Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Close up lens for C750

  1. #1

    Default Close up lens for C750

    Hi;

    I am really amazed by those macro photos posted at the macro/close upo galleries.


    Could anyone recommend a good close up lens ( +4 )? What is the cost and its estimated focus distance when used with C750?

    The Super macro mode built in on the cam is too close (3-7 cm.) and most insect would disappear before I could get close enough and focus.

  2. #2

    Default

    I am using the Hoya +4. Apparently there will be distortions at the edges but I guess it will do for me now.

    The cost is about $14 for a brand new one. Focus distance will be around 20-25 cm away.

  3. #3

    Default

    Originally posted by NiVleK
    I am using the Hoya +4. Apparently there will be distortions at the edges but I guess it will do for me now.

    The cost is about $14 for a brand new one. Focus distance will be around 20-25 cm away.
    So did u compare the distortion at less zoom vs full zoom vs super macro mode?

    May be 1/2 zoom at +4 or full zoom at + 2 may be better combination?

  4. #4

    Default

    The distortions are really quite hard to notice for using only one +4... but I got greedy and used 2... soooooo... its kinda obvious with 2 +4 stacked.

  5. #5

    Default

    Originally posted by bigmouse
    So did u compare the distortion at less zoom vs full zoom vs super macro mode?

    May be 1/2 zoom at +4 or full zoom at + 2 may be better combination?
    By the way, any idea how much canon 250D cost?

  6. #6

    Default

    Originally posted by NiVleK
    The distortions are really quite hard to notice for using only one +4... but I got greedy and used 2... soooooo... its kinda obvious with 2 +4 stacked.
    How to tell +4 or +6 on your photos in your " Humble Gallery using the Olympus C750uz "

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally posted by bigmouse
    By the way, any idea how much canon 250D cost?
    $110 like that if I am not wrong..

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally posted by bigmouse
    How to tell +4 or +6 on your photos in your " Humble Gallery using the Olympus C750uz "
    Erm...actually I also forgotten liaos... hehhee..paiseh..

  9. #9

    Default

    Originally posted by NiVleK
    $110 like that if I am not wrong..

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally posted by NiVleK
    $110 like that if I am not wrong..
    CP quoted me ~$170 w/gst (as a walk-in customer) for a 58mm one ard a month ago. anywhere that sells cheaper?

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by yellow_kiwi
    CP quoted me ~$170 w/gst (as a walk-in customer) for a 58mm one ard a month ago. anywhere that sells cheaper?
    Try doing an equote at MS color or CP. I was given that $110+ price by some other ppl so I can confirm it.

    If I am not wrong, Canon 250D comes in 3 sizes right?

  12. #12

    Default

    Originally posted by yellow_kiwi
    CP quoted me ~$170 w/gst (as a walk-in customer) for a 58mm one ard a month ago. anywhere that sells cheaper?
    Way out of my budget... Any cheaper make with double element?

    heard Megaweb recommend Nikon3/4/5/6 T .. are they cheaper or more ex than 250D?

  13. #13

    Default

    Originally posted by bigmouse
    Way out of my budget... Any cheaper make with double element?

    heard Megaweb recommend Nikon3/4/5/6 T .. are they cheaper or more ex than 250D?
    I am finding out about that too!

    Any kind fellows to guide these blind mices here?

  14. #14

    Default

    Originally posted by NiVleK
    The distortions are really quite hard to notice for using only one +4... but I got greedy and used 2... soooooo... its kinda obvious with 2 +4 stacked.
    Is it hard to focus at full zoom (10x) with +4 close up filter?

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by bigmouse
    Is it hard to focus at full zoom (10x) with +4 close up filter?
    I was kinda not used to it at the beginning but it became easier as you take more photos.

  16. #16

    Default

    Originally posted by NiVleK
    I was kinda not used to it at the beginning but it became easier as you take more photos.
    Lens quality is very important. Hope 250D is over kill and there are cheaper lens that match C750 since its not DSLR class.

  17. #17

    Default

    Originally posted by bigmouse
    Lens quality is very important. Hope 250D is over kill and there are cheaper lens that match C750 since its not DSLR class.
    Definitely.. I am hoping for that too.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Originally posted by yellow_kiwi
    CP quoted me ~$170 w/gst (as a walk-in customer) for a 58mm one ard a month ago. anywhere that sells cheaper?
    I was lucky that I was able to get one at $100 w/gst at mscolors a few months ago when I bought the dry cab from them too.
    Last edited by majere2sg; 28th July 2003 at 07:59 PM.
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  19. #19

    Default

    Originally posted by NiVleK
    I am finding out about that too!

    Any kind fellows to guide these blind mices here?

    Can across this from another tread... The Hoya and Nikon 4T is about 1/2 of 250D's price. But Nikon 4T only +3. Is it enough to satisfy your crave for super macro? If not need to stack more $

    Also; check out the hoya lens as well: http://www.camerastore.com/cat_003_hoya/003closeup.html



    Wryer
    Member

    Registered: Jun 2002
    Location:
    Posts: 290

    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by 233mmx
    as requested
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------



    Thanks!

    But people, pls do contribute to this price thingy. Let me start off, hopefully the threadstarter has time to update his webbie!

    1) Hoya Macro Lens: $45
    2) Nikon T4 Macro Lens: $49
    3) Canon 250D Macro Lens: $99

    All for MScolour, equote.



    Last edited by bigmouse; 29th July 2003 at 11:00 AM.

  20. #20

    Default

    Originally posted by bigmouse
    Can across this from another tread... The Hoya and Nikon 4T is about 1/2 of 250D's price. But Nikon 4T only +3. Is it enough to satisfy your crave for super macro? If not need to stack more $

    Also; check out the hoya lens as well: http://www.camerastore.com/cat_003_hoya/003closeup.html



    Wryer
    Member

    Registered: Jun 2002
    Location:
    Posts: 290

    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by 233mmx
    as requested
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------



    Thanks!

    But people, pls do contribute to this price thingy. Let me start off, hopefully the threadstarter has time to update his webbie!

    1) Hoya Macro Lens: $45
    2) Nikon T4 Macro Lens: $49
    3) Canon 250D Macro Lens: $99

    All for MScolour, equote.



    I am using the Hoya +4 already. That Hoya macro lens that close $45 is actually a +10. Hoya term this as a macro lens. I did a recent equote for it too. The price is $50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •