Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Science Proves Exotic Cars Turn Women On

Default Re: Science Proves Exotic Cars Turn Women On

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    oic... sorry it came across as blunt...

yes, i agree totally! the people who set up the research may already have profiled the type of women they wanted to achieve certain results.
    Research was probably paid for by Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc etc.

With that being said, it would be interesting to conduct an independent study on this subject. Any volunteers?
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post

With that being said, it would be interesting to conduct an independent study on this subject. Any volunteers?
    details 1st? i dun mind if i am free.

sample size fail. 40 people cannot be translated into a real world population (that is, a sample size of 40 can't be used to juxtaposed the results to what you expect from a real world population of people).

baseline testing rates fail. each person has differing levels of testosterone. an average reading is only applicable if you're average. but baseline testosterone levels MUST be established as well prior to making such tests.

science fail. testosterone isn't the only hormonal indicator of arousal. there are other hormones that could be used to measure. serotonin, adrenaline, endorphins... just to name 3 that I could think of. these are all mutually exclusive but the culmination of their combined effects may affect an individual. what about physiological reactions? heart rate, skin tension, skin tension/sweat levels, etc.

psychology fail. were factors such as an individual's state happiness or trait happiness measured? what about their levels of anxiety prior to the experiment itself?

in essence, it's a flawed experiment until I see the statistics behind it. until then, bollocks to the article.

further re-reading of the article has also shown that it was an article funded by an insurance company. questionable ethics must be raised (what if the company in question wants to portray itself to be exotic rather than common place?). so many variables to shoot down, so little time.

fial.
    Last edited by terryansimon; 7th September 2008 at 04:50 PM.
    chicken fight!

details 1st? i dun mind if i am free.
    Let me plan it out first. We can get night86mare to take pictures for us during this event.

Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    sample size fail. 40 people cannot be translated into a real world population (that is, a sample size of 40 can't be used to juxtaposed the results to what you expect from a real world population of people).

baseline testing rates fail. each person has differing levels of testosterone. an average reading is only applicable if you're average. but baseline testosterone levels MUST be established as well prior to making such tests.

science fail. testosterone isn't the only hormonal indicator of arousal. there are other hormones that could be used to measure. serotonin, adrenaline, endorphins... just to name 3 that I could think of. these are all mutually exclusive but the culmination of their combined effects may affect an individual.

psychology fail. were factors such as an individual's state happiness or trait happiness measured? what about their levels of anxiety prior to the experiment itself?

in essence, it's a flawed experiment until I see the statistics behind it. until then, bollocks to the article.

further re-reading of the article has also shown that it was an article funded by an insurance company. questionable ethics must be raised (what if the company in question wants to portray itself to be exotic rather than common place?). so many variables to shoot down, so little time.

fial.

BOO! Party pooper!
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

BOO! Party pooper!
    heh

that's my job. to critically review such articles and to make recommendations as to whether they have real world validity or not.

and also to write reports on such articles. blah.
    chicken fight!

sample size fail. 40 people cannot be translated into a real world population.

baseline testing rates fail.

science fail.

psychology fail.

fial.
    yah, bollocks to that article!

BOO! Party pooper!
    save our time, that must have been some preschool science project gone wrong!

heh

that's my job. to critically review such articles and to make recommendations as to whether they have real world validity or not.

and also to write reports on such articles. blah.
    where's your report har?

where's your report har?
    what report?

the report I said I write are lab reports/critical evaluations of articles (generally within the scientific community) and then I do an appraisal on them. heck even my lab reports that I write (after conducting experiments based on hypotheses that I've generated) require some form of article evaluation.

hope that cleared things up.
    chicken fight!

i tot u wrote a report on the report the TS mentioned...

Must have Pagani Zonda... if you haven't heard of the exhaust sound from Pagani Zonda S, you've heard nothing yet. And i dun mean from video clips on UTube... the recorded sound is not accurate... the real thing when you see it & hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b View Post
    Must have Pagani Zonda... if you haven't heard of the exhaust sound from Pagani Zonda S, you've heard nothing yet. And i dun mean from video clips on UTube... the recorded sound is not accurate... the real thing when you see it & hear it.
    that is applicable to not just the pagani, but other makes of cars as well.
    chicken fight!

i like exotic foods.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    i like exotic foods.
    like unleaded fuel?

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    i like exotic foods.
    what's your definition of exotic food?

my mates qualify chicken feet as exotic food, and I haven't yet been able to convince any of my white Aussie mates to try it. apart from the Jews who apparently have them in some sort of soup which they have as comfort food when sick.
    chicken fight!

what report?

the report I said I write are lab reports/critical evaluations of articles (generally within the scientific community) and then I do an appraisal on them. heck even my lab reports that I write (after conducting experiments based on hypotheses that I've generated) require some form of article evaluation.

hope that cleared things up.
    which area are you specifically in? do you do reviews for any journals, and if so, which ones? just curious, i'm doing biotech research : )

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b View Post
    Ford GT sounds good too, the Bugatti Veyron probably falls under the same calibre too. All exotic cars. Not only women gets turned on, i'm sure guys get turned on by exotic cars as well (Even more if the driver is a sexy lady? )
    Last edited by Override2Zion; 8th September 2008 at 11:23 AM.
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

Quote Originally Posted by Override2Zion View Post
    Not only women gets turned on, i'm sure guys get turned on by exotic cars as well (Even more if the driver is a sexy lady? )
    This would do the job for me:

This would do the job for me:

Woot!
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

which area are you specifically in? do you do reviews for any journals, and if so, which ones? just curious, i'm doing biotech research : )
    psychology for me. heh.

okay on second thoughts, no heh. not fun at all.
    chicken fight!

psychology for me. heh.
    Ooohhh, you do SOCIAL science research.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12