Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70

Thread: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    wad about the LBV?

  2. #42

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    i bought at Selegie. i was using the water bladder 2 years b4 SAF issued them as standard gear. i very motivated wan ah. hahaa...
    Blackhawk Tactical Gear
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    a combo of Blackhawk LBV + Camelbak hydration system. i really like the snug fit.

    u weren't expecting a Paul London gears, would u?
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 3rd September 2008 at 11:52 PM. Reason: spell error

  4. #44

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    must paint it like got chicken pox. full of dots dots.
    Ya lor

  5. #45

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    It says in another section of today's newspaper that the new body armor can withstand 7.62mm GPMG rounds from a distance of 15m.

    Call me skeptical, but I would looooooooooooooooove to see a live demonstration of this.
    hoho. caaaaaan... the armor will be ok, only got one hole lo.. they never say the person wearing it can withstand not.

    it should be impossible for light plate/ceramic body armour to stop a 7.62 long round (the rounds that the AK family of assault rifles use) at 15m. 9mm i believe la. 7.62 GPMG rounds is the long or short one? if so easy to stop the round then we still hump the GPMG arnd for what? haha
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  6. #46

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    It says in another section of today's newspaper that the new body armor can withstand 7.62mm GPMG rounds from a distance of 15m.

    Call me skeptical, but I would looooooooooooooooove to see a live demonstration of this.

    ya can withstand rounds thrown at the wearer at a dist of 15m ppppppppppppppp

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    how com the helmet no new technology? i was hoping for built-in CPU fans, those upper ranks will get liquid cooled versions!

    about the armour, can i suggest a custom moulded 1? was thinking in line of Speedo swim suit... head to toe best!
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 4th September 2008 at 01:47 PM.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    how com ethe helmet no new technology? i was hoping for built-in CPU fans, those upper ranks will get liquid cooled versions!

    about the armour, can i suggest a custom moulded 1? was thinking in line of Speedo swim suit... head to toe best!
    haha sculpted to show off all your muscles and "bulges". heh heh.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    floating in space.
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    hoho. caaaaaan... the armor will be ok, only got one hole lo.. they never say the person wearing it can withstand not.

    it should be impossible for light plate/ceramic body armour to stop a 7.62 long round (the rounds that the AK family of assault rifles use) at 15m. 9mm i believe la. 7.62 GPMG rounds is the long or short one? if so easy to stop the round then we still hump the GPMG arnd for what? haha
    Yeah that's pretty much what my colleagues and I were saying. The armor still intact, but your ribs have disintegrated from the impact of the GPMG rounds.

    I hope someone can put a YouTube clip of this up soon.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

  10. #50

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Yeah that's pretty much what my colleagues and I were saying. The armor still intact, but your ribs have disintegrated from the impact of the GPMG rounds.

    I hope someone can put a YouTube clip of this up soon.
    i don't think the armour can stop the penetration of the round either. hmmm
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    floating in space.
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    i don't think the armour can stop the penetration of the round either. hmmm
    I don't think the armor can stop you from having to drop 20 if your sergeant asks you to.

    the armor will also not be able to stop arrows coming from the top.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

  12. #52

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    I don't think the armor can stop you from having to drop 20 if your sergeant asks you to.

    the armor will also not be able to stop arrows coming from the top.
    lol!

    no armour can stop that one. except the kind of armour with four stars. or the kind of armour with 2 letters. PM, MM, SM, etc.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    911

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    Mindef never mention about those old soldier under Mindef Reserve like me. If suay suay got war then how lar? I report with my old camo, no "SINGAPORE" tab somemore.

    Later RSM say I enemy liao.

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by greenieadi View Post
    Mindef never mention about those old soldier under Mindef Reserve like me. If suay suay got war then how lar? I report with my old camo, no "SINGAPORE" tab somemore.

    Later RSM say I enemy liao.
    maybe reserve units go serve at cook house?

  15. #55

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by greenieadi View Post
    Mindef never mention about those old soldier under Mindef Reserve like me. If suay suay got war then how lar? I report with my old camo, no "SINGAPORE" tab somemore.

    Later RSM say I enemy liao.
    Those beyond 7th ICT don't get to change new uniform already. Can forget about Mindef Reserve. New uniform seems to work very well in the bushes, think quite good for bird/nature photography. But I won't be able to get it too.

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,376

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    Why do I foresee many bird shooters wearing this on their outings?

  17. #57

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    take cover!

    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  18. #58
    Senior Member Override2Zion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Singapore/Bangkok Thailand
    Posts
    2,111

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    take cover!

    Haa haa dun prone there, someone might sit on you!
    Anyways, the new uniform looks ugly IMHO... but then they say it serves the purpose better so i shall not debate further.
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

  19. #59

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    LOLZ! Those 'rich' ah-peks long ago knew how to 'take-cover' while out with their mistresses in urban war-zones like night-clubs and dim lounges!

    The new pattern is called the 'Digital Camo'. Been in the US for awhile now. It's great that it did not take decades for the SAF to pick up on good things.
    So it's supposed to emulate noise in night vision devices huh? Looks like fractals.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 4th September 2008 at 04:05 PM.

  20. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,376

    Default Re: Singapore Armed Forces to introduce new combat uniform in 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    take cover!

    So next time the camou paint on the face also must be "digitised"? Thats going to take a while....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •