Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which DSLR?

Default Re: Which DSLR?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i'm just going to dump my opinion here that asking others without any elaboration of what you are looking for, either suggests that you do not know, and need some form of reassurance that your lack of knowledge is alright. it is not - or that you know what you want, but you just are happy enough to let everyone rub their slanted opinions off on you just for the sake of it.

these days, most cameras are decent, and the differences in performance are really marginal for the consumer-user. so read dpreview, read imaging resource, go down to the shops, cop a feel of those cameras you think are worth it. then clarify your queries about statements made in a positive manner here if you think fit. asking "what should i buy" is just going to end up with fanboys pushing their brands, and a waste of everybody's time.
    Hi, i apologize if i have caused any misunderstanding.. but anyway thanks for commenting. i somehow got what u meant.

Quote Originally Posted by screamedinfidelities View Post
    do research.Have DSLRs from all manufacturers in mind, not just the Ns and Cs. Narrow them down and go to the shops and test out. Also go to webbies such as Dpreview.

I took about 4 months to choose my A200. Well worth it!
    (:
    i took 2 years to choose my D80. hur hur.

Quote Originally Posted by prodriver View Post
    Hi, i apologize if i have caused any misunderstanding.. but anyway thanks for commenting. i somehow got what u meant.
    the best advice is to read up on both, then head down to a shop and feel one. you should also start a thread asking what are the pros and cons of the 40d, and a SEPERATE THREAD for the D90. that way, you won't get fanboys trying to debauch the other brand and you can get a better grasp of the flaws of each camera.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

Hmm, i will most probably go for the EOS 40D, just waiting for the price to drop more (as 50D coming out soon).. I notice that there are 2 different kits to choose from that is the 18-55mm and the 17-85mm USM. Besides providing more zoom, what are the other features or difference between this 2 lens? Help, anyone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prodriver View Post
    Hmm, i will most probably go for the EOS 40D, just waiting for the price to drop more (as 50D coming out soon).. I notice that there are 2 different kits to choose from that is the 18-55mm and the 17-85mm USM. Besides providing more zoom, what are the other features or difference between this 2 lens? Help, anyone?

Thanks
    wa nang si nikonian, so i dunno haha! why not get the 50d? the specs have been zhnged haha ok i shan't poison you.

Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    wa nang si nikonian, so i dunno haha! why not get the 50d? the specs have been zhnged haha ok i shan't poison you.
    haha.. 15.1MP on a sensor that is still of the same size, i am afraid of the noise level despite the new digi 4 processor.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Koenigsegg/Bugatti Veyron = Canon 1Ds MkIII
    Ferrari = Nikon D3
    Lamborghini = Nikon D700
    Porsche = Canon 5D
    xxxxxxxx = Nikon D300
    xxxxxxxx = Canon 40D
    Nissan GT-R = Nikon D90
    xxxxxxxx = Canon 450
    and the list goes on....
    off-topic here...
    What about Leica?

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Hi, i am thinking of getting a new car (not intending to upgrade within the next 4 years), below are the models that i have in mind (pls give me some guidance, as i'm kind of new to driving)

Porsche 911 Turbo?
    or the Nissan GT-R?

Pls recommend.
    Thanks

Seriously, do you think I can get an honest objective answer to this question?

ok... anyway, apologies for the sarcasm. I'm using cars as an analogy, because that is another area of interest of mine.
    The point is: Each car make and model has its own strengths and weaknesses. Some have better brand exclusivity; some have more practicality; some are better built; some are faster... etc and the list goes on...
    at least you must let others know what sort of criteria you have in mind.
    1) Budget
    2) Brand preference (perhaps you owned another camera of this brand before, or a relative has lenses to share)
    3) Features preferred (fast auto-focus, movie mode, live-view, etc)
    etc etc etc...
    Good analogy, lol. The GT-R (Nikon D90) has better performance and its cheaper (not entirely sure till it's launched) to buy while the 997 Turbo (EOS 40D) is more expensive and not as fast as it's older than the GT-R. But build quality wise and desirability (subjective), the 997 Turbo would trump the Nissan.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFox View Post
    What about Leica?
    Leica would be Rolls Royce then. Full of heritage and prestige and mighty expensive to buy.

Have to agree to most of the replies here that D90 and EOS40D are of different classes (one entry-level, the other mid-range).

If you are new to photography, the mid-range systems may be too "manual". If you have the $$$ or you are very sure/determined of your new hobby, by all means and go ahead to get one. If not, you may wanna get an entry-level system (D90, EOS450D, etc) to try out first and upgrade later (entry-level can become a backup for u).

I wouldnt want you to spend more $$$ and get a mid-range system, and end up having trouble learning how to use the dSLR.

Just my 2 cents worth of opinions. You make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by bruggink View Post
    Have to agree to most of the replies here that D90 and EOS40D are of different classes (one entry-level, the other mid-range).

If you are new to photography, the mid-range systems may be too "manual". If you have the $$$ or you are very sure/determined of your new hobby, by all means and go ahead to get one. If not, you may wanna get an entry-level system (D90, EOS450D, etc) to try out first and upgrade later (entry-level can become a backup for u).

I wouldnt want you to spend more $$$ and get a mid-range system, and end up having trouble learning how to use the dSLR.

Just my 2 cents worth of opinions. You make your own decision.
    err too manual? why too manual? they still have Av/Tv/A/P/M or A/S/M/Auto/P

???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12