Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Free Photography Gallery

Default Re: A Free Photography Gallery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great idea !

we could organize some workshops there too~ i hope...

Wow...great idea but will have lots of administrative issues...

Great idea for those to share their photography knowledge and also to show cast some of their works. If i can be of any help let me know.

Blog Entries

Yea i can help out too if u need

Upppzz for that great idea... You have my support..!!

Its a noble idea. I know that in Macau, there is a place called 牛房 (http://oxwarehouse.blogspot.com/) although its not a place purely for photography, but potential photographers have exhibited their works there. When I know about this place in Macau, I was thinking that why SG doesn't have such place for potential photographers to showcase their work.

I like your idea. May be you can see who's work you like and can invite him/her to exhibit in the gallery.

Guys, Glad to hear that there is interest!!!

I think that the truth is that I will need help and would need to organize that part first. maybe a group of 4-5 persons will do just so that we can administer the thing but everyone else who has shown interest here will be kept in the loop. We'll need to work out procedures etc but we will keep this as casual and simple as possible.

Let me try to type out a simple guide and hear from you guys!!

I support this idea and I believe I pass by your shop like every week. I will love to help execute this idea. =)

If you need to do some renovations to the place, I can help. My dad is an interior designer and he can charge cheap.

Hi TS, I would really like to volunteer, but I cant as I have a toddler to help take care of during my off office hour.....

I can help out too (:

Quote Originally Posted by shout199 View Post
    Guys, Glad to hear that there is interest!!!

I think that the truth is that I will need help and would need to organize that part first. maybe a group of 4-5 persons will do just so that we can administer the thing but everyone else who has shown interest here will be kept in the loop. We'll need to work out procedures etc but we will keep this as casual and simple as possible.

Let me try to type out a simple guide and hear from you guys!!
    Great. I would also like to offer help, though I am just amateur fotographer only!
    Would be great to have such a location where we can learn from one another and share experiences.

great idea!! Would like to offer my help as well...

Just let me know if I can be of any help.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Guys thanks for all the help volunteered. Will call up a couple of you guys to be in the "planning" group but the everyone else will be involved in some way, shape or other. Might start another thread or "website" to gather and call for potential works.

Stay tuned. More details are on the way. I just need to get the gallery setup first ie, track lights etc etc.... anyone has any lobang for these? Gallery lights and tracks?

Target is still mid Oct 08....

Guys thanks for all the help volunteered. Will call up a couple of you guys to be in the "planning" group but the everyone else will be involved in some way, shape or other. Might start another thread or "website" to gather and call for potential works.

Stay tuned. More details are on the way. I just need to get the gallery setup first ie, track lights etc etc.... anyone has any lobang for these? Gallery lights and tracks?

Target is still mid Oct 08....
    ooh... great, great... it's kick starting already!!

If I may make a suggestion...if there is some additional space available, maybe can consider a small "studio" section - where can set up some lighting and reflectors, etc - for photographers to practice some indoor potraits/poses/model/object photography.

Good idea Photoedit, will seriously consider allowing the place for ad-hoc studio use. haha... wow, there seems an infinite possibility.

Hi,

This is a great idea. I think we need a place for photographers to gather and display their works.

N.S. Ng

http://nns555.zenfolio.com

Good idea Photoedit, will seriously consider allowing the place for ad-hoc studio use. haha... wow, there seems an infinite possibility.
    I agree with the idea of a having an open gallery, but not so much with the adhoc studio. My take on the studio idea are:

1/ the placement of a studio might veer away from the original idea of having an "open gallery". Studio equipment can become quite expensive, hence running the adhoc studio for free will not be feasible. Rental fees will then be introduced, and in the long run, once it becomes profitable, it runs the risk of losing the focus/direction on the gallery, and otherwise be channeled into the studio.

2/ there already are a couple of studios around. let's not compete with them anymore, because having a studio also more administrative overheads and costs than having a gallery.

My suggestion is to stick with the original concept of an open gallery to benefit the amateur photographers.

I agree with phyrewall.
    I think it's better to stick to the original plan.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast