Thread: HDR/Bracketing with D40?

Default HDR/Bracketing with D40?

hi guys, anyone using the D40 can enlighten me on how to take pictures for use in HDR with the D40? i use my fren D80 i know use bracketing function and take 3 pic of different exposure compensation and merge on photoshop. But D40 dont have bracketing function if i am not wrong? Any other technique to take pictures for hdr?

Default Re: HDR/Bracketing with D40?

Quote Originally Posted by rotisiao View Post
    hi guys, anyone using the D40 can enlighten me on how to take pictures for use in HDR with the D40? i use my fren D80 i know use bracketing function and take 3 pic of different exposure compensation and merge on photoshop. But D40 dont have bracketing function if i am not wrong? Any other technique to take pictures for hdr?
    Hi rotisiao

You can perhaps try adjust the exposure yourself and manually bracket the shots.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Hi rotisiao

You can perhaps try adjust the exposure yourself and manually bracket the shots.

Ryan
    oh okay. would have loved an auto bracketing function.

Quote Originally Posted by rotisiao View Post
    oh okay. would have loved an auto bracketing function.
    When I had my D40x, the auto exposure bracketing was something that I found lacking, but still able to overcome with a tripod. Maybe its time to upgrade... seeing that the prices of the D80 would be coming down soon
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

use manual.

auto bracketing is likely to give you a bad set because in-cam metering is always, always wonky whenever hdr is required.