Thread: Siao Liao... Gone case?

Default Siao Liao... Gone case?

Hi all, got a big prob here. My dry cab AD-60 is permanently at 80% even after turning the knob far to the red zone Anything i can do or check?
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

Default Re: Siao Liao... Gone case?

how long have you left it on? usually it takes a while to change after adjusting the knob..

I have the drybox you mentioned. It works by condensing water vapor inside the box on the cold surface, and then having the condensations flow out of the box and evaporate. The cooling is achieved using thermoelectric cooler.
    You could try checking whether the thermoelectric cooling (ie: the dehumidifier) is functional. Go touch/feel the unit at the back - the cold side of the peltier should be inside the box (this is where water condenses) and the hot side should be outside the box (where it will evaporate). Careful not to touch bare wire You can tell if it's spoilt if there's no difference in temperature between the two sides (hence your drybox remains at 80%)
    If it's under warranty, send it back.
    Otherwise if you know what you're doing, you can open up the dehumidifier and replace the peltier device inside. There's a shop in sls which sells peltier kits for about $20 (i think it's 5W).
    Last edited by astrise; 4th September 2008 at 11:51 PM. Reason: grammar, additions

Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    Hi all, got a big prob here. My dry cab AD-60 is permanently at 80% even after turning the knob far to the red zone Anything i can do or check?
    Are the LED on? Is the power plugged? Socket switched on?

To answer all:

Yes power is on, LED is on, left it for days and its still lik dat. Have not tried touching the dehumidifier thou. Will check it out tonite... either way, Iim guessing its not working anymore.. Is it easy to change the peltier?

maybe you can call up dealer and ask if you can get parts and diy replace it yourself. i had been told it is not required to bring the whole unit down for service since the electronic unit can be dismounted and remount with new unit.

Is the reading unit ok?? Do u have another reading unit to verify.

I got another digital meter... same reading :P

send the drying unit for repair. i had a malfunctioning one recently..

Call Digicabi (www.Digihub.com.sg), the unit come with 5 yrs warranty. Turn the control knob fully clockwise for low RH and fully anticlockwise for high RH or off.
    D300 & P5100 :bsmilie:

There's nothing that money can't fix. It's a simple replacement of the drying unit.

Hi there, i had once been in the same situation as you... if your cabi is still under warranty, then unscrew the 6 screws in the cabi itself and detach the drying unit from the cabi... very easy one.... after that, bring the dryer to them at tagore ave (somewhere further up upper thomson) and they can change that unit for you.

bring it back and TA DA!~

Cheers!
    Canon: 5DMKIII & 40D|17-40L|70-200f4ISL|100Macro|Sigma30|580EXII| Olympus: EP3|25mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperholic View Post
    Hi there, i had once been in the same situation as you... if your cabi is still under warranty, then unscrew the 6 screws in the cabi itself and detach the drying unit from the cabi... very easy one.... after that, bring the dryer to them at tagore ave (somewhere further up upper thomson) and they can change that unit for you.

bring it back and TA DA!~

Cheers!
    So can exchange the drying unit only not the whole cabinet. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks thanks! Have called them up and will be sending it down soon... Now must find time to do it!

Finally sent for replacement.... guys there replaced the whole unit with a new improved version that does not 'open and close'. Will see how it works...