Thread: Flash sync

Default Flash sync

Hi

I just a flash for my camera, just ask what is the setting normal set for the camera?? Aperture priority, Shutter priority ar Manual mode.

Because some shoot taken was underexpose using TTL fill in mode in the flash. Pls help.

Sky

hi..if im not wrong Aperture priority, Shutter priority and fully auto mode will set the flash to TTL mode in most camera,that means the flash output will be adjust accordingly....correct me if iam wrong...

(well...the best is to check your manual)

Most of the flash should be intelligent enough to supply sufficient amt of light in normal condition..

The amt of light the flash burst out depends on your metering.
    if u happened to meter on a bright subject, the amt of fill in flash would be less compared to metering on a dark subject

Default Re: Flash sync

Originally posted by skyboy
    Hi

I just a flash for my camera, just ask what is the setting normal set for the camera?? Aperture priority, Shutter priority ar Manual mode.

Because some shoot taken was underexpose using TTL fill in mode in the flash. Pls help.

Sky
    1. Let us know the type/model of camera you're using - SLR, DLSR, normal digital camera.

2. The flash unit you purchased, is it a third party or a same brand dedicated flash for your camera.

Not all flash units with TTL works with all cameras. Depending on the camera's flash sync, shutter priority or manual is normally used.

Give a little more details, or perhaps post your under exposed pics so that someone here can assist.