Thread: NDP Preview II - First try on Firework

Default NDP Preview II - First try on Firework

Hi guys and gals,

first timer in firework shootings ... also first time trying to use my Nikon CP5400 to shoot fireworks.

Do feel free to give comments! The more the merrier

Really want to improve as fast as I can to take again on the actual day!

Thank you

http://www.pbase.com/csmwong/ndp_preview_26072003

better than mine

care to share where did you shoot from? thanx.
    tips to share?

Originally posted by iceman
    better than mine

care to share where did you shoot from? thanx.
    tips to share?
    Thanks I spent over 100 dollars on a remote control to take steady shots ...

I was at one of the jetty at Kallang river ... guess a few other Clubsnap member were also there ... but of course don't know any of them. 'Cos the position of the stadium is very much like mine ... *grin*

I was using manual mode. Fixed the ISO at 50 .. learned from one of my colleague that we should try to reduce ISO as low as possible to reduce noise. However, I still find that the focus on the stadium part is pretty blur sometimes ... any comment here?

Chloe

Are a lady on the jetty on 27/7/2003 with Nikon 5xxx series + remote?

I like ur "Galaxy.jpg" image very nice and timing just right.

Originally posted by cwongsm
    Thanks I spent over 100 dollars on a remote control to take steady shots ...

I was at one of the jetty at Kallang river ... guess a few other Clubsnap member were also there ... but of course don't know any of them. 'Cos the position of the stadium is very much like mine ... *grin*

I was using manual mode. Fixed the ISO at 50 .. learned from one of my colleague that we should try to reduce ISO as low as possible to reduce noise. However, I still find that the focus on the stadium part is pretty blur sometimes ... any comment here?

Chloe
    100+ for a remote !!??
    what aperture were you using. are you shooting in bulb mode and how do you decide the timing? seems like i have problems in defining the decisive moment.

shooting on the actual day?

Originally posted by Matrix
    Are a lady on the jetty on 27/7/2003 with Nikon 5xxx series + remote?

I like ur "Galaxy.jpg" image very nice and timing just right.
    Yes ... I guess you are right ... were you there too? Which position ??

Thanks I like that picture too!

Originally posted by iceman
    100+ for a remote !!??
    what aperture were you using. are you shooting in bulb mode and how do you decide the timing? seems like i have problems in defining the decisive moment.

shooting on the actual day?
    Yeah .. there's only 1 remote control model for Nikon .. it's expensive but I guess it's worth the money

I did not use bulb mode ... still don't know how to ... so was setting the shutter to 4s and around F7 for most of the pics.

The way I decide the timing is the "BOMB" ... I release the button once I hear that sound. It's when the firework looks like a flower ... I try ... ... not easy.

I wish to shoot on the actual day. Any good location ?

Yes ... I guess you are right ... were you there too? Which position ??

Thanks I like that picture too!

heehee

I am the guy with Black manfrotto tripot and Canon 10D beside you and ur 2 others friends if I am correct.

Next best spot I think will be Tanjang Rhu, my friend said very near.......but most likely I will stick to Merdeka bridge. atleast now I know what position to compose my picture.

Default nice shots!

nice shots!
    your timing is really good!

However, I still find that the focus on the stadium part is pretty blur sometimes ... any comment here?

Chloe
    I found the shots to be not as sharp too, about the shot "Show Starter.jpg" did you shot it from a tripod or hand-held?

It seems the speed 1/37 is too slow to capture a fast moving aircraft flying towards the stadium.

Originally posted by Winston
    I found the shots to be not as sharp too, about the shot "Show Starter.jpg" did you shot it from a tripod or hand-held?

It seems the speed 1/37 is too slow to capture a fast moving aircraft flying towards the stadium.
    Yeah .. it was a bit sudden when the flights appeared. So was not prepared for them ... Sigh....