonderfully and then the rain came down and screwed everything up. Kimi's shunt is uncalled for but i think he a bit kan-chiong already.

now, looks like his fight for the WC title is useless liao. he might as well support Felipe for his fight for the WC title.
    Yep, time for Massa to shine. I feel he is too underrated.

Anyone can see LH can drive faster than kimi in the wet, so overtaking is a matter of time.
    FIA should penalise the sky or rain, or simply impose a time penalty on any driver who is skillful in the wet. Better still move all the races to arabian or african countries where rain is unlikely.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast