Thread: D40 Newbie

Smile D40 Newbie

Hi,
    I have been having my Nikon D40x however I wanted to make my pictures beautiful when I took nature sceneries & closed up pictures. How can i get a good lens for it? Coz my interests is real deep with my D40x..Please do help me thanks...

Emillia aka Tanti
    TaNti {ThUg LiFe}

Default Re: D40 Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Tanti View Post
    Hi,
    I have been having my Nikon D40x however I wanted to make my pictures beautiful when I took nature sceneries & closed up pictures. How can i get a good lens for it? Coz my interests is real deep with my D40x..Please do help me thanks...

Emillia aka Tanti
    play with what you have...

i am very sure you can get good pictures with that lens you have in hand....

dont jump the gun...its the person behind the lens...trust me

Quote Originally Posted by Tanti View Post
    Hi,

Emillia aka Tanti
    No lens in the world is going to magically make your pictures beautiful. It requires skill and practice.

For close-up pictures though, you may want to consider a Tamron 90mm Macro lens and a macro ring flash.
    Alpha

Hi.

I use a d40x as well. Maybe u can reveal more specifically what you normally shoot?

For scenary i use a Sigma 10-20mm hsm

Quote Originally Posted by sigg View Post
    ...its the person behind the lens...trust me
    i so totally agree with this sentence.

your kit lens that comes with the d40x is more then enough to get you more then good shots. there are no "special effects" lens as a lot people think there are.

play with the settings. there are different settings for difference places, different lightings. a click difference makes a HUGE difference in terms of photos that you take. =)
    Fast Camera. Fast Lens. Slow Me. Sigh.
    My Flickr

Post some photos here, so that we can identify the problem for you.

Keep in mind that lighting and techniques are very important for nature sceneries and close-up. And usually pics don't look excellent straight out of the cam.
    The best things in life are free.

Default D40x encounter problem

Hi..everyone.
    I am a D40x user. Recently my camera unable to shoot picture with built in flash. Only can shoot without built in flash, Is there anyone encounter same problem like me? Pls give some advice .

Default Re: D40x encounter problem

Quote Originally Posted by niklenon View Post
    Hi..everyone.
    I am a D40x user. Recently my camera unable to shoot picture with built in flash. Only can shoot without built in flash, Is there anyone encounter same problem like me? Pls give some advice .
    Whad'ya mean?

The built-in flash can't fire?

or the exposure is messed up?

Default Re: D40x encounter problem

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    Whad'ya mean?

The built-in flash can't fire?

or the exposure is messed up?
    Not sure..!
    when i use AUTO mode to shoot, not only built-in flash can't fire , my camera cant even perform shooting also. Only can shoot without flash mode.