• Singtel Mobile BB

28 59.57%
  • M1 Mobile BB

5 10.64%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobile Broadband

Default Re: Mobile Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by AhV View Post
    FORGET about M1 MOBILE BB.. I terminated mine... a total BAD EXPERIENCE... they are NOT READY for such services
    Actually, I lately have had not much problems using M1 mobile BB in Clementi.

I used it a few days ago as my Starhub broadband at home was running slow (perhaps someone in my flat was downloading some big files??)

I also have ok experience in the city (peninsula area)........

HS

Quote Originally Posted by Override2Zion View Post
    I'm using the Samsung Z800 modem, no problems. Have a friend who chose the Huawei modem, had some issues and requested to switch to the Samsung one. Do note that the samsung modem does not work for MACs. Hope this helps
    Sorry but the Samsung Z800 works on Macs. But they have to be running 10.5 (Leopard) at least.

Quote Originally Posted by andretan View Post
    Sorry but the Samsung Z800 works on Macs. But they have to be running 10.5 (Leopard) at least.
    Opps lol, was told by the counter assistant so didn't bother to dig further. Thanks for the heads up
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Just found out Starhub has Broadband at home plus free Mobile Broadband in one.......may transfer my account to that one if possible

HS
    Yup.. you can do that if you don't have an existing contract for your Maxonline.

dont waste your time with m1 mobile broadband...

speed is so slow tested it out many times with www.speedtest.net and all i get is 580kbps instead of the propsed 1800 which they "upgraded" t 2000. its nly 1/4 speed. even so, its darn slow in loading pages and worst.. frequent disconnections. their home broadband however is using starhub's cable so its better BUT NOT FOR MOBILE broadband.

go singtel or starhub instead

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Yup.. you can do that if you don't have an existing contract for your Maxonline.
    yes, I tried doing that but Starhub is currently out of stock for the Huawei modem...have to wait a couple of weeks...

I took up M1 BB recently. Took the 2Mbps plan as the price just nice.

I take up this plan is for my secondary usage as I got SNBB at hm already. I use this for my laptop.

I got problem having the device to work when I plug in a usb hub. I then figure out, maybe due to lack of power supply to the hub. With power supply added, the modem still dont function when plug in the usb port of the laptop (together with the hub). I think again, why not try to insert the modem into the hub too (together with mouse n keyboard).

Wow! It's work! So happy. For me, normal surfing is ok, compare to dialing up using my N95, seem like a bit faster. On top of that, no worry of exceeding the data. Now I using the M1BB mostly for playing online game on my laptop. Work fine, no complain from me so far....
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

nice4ever
    Guests

I am looking for a Vodafone K3715 USB modem from M1.
    Anyone here not using & plan to sell the USB stick to me?

Let me know
    Last edited by nice4ever; 5th September 2009 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by denyce View Post
    Are we talking about that Huawei dongle thingie from M1?

In the end, I got rid of the service. Didn't make the minimum 6 months requirement but M1 did not make me pay a penalty for it.
    How did you get them to waiver the penalty?
    How did you cancel it and which branch did you go to?
    I am on a 2-year contract and I have about 1 more year to go and I don't need it anymore but if I were to cancel and have to pay the $300+ penalty, it is not worth it to cancel.

Quote Originally Posted by AhV View Post
    FORGET about M1 MOBILE BB.. I terminated mine... a total BAD EXPERIENCE... they are NOT READY for such services
    Did you have to pay penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by nice4ever View Post
    I am looking for a Vodafone K3715 USB modem from M1.
    Anyone here not using & plan to sell the USB stick to me?

Let me know
    I'm not using but I want to sell the entire plan! It is at half price cos signed up during promotion.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

i use M1, the normal type, seldom use, but sometimes kenna cut off, need connect again.

so far so good, very cheap i dun complain.

singtel bb ftw!

so far only underground in mrt cannot find 3g.. only gsm

Arrow Re: Mobile Broadband

3G repeaters at Raffles Place MRT, Changi side of the underground tunnel and North South line.

Quote Originally Posted by hoho85 View Post
    singtel bb ftw!

so far only underground in mrt cannot find 3g.. only gsm

i am on singtel and starhub mobile. get cut off occasionally for singtel while starhub is pretty stable.

Now I have a problem.
    I wanna terminate my M1 broadband but they will make me pay a penalty of $300+ as stated in the contract.
    I am not using it anymore. If I don't terminate, I will still have to pay $25+ x 12 which is around the same cost as termination fee too.
    So... I am stuck in the middle. Terminate or don't terminate, I still have to pay $300+.
    But yet, I'm not using it anymore... so feeling buay kam wan to pay.
    Do you know, what will they do if you just don't pay your bills?
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

If u already got a maxonline plan without contract, call starhub to recontract with a "plus" plan. Eg. Maxonline Express "Plus". You'll get a mobile BB dongle and simcard for free without any additional charges in your monthly bills. Totally free except that it ties you to a 1 year contract. Quite worth it esp if you are using MOL all the way. Even though its a 1 or 2 mbps plan, I connect at 7.2mbps.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-70mm f2.8L | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm II f1.2L | 580EX II

The mobile bb for Starhub included with Maxonline is good. I got much faster speeds opposed to that from Singnet mobile bb.

Blog Entries

dun get either. use ur wifi and scout around for free wifi like those at macdonals

Don't ever go for M1 Mobile BB. Reading from other experiences here, mine seems to be not the only few.

l have complained to M1 for almost a year and they still can't resolve my connection problem. Even changed a new modem. My line kept disconnected and is running very slow. Imagine the frustration of connecting every 10-15 mins...sometimes every 5 mins. l understand that it is a base station issue which l think M1 does nothing about it to enhance it even though they promised to do something about it. Eventually, they offered to terminate my contract without penalty which l am going to do so. Am planning to go back to my previous Singtel BB which l have no such problems at all.

i have tried all 3 providers. M1 always has network problems. That was about a year back when I cancelled it and I actually saw few guys cancelling M1 and walked straight to singtel at bugis to apply new contract

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12