View Poll Results: How old is your main camera?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 6 months

    18 18.37%
  • 6-12 months

    9 9.18%
  • 1 to 1.5 years

    9 9.18%
  • 1.5 years to 2 years

    12 12.24%
  • 2 years to 2.5 years

    18 18.37%
  • 2.5 to 3 years

    8 8.16%
  • > greater than 3 years

    24 24.49%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: How old is your main camera?

  1. #1

    Default How old is your main camera?

    With the rate of u guys changing camera, it would be interesting to see who is using a old camera...

    i will start first. still using my first digital camera canon A80... should be greater than 3 years.
    Last edited by auron; 5th September 2008 at 10:50 AM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bukit Timah
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    Those using digital SLR, with technologies moving so fast, people are reading tech spec and reviews (to consider upgrading) more often than websites on photography skills.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    I'm still using my 1st DSLR bought in Dec 03 & my 1st digital P&S bought in Jul 02. Don't think I will be getting a new camera till one of them finally decides to "retire". Photography is only a hobby, so can't find any good reason to change them.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    i just digitised from film under a year ago. my new DSLR will be with me till spoil.

  5. #5
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Departed....
    Posts
    129

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    I still have my coolpix 4500 bought in 2002 n i still use it sometimes.

  6. #6
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    i still have and still use my f801s from the early 90s

  7. #7

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    Main camera? Isn't it be "How old is your first camera?"

    Anyway, my first film camera was a 1960s Rolleiflex 2.8GX. I am still holding onto it.

    My first DSLR was a Nikon D100. This one I already sold.
    Last edited by photobum; 5th September 2008 at 07:32 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    My main camera since early 2004 and still is today my trusty and still workhorse..D70.

    But the one that got me started. My first Nikon. My First SLR actually. And still with me all these years since 1982 along with the underdog AI 50mm E lens. It looks its age now with it's battle scars.

    But this evening, it is quite a thrill for me to just use my first DSLR to shoot a photo of my first SLR. Never did that with my other cameras....but this one has more meaning for me I guess. And the mechanical M90 shutter still works in time too.


  9. #9
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    Got my Canon 400D Apr 2007..... It have replace my Canon PowerShot ever since

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  10. #10

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Main camera? Isn't it be "How old is your first camera?"

    Anyway, my first film camera was a 1960s Rolleiflex 2.8GX. I am still holding onto it.

    My first DSLR was a Nikon D100. This one I already sold.
    main cam is not first cam... main cam is the camera that u use most... some got a few DSLR, but there is 1 main and some are just backup.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Main camera? Isn't it be "How old is your first camera?"

    Anyway, my first film camera was a 1960s Rolleiflex 2.8GX. I am still holding onto it.

    My first DSLR was a Nikon D100. This one I already sold.
    how come my 1st cam so short life compared to those made decades ago? my Canon EOS300 use 1 year spoil liao.

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    My main camera since early 2004 and still is today my trusty and still workhorse..D70.

    But the one that got me started. My first Nikon. My First SLR actually. And still with me all these years since 1982 along with the underdog AI 50mm E lens. It looks its age now with it's battle scars.

    But this evening, it is quite a thrill for me to just use my first DSLR to shoot a photo of my first SLR. Never did that with my other cameras....but this one has more meaning for me I guess. And the mechanical M90 shutter still works in time too.

    my uncle passed me his cam looks like urs but dun have the bottom attachment. its not working, but i dunno wad to do with it... oso Nikon FG.

  12. #12

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by auron View Post
    main cam is not first cam... main cam is the camera that u use most... some got a few DSLR, but there is 1 main and some are just backup.
    Currently, I have two Fuji S5 Pro DSLRs. I named them 'Lily' and 'Florence', after my paternal aunties. I use 'Lily' more often.
    Last edited by photobum; 6th September 2008 at 08:30 AM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    how come my 1st cam so short life compared to those made decades ago? my Canon EOS300 use 1 year spoil liao.
    Simple explanations:

    • Mechanical faults are easier to troubleshoot and repair, whereas electronic faults are more complicated.
    • Our humid climate is bad for electronic components. Try bringing your 300D to places like Japan or Norway, and stay there. I bet it will lasts longer.
    • Some people 'kiasu'' and set their dry cabinets too low. This can give problems also.
    • Finally, manufacturers want to 'tan lui'. If they make their products too lasting, then they won't last long in business.
    Last edited by photobum; 6th September 2008 at 08:41 AM.

  14. #14

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    Hmm...my first and only dslr, canon 350D from end 2005 till now.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    Well, I recently upgraded to a D200, but promised myself before buying it that I'll keep it for (at least) 5 years

    Its a competent body that will perform if i'm competent

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    and to think i just "upgrade" to DSLR under a year ago...

    i hope it'll last at least 5 years before age catches up...

  17. #17
    Senior Member dennisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
    Posts
    2,008

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    My first digicam.. 8yrs old Olympus C200, 3040 and Canon G1. Haven't got any new p&s since...

  18. #18

    Smile Re: How old is your main camera?

    Nikon FE, FM, D100.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    I am still using my first digicam:



    It was developed by Kodak. It was the size of a toaster. It took 23 seconds to perform an exposure and read it to digital cassette tape at a resolution of .01 megapixels. It also took 23 seconds to read the image to a computer.
    Last edited by Sion; 7th September 2008 at 04:00 PM.

  20. #20
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: How old is your main camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I am still using my first digicam:



    It was developed by Kodak. It was the size of a toaster. It took 23 seconds to perform an exposure and read it to digital cassette tape at a resolution of .01 megapixels. It also took 23 seconds to read the image to a computer.
    Your kidding!!!!??? a tape deck cassette for recording data!!!! hahahahahahahah.... that is serious cool! hee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •