Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

Quote Originally Posted by dccruzjr View Post
    I guess many photographers and photo community complained about the lens restriction and tripod. Got an email from Singapore GP and below is the quotation regarding lens and tripod use during the F1 Race:

Dear Valued Customer,

With less than a month to go until our historic race, we are delighted to highlight some of the key points to note to make your time with us as enjoyable as possible. Over the coming weeks we will be sharing more insider tips that we hope you will find useful.

We have received some very valuable feedback from ticket holders since we started selling tickets in February this year. As a result of which we have revised several of our published Terms and Conditions.

"Cameras and Tripods

Thanks for your feedback here and again we have some positive changes to report. The restriction on lens focal length and tripods (including monopods) has been removed. However, tripods and monopods may not be used in grandstands or in locations where they may block other spectators views. All are now allowed subject to a strict personal use policy. The rights to all images belong to Formula One Management Ltd, and cannot be used for any commercial purpose without the express approval of the company. By agreeing to enter the circuit, you have agreed that the images captured are solely for your personal (amateur) use only. We reserve the right to remove any photographic/videographic equipment from the park should we feel are meant for commercial purposes."

Any comments??? Reaction???
    is there a need to keep posting the same email after other have already done so?
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

this is just FYI only..

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by kennethw View Post
    What lenses are you bringing to the Singapore F1. There is a lens length restriction of 300mm in the FAQ's at http://www.singaporegp.sg/ticket/faq.php
    i just got an email saying that there is now no restriction on the lens

Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    is there a need to keep posting the same email after other have already done so?
    Almost seems like people are not reading previous posts in the same thread before posting. Shocking!

Quote Originally Posted by lennyl View Post
    Almost seems like people are not reading previous posts in the same thread before posting. Shocking!
    well I'd say nearly all of them so far can't be bothered to read before firing off a post with the "latest" news that we've heard 5 times already(i didn't count, its just a random number).
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    well I'd say nearly all of them so far can't be bothered to read before firing off a post with the "latest" news that we've heard 5 times already(i didn't count, its just a random number).
    That happens sometimes. But at other times what happens is that a person go to the thread, don't see it, clicks Post A Reply and start typing, and by the time he / she has finished typing, at least one person beat them to the "Submit" button.

Anyway I'm getting off topic here, so let me end with saying congrats to those of you who intend to go take photos of the F1 race. Looking forward to your photos here.
    Last edited by lennyl; 8th September 2008 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s598719 View Post
    Best to get walkabout tickets. But then need to plan where to walk to get good shoots.

How can I buy a walkabout ticket...not available online leh...
    Anyone plan a gathering at walkabout area?

Quote Originally Posted by Lingkm82 View Post
    How can I buy a walkabout ticket...not available online leh...
    Anyone plan a gathering at walkabout area?

Try ebay.com.sg, seach by F1. there are about 150 post on the tickets.

Sold my 1 pair of walk about ticket yesterday cos i know it will be difficult to have a shot there. But of cos, you can enjoy the crowd and the roar of the V8 engines.

The price now is very steep. I sold the 1 pair for $500. people are selling for $600 or more. cost is only $368.

Did I read the all the rights belong to the organiser for all the photos you take?

Quote Originally Posted by wishxtreme View Post
    Try ebay.com.sg, seach by F1. there are about 150 post on the tickets.

Sold my 1 pair of walk about ticket yesterday cos i know it will be difficult to have a shot there. But of cos, you can enjoy the crowd and the roar of the V8 engines.

The price now is very steep. I sold the 1 pair for $500. people are selling for $600 or more. cost is only $368.
    Huh... Ebay? Didn't it is quite dangerous to buy it on ebay...might be a fake ticket...
    Walkabaout ticket also have such high value...sigh...seems like no chance going lo...

Quote Originally Posted by AReality View Post
    Did I read the all the rights belong to the organiser for all the photos you take?.
    I am afraid so... organizer wont allow any photo taken to be commercially used or to gain profit from it...

vince123123
    Guests

So long as you are not bound by contract, you are allowed to do anything you want with the photos.

Does it mean that if I take pictures from a surrounding building outside of the even area I can sell them since I would not have a ticket and not bound by the conditions?

vince123123
    Guests

Eh, you sure got such thing as owning airspace? Any further details on this Ferrari in Monte Carlo issue?

hahaha...this doesn't work either, because Bernie owns the airspace too. Look what happed to Ferrari in Monte Carlo.

Quote Originally Posted by woofmy View Post
    as long as u have sports channel on SH, you should have rite? unless they remove Starsports
    Yep, if you subscribe to sports channel. Sports channel is not default type of channel.

vince123123
    Guests

Do note that changing the terms and conditions after the fact may not be enforceable under law

Very happy to hear this good news. I didn't get the email because I am buying my tickets off a friend who has been called on a business trip. I was just about to go get the 300mm f/2.8 tomorrow, I now don't have to and will be bringing my 200-400mm and all my TC's. Longest I've taken with this lens is @ 400mm with TWO 2x TC's, great fun.

hahaha...this doesn't work either, because Bernie owns the airspace too. Look what happed to Ferrari in Monte Carlo.
    I highly doubt a private entity can own any portion of airspace above Singapore.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post
    I highly doubt a private entity can own any portion of airspace above Singapore.
    Of course not literally, but anything that happens within the F1 compound is owned by the FIA (aka Bernie) regardless of access point (aka airspace). In Monte Carlo, Bernie was flying over the track and saw that Ferrari painted their logo on top of their semi-trailers and proceeded to charge them for advertising space.

BTW ... look up "Sarcasm" ...

vince123123
    Guests

Sarcasm meaning that it was meant to be a joke and no one owns the airspace.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234