Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3678910131833 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! You'll Never Walk Alone!(28)

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! You'll Never Walk Alone!(28)

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    This weekend Liverpool will win 1-0 thanks to a Mascherano goal.
    i take that,i'll even take an own goal by ferdinand...but i feel riera will score on his home debut
    Last edited by roDz; 9th September 2008 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    i take that,i'll even take an own goal by ferdinand...but i feel riera will score on his home debut
    hat trick for kuyt!

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    hat trick for kuyt!
    then everyone here will kowtow to him...LOL...

hat trick for kuyt!
    wahahahahahahahha!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Robbie Keane In Liverpool:

6 Weeks, 0 Goals, 1 Burglary

Robbie Keane has become the latest Liverpool player to fall victim to burglars, sources said on Tuesday.

The Republic of Ireland striker's penthouse apartment was broken into while he was away on international duty for his country's 2-1 win over Georgia on Saturday.

The thieves sneaked into the flat he shares with model wife Claudine, 25, and are believed to have stolen an expensive watch and jewellery.

Keane, 28, had been using the city centre property in Liverpool while he searched for a home after his 20million move from Tottenham.

Over the past two years six Anfield stars, including Steven Gerrard and former Red Peter Crouch, have been burgled while playing.

RAFA WAITS ON GERRARD AND TORRES

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez will give Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres until the last minute to prove their fitness for this weekend's clash with Manchester United.

The star pair are battling to be fit for the first big title showdown of the season after picking up knocks last month.

Torres is hoping to shake off the hamstring strain he picked up in the goalless draw at Aston Villa, while Gerrard is recovering from groin surgery.

Gerrard appeared to rule himself out of the Anfield showdown at United by claiming earlier this week he was unlikely to be fit.

However, Benitez has refused to count the England midfielder out of his plans just yet.

"It is always more difficult to prepare for the match with injuries because you know that if they are fit we will use them, but in this case you never know," he told the club's official website

"It is better to avoid saying whether they can be available - it is difficult to say if they can play or not because they may have not played for 10 or 15 days. But they are both working hard with the physios and are improving, so there's still some time to decide."

On Gerrard, Benitez added: "You never know, he is still progressing. The key is the fitness of the player - it makes a massive difference if he has confidence. That is the main thing for him."

If the duo fail to recover in time, Benitez is confident the rest of his squad can rise to the challenge of facing the champions.

"Clearly we have enough quality in the squad, so it is always important to look to the other players and sometimes they can give more to you than the big names.

"They can have the same quality and passion and they also have a lot to prove to the supporters."

Alvaro Arbeloa echoed his manager's views, telling the club's website: "Fernando and Stevie are really important for us and they are probably our best players. But we have a really good squad and know we have other really good players too. We can still beat Manchester United without Fernando and Stevie.

"It will be a hard game for us, but it will also be tough for them. Their defenders have to play against players like Yossi Benayoun, Dirk Kuyt and Robbie Keane."

Bilic Blames Rafa And Sir For Missing Players

Croatia coach Slaven Bilic believes England need to address the issue of Premier League clubs being more important than the national team.

Bilic is preparing his side for Wednesday's 2010 World Cup qualifier against Fabio Capello's men, having twice beaten England in the Euro 2008 qualifiers.

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard and Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves are both out of Capello's plans for the match in Zagreb.

Gerrard has undergone a minor groin operation, while Hargreaves has not played for United this season due to a nagging knee injury.

But Bilic has questioned the timing of Gerrard's surgery and whether Hargreaves should have reported for England duty to be checked over by the national team doctors.

"When your league and clubs are much bigger than the national team you have a problem," Bilic told The Sun.

"You can't help the national team. Put it this way - did Gerrard have to go have the operation now? Is Hargreaves really so injured that he can't even come to try?

"Of course if my players are injured they're not playing.

"Firstly because of them and secondly because we have to have a fit guy playing. I never had a problem with a club that told me, 'he ain't gonna come'.

"But using the international break to rest players or for them to have an operation, well you need to address that."

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Robbie Keane In Liverpool:

6 Weeks, 0 Goals, 1 Burglary

Robbie Keane has become the latest Liverpool player to fall victim to burglars, sources said on Tuesday.

The Republic of Ireland striker's penthouse apartment was broken into while he was away on international duty for his country's 2-1 win over Georgia on Saturday.

The thieves sneaked into the flat he shares with model wife Claudine, 25, and are believed to have stolen an expensive watch and jewellery.

Keane, 28, had been using the city centre property in Liverpool while he searched for a home after his 20million move from Tottenham.

Over the past two years six Anfield stars, including Steven Gerrard and former Red Peter Crouch, have been burgled while playing.

no wonder so difficult to sign players now.. all scared kena burglared!

no wonder so difficult to sign players now.. all scared kena burglared!
    ya... i guess times are very bad!!!

Sami Hyppia, 34, has said he would have considered leaving Liverpool if he knew he was not to be included in the Reds' 25-man Champions League squad. (Various)

Croatia manger Slaven Bilic has criticised Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez and Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson for not allowing Steven Gerrard and Owen Hargreaves to join up with the England squad. (The Sun)

Gerrard, 28, has told Benitez that he will not be ready to face Man Utd at Anfield on Saturday after participating in only one training session since a minor groin operation. (Daily Star)

Benitez brands UEFA's home-grown rule a 'mistake'

By Soccernet staff

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has laid the blame firmly at UEFA's door for forcing him to leave Sami Hyypia out of his Champions League squad.

New rules brought into force this season state that each club must name at least eight home-grown players in their 25-man squad for the competition and the Finland international was left out to accommodate one such place.

At least four players much be produced from a club's own Academy with the other places made up of players who have come through the youth system of other English clubs.

Liverpool only have Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher as first team members from their own Academy which meant they were forced to add Jay Spearing and Stephen Darby to their 'A' squad. Robbie Keane and Jermaine Pennant filled the second criteria but again they were forced to delve deeper within the club to make up the eight, Steven Irwin and Martin Kelly the players being named.

Now Benitez has hit back at UEFA for forcing him to name a weaker squad than is actually available to him. However, the rule was intended to encourage clubs to look to the home transfer market rather than flood a club with foreign imports and if this is the effect it may just have the desired results.

Benitez told the club's official website: "Clearly I think it is a mistake. When you play in the Champions League, you need the best players you have on the pitch. It is not about where you are from, it is about the best players.

"I would understand if this rule came in for the Premier League, but not for the Champions League.

"It was really difficult decision, but we had to do it. With the rule saying that you need more or less eight British - or local - players in the squads, we needed to decide which three centre-backs to have for the Champions League. We now have four centre-backs who are good enough so they have to compete.

"And obviously it depends on the number of games we play and how we progress in the cup competitions too, so there could be a lot of games for many of our players."

Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel joined Carragher as Benitez's three central defenders in the squad in preference to the 34-year-old Finn.

raf999's the mistake, not UEFA.

cheesecake, where is the prediction?

Liverpool full-back Alvaro Arbeloa has declared Liverpool can beat Manchester United with or without inspirational duo Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres

I think he is right. Got Kuyt can liao. Hat trick!

Deregistered

cheesecake, where is the prediction?

Liverpool full-back Alvaro Arbeloa has declared Liverpool can beat Manchester United with or without inspirational duo Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres

I think he is right. Got Kuyt can liao. Hat trick!
    haha. the next inspiration of walcott.

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

League Table

1). grumpy 10pts
    2). blazer workz 5pts
    3). boresome 4pts
    4). Taurean 4pts
    5). airfins 2pts
    6). cheesecake 2pts
    7). jfoo 1pt
    8). roDz 1pt
    9). kelccm 1pt
    10). zhapchit 1pt
    11). domdomino 1pt
    12). dfstan 1pt
    13). canew 1pt

13 sept 2008

LIVERPOOL vs. mancircle utd (early kickoff)

Anfield

1). 2-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!!! (dirty kite, keane) cheesecake is mad.

CARRA: HICKS & GILLETT `RUTHLESS`

Jamie Carragher has described Liverpool's American owners as 'ruthless', and criticised Rafa Benitez in his new autobiography.

In the book, Carragher bemoans the sale of the club to Tom Hicks and George Gillett as part of the demise of 'the Liverpool Way'.

'For richer or poorer, we'd sold Liverpool to two ruthless businessmen who saw us as a money-making opportunity' writes Carragher.

'They didn't buy Liverpool as an act of charity; they weren't intent on throwing away all the millions they'd earned over 50 years... They wanted to buy us because the planned stadium offered a chance to generate tons of cash and increase the value of the club.

He also had words of condemnation over the stalled plans for a new stadium on Stanley Park

'Breaking this vow set the first alarm bells ringing, the embarrassing continual changing of the stadium plans was irritating too.'

Carragher goes on to write that Rafa Benitez 'undermined' Hicks and Gillet:

'I understood why the owners were unhappy with him too. They'd been undermined by Rafa and now they were undermining him. It was a political rather than football battle, and although the fans wanted to see it in black and white terms, with the owners the bad guys and Rafa their hero, I saw far more shades of gray.'

RIERA READY FOR UNITED SHOWDOWN

Albert Riera is confident he can mark his Liverpool debut with three points against rivals Manchester United.

Rafael Benitez's men welcome the Red Devils to Anfield on Saturday and Riera is expected to make his first appearance for them.

The Spaniard joined Liverpool in a transfer-deadline day move from Espanyol and is hoping for a second sensational debut success in England.

The winger spent a brief period on loan at Manchester City in 2006 and made his first outing in a 3-1 victory over United.

And Riera is eyeing a repeat performance this weekend, telling the Daily Star: "I remember my first match in Manchester was a derby and we won 3-1.

"It would be perfect if the same thing happened on my Liverpool debut. And why not?

"It would be the perfect start to my career. We can beat them."

Riera is also well aware of the significance of the fixture and knows that Liverpool need a victory if they are to make a realistic challenge for this season's Premier League title.

"It is only one match, only three points," added the Spain international. "But it is very important that we win, especially because it is at home."

Deregistered

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

League Table

1). grumpy 10pts
    2). blazer workz 5pts
    3). boresome 4pts
    4). Taurean 4pts
    5). airfins 2pts
    6). cheesecake 2pts
    7). jfoo 1pt
    8). roDz 1pt
    9). kelccm 1pt
    10). zhapchit 1pt
    11). domdomino 1pt
    12). dfstan 1pt
    13). canew 1pt

13 sept 2008

Anfield

2). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WIN ! (dirty kite, Riera ) domdomino

League Table

1). grumpy 10pts
    2). blazer workz 5pts
    3). boresome 4pts
    4). Taurean 4pts
    5). airfins 2pts
    6). cheesecake 2pts
    7). jfoo 1pt
    8). roDz 1pt
    9). kelccm 1pt
    10). zhapchit 1pt
    11). domdomino 1pt
    12). dfstan 1pt
    13). canew 1pt

13 sept 2008

Anfield

3). 3-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!!! (Alonso, Babel) zhapchit

carragher for LFC as gaffer!

3). 3-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!!! (Alonso, Babel) zhapchit

warao, u guys very brave
    Kite scoring, keane scoring....
    2-0 and 3-0 somemore....

what have u people been smoking?

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3678910131833 ... LastLast