Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 78

Thread: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

  1. #1

    Default Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    What lenses are you bringing to the Singapore F1. There is a lens length restriction of 300mm in the FAQ's at http://www.singaporegp.sg/ticket/faq.php

    ----- QUOTE -----
    17. Is photo taking allowed inside or during the race?

    Only photos intended for home use may be shot within the Circuit Park. No images may be made for professional or for personal gain. All telephoto camera lenses must not have a focal length of greater than 300mm. Ordinary Ticket Holders must not bring into or use within the Circuit Park any professional video cameras, handy cams or tripod equipment. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any photographic or video equipment at any time.

    ----- UNQUOTE -----

    But no mention of the Lens length in the Ticket T&C's at http://www.singaporegp.sg/ticket/term_condition.php

    ----- QUOTE -----
    6.PHOTOGRAPHS, IMAGES & RECORDING, AND THE COLLECTION OF INFORMATION

    6.1 Unless authorised by SGPPL in writing, Ticket Holders must not bring into or use within the Circuit Park any photographic or video cameras or equipment that SGPPL, in its absolute discretion, deems unacceptable for the purpose of Clause 6.2 below, which may include (without limitation) camera tripods, monopods or professional photographic or video cameras or equipment.

    6.2 Without limiting any action available to SGPPL, it is a condition of sale that all Ticket Holders acknowledge and accept that it is a condition of entry to the Race that:

    (a) a person cannot make or reproduce or use any film or other form of moving picture, still pictures, photographs or any sound recording or any of them ("Footage") of the Race or any part of it for profit, gain, public advertisement, display or for any other purpose except for the private enjoyment of the person making the Footage, without the consent of FOM and / or FOA; and
    (b) if a person makes or reproduces or uses such Footage of the Race or any part of it with or without the consent of FOA and/or FOM, that person shall on request by FOA and/or FOMassign, in writing, all copyright and all intellectual property in the Footage to either FOM and / or FOA or their assignees.

    6.3 Ticket Holders acknowledge that FOA and third parties authorised by FOA may make or record film or other forms of moving pictures, still pictures, sound recording or any of them of the Race (including, without limitation, of Ticket Holders). Unless the Ticket Holder otherwise reaches an agreement with FOA, each Ticket Holder hereby grants the FIA, FOA and/or FOML and third parties authorised by them permission to use photographs, film, tape, or other images or likenesses of the Ticket Holder, or any sound recording, in any media (including publication within and outside Singapore) and for any purpose without identification, compensation or payment of any kind.

    6.4 Ticket Holders consent to being photographed, filmed and recorded as members of the Race audience, and consent to the use of any such film, image or recording for public transmission.

    6.5 SGPPL shall have the right to allow any authorised photographers and/or videographers into the Circuit Park for photography and/or video recordings for future advertising and promotional purposes without prior permission from the Ticket Holder.

    6.6 SGPPL collects personal information about Ticket Holders which is necessary for it to operate the Race and to help promote the Race. In particular, SGPPL may collect the name, address and phone number of each Ticket Holder for the purposes of coordinating the seating and/or viewing arrangements at the Race and of conducting research, marketing and promotional activities in relation to the Race and subsequent Races.

    Unless Ticket Holders advise otherwise, Ticket Holders consent to receiving future promotional and marketing material from SGPPL, including via electronic messages (e.g. email, SMS etc).

    ----- UNQUOTE -----

    Does it mean that if I take pictures from a surrounding building outside of the even area I can sell them since I would not have a ticket and not bound by the conditions?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    Quote Originally Posted by kennethw View Post
    ...All telephoto camera lenses must not have a focal length of greater than 300mm.
    hmm... means can bring a 300mm plus 2x teleconverter?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    Quote Originally Posted by t0tor0 View Post
    hmm... means can bring a 300mm plus 2x teleconverter?
    hmmm... but that means the 300mm f/2.8 because with a 2x Teleconverter that would already be f/5.6 ... Expensive ....

  4. #4

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    But the organiser still reserved the rights to remove your equipment if they this is professional. The question is "What is professional equipment?"

  5. #5

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    But the organiser still reserved the rights to remove your equipment if they this is professional. The question is "What is professional equipment?"
    ask the professor, he will know.

    for some ppl DSLR automaticaly = ploorfessional.

    wah a bit hard to tell whats professional and whats not.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  6. #6
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    Ask me, I know. I'll be stationed at one of the entrances to confiscate any photography equipment which I deem is of professional grade. Of course, that would be the last time you'd ever see them......

  7. #7

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Ask me, I know. I'll be stationed at one of the entrances to confiscate any photography equipment which I deem is of professional grade. Of course, that would be the last time you'd ever see them......
    you need assistant?
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  8. #8

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    huh... pay so much $$$ for the ticket and cannot take good pics? for a person who has $$ to spend on grandstand tickets, surely got $$$ for ploorfessional cameras like D3 so, cannot bring?

    maybe we should start a flash mob asking everyone to bring PnS and then really "flash mob" (synchronize the flash) at Hamilton... see whether he crash or not... hehehehe

    then next year.... no flash... hahaha

  9. #9

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    Quote Originally Posted by woofmy View Post
    huh... pay so much $$$ for the ticket and cannot take good pics? for a person who has $$ to spend on grandstand tickets, surely got $$$ for ploorfessional cameras like D3 so, cannot bring?

    maybe we should start a flash mob asking everyone to bring PnS and then really "flash mob" (synchronize the flash) at Hamilton... see whether he crash or not... hehehehe

    then next year.... no flash... hahaha
    PnS flash only? bring sb-800/900 or 580ex with external power pack. or set up studio strobes. confirm blinded.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  10. #10

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    quick... check whether flash is allowed? :P

  11. #11
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    But the organiser still reserved the rights to remove your equipment if they this is professional. The question is "What is professional equipment?"
    Its consider "Professional" oni if u r shooting and earning/making a profit from the shoot..
    A person can be using a PnS and shooting for a sports magazine..and this is call professional..and the equipment he/she uses is consider professional equipment..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    Quote Originally Posted by woofmy View Post
    huh... pay so much $$$ for the ticket and cannot take good pics? for a person who has $$ to spend on grandstand tickets, surely got $$$ for ploorfessional cameras like D3 so, cannot bring?

    many on grandstand tkts did not buy them but offered foc; not necessary rich ladies

  13. #13

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Its consider "Professional" oni if u r shooting and earning/making a profit from the shoot..
    A person can be using a PnS and shooting for a sports magazine..and this is call professional..and the equipment he/she uses is consider professional equipment..
    i'll bet you there'll be some security officials who don't think that way. they see dslr with dua liap lens, "CANNOT! YOU ISH MORE PLOORFESSIONAL THAN LIM BEI, CANNOT!"

    zzz i shoot my tv at home. no one to stop me. can set up tripod, drinks, food, best can macro somemore.

    Quote Originally Posted by mcn View Post
    many on grandstand tkts did not buy them but offered foc; not necessary rich ladies
    they are offered the tickets because they work for big companies or are socialites etc. only a tiny minority of the people who get free tickets for the grandstand area are prize winners. and i see you're doing the gender thing again.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  14. #14

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    i'll bet you there'll be some security officials who don't think that way. they see dslr with dua liap lens, "CANNOT! YOU ISH MORE PLOORFESSIONAL THAN LIM BEI, CANNOT!"

    zzz i shoot my tv at home. no one to stop me. can set up tripod, drinks, food, best can macro somemore.



    they are offered the tickets because they work for big companies or are socialites etc. only a tiny minority of the people who get free tickets for the grandstand area are prize winners. and i see you're doing the gender thing again.
    ok, them ... not necessary ladies i mean

    i am offered tkt too... n am not rich or prize winner n no boss
    n i asked too bout the terms n condition (& restriction); all i can reveal (tell u) is that
    the T&C does not apply to everyone -- say what u like
    there is favorism in this planet

  15. #15
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    i'll bet you there'll be some security officials who don't think that way. they see dslr with dua liap lens, "CANNOT! YOU ISH MORE PLOORFESSIONAL THAN LIM BEI, CANNOT!"

    zzz i shoot my tv at home. no one to stop me. can set up tripod, drinks, food, best can macro somemore.



    they are offered the tickets because they work for big companies or are socialites etc. only a tiny minority of the people who get free tickets for the grandstand area are prize winners. and i see you're doing the gender thing again.
    my company president flying in with a free VIP ticket from McLaren..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  16. #16

    Talking Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    zzz i shoot my tv at home. no one to stop me. can set up tripod, drinks, food, best can macro somemore.
    not forgetting... you can walk around in your boxers while doing all that

  17. #17
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    Quote Originally Posted by mcn View Post
    ok, them ... not necessary ladies i mean

    i am offered tkt too... n am not rich or prize winner n no boss
    n i asked too bout the terms n condition (& restriction); all i can reveal (tell u) is that
    the T&C does not apply to everyone -- say what u like
    there is favorism in this planet
    I totally agree with u on this, Sista!
    Rules are bend when it is not favourable to the one in Power..and rules are oni meant for commoners like us..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    my company president flying in with a free VIP ticket from McLaren..
    o.O he going to be in the maclaren box? at mariott there. aircon and all
    my colleagues get to attend a lunch with massa and raikonnen.

    Quote Originally Posted by woofmy View Post
    not forgetting... you can walk around in your boxers while doing all that
    can walk arnd WITHOUT your boxers if you want. just remember to draw the curtains, sekali someone in the opposite block got telephoto lens and nothing better to do.....
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  19. #19

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    Quote Originally Posted by woofmy View Post
    not forgetting... you can walk around in your boxers while doing all that
    I think you need to subscribe to special Starhub channel to watch at home.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

    Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    I think you need to subscribe to special Starhub channel to watch at home.
    as long as u have sports channel on SH, you should have rite? unless they remove Starsports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •