Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What r your views abt lady photographers?

Originally posted by Violett
    wow.. what a discussion..

well, I guess the statement about Gals and machine don't mix is quite a passe.. Quite a number of female photographers that I know are really good, even into the specs of the equiptment.. hmm.. say for example our own CS photographer Dagger... and some ladies are more tech savy than the guys too..

Well, think its not who is behind the camera, i think the final work speaks for itself.
    That's pretty straight. MrBig just gotta get out from that closet and see the real world. By then, he might even change his nick, who knows.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What r your views abt lady photographers?

Originally posted by NitroTech
    Lavenderlilz: think you better spell it out for him in black and white.
    Nitro - why bother? Afterall, small minded statements usually come from small brains that refuse to see it in any other way. If I spell it out, there is no capacity to take it in.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What r your views abt lady photographers?

Originally posted by MrBig

besides i'm just pointing out my personal views to the topic and what i firmly believe in

Well, so do you believe that our female CS'pers like Dagger, violett, joywalker, cherlyn, isomer, digitET, lavender, argent, and many more, even our new member cherry can take better pictures then you?

If no, you really gotta get out from that closet then. Cos everyone outside your closet believes in that.

Dont't ever understaimate Girl Power !! eg:

1. Power Puff Girls
    2. Aroyo
    3. Megawati
    4. Syu Ki
    5. Wonder Woman?
    6. Hillary
    7. Queen of England
    8. Mother Theresa
    9. Our Mother

just my 2 cent........

ouch!

Originally posted by kiwi2
    Ok seriously...

Well.... It's a guy thing to maybe look at "pretty" gals. When we talk about portrait shoots, be it outdoors or studio, naturally we tend to think of female models rather than male ones. So I suppose when it comes to photography, people tend to associate it with the male stereotype of thinking. Just like when you are in engineering in the uni, pple tend to have the stereotype that the gals there are geeky or look . From my experience, guys like to go to arts faculty to "chio" at the arts gals. So I suppose in photography, some pple might just think in such stereotypes, that lady photographers are not "chio".

From what I see so far informally, seems like there are more guy photgraphers than female ones. I'm not talking about those who simply own cameras but those who are serious or enthusiastic in photography, maybe those who own mid-level SLRs and the f/2.8s.
    a lot of the girls in biz faculty & mass com CHIO

Originally posted by Jer76
    No wonder my photos are like **** but seriously nowadays i see more female photographers.. but in the end it's the photos that count be it taken by male or female.
    jer buay hiao bai!

any famous female photogs that you know of?

Originally posted by beivied
    any famous female photogs that you know of?
    Bambi Cantrell

Lady fotographers are cool

Prob is dun see them or wrong time wrong place.

Whenever I go to Cathay or Cam workshop, I see guys only. Whe I participate in studion shoots org by a member, I dun see any ladies. They are somewhere out there...........

Well i dunno if she is famous or not, but i like her work. Angela Scott.

http://www.angelascott.co.nz/

Well, MrBig, it's good to see that machoistic bigoted behaviour of yours at work again. I still remember your tasteless joke about "comfort woman" some time ago, and I see that you still haven't changed.

I guess it's time to call a spade a spade, and I'm afraid to say, MrBig, that you are what I call a first class, prize winning, grade A, top quality, generously proportioned moron.

And no, this is not a flame, this is NOT a flame; it would be a flame if I, for example, said "togu is a moron." Now, that'd be a flame, since I'd be insulting him with something that isn't quite true. But here, I'm just merely laying out the facts, that you, MrBig, are a moron of the highest order. I'd say you belong to the top ten list of morons here. Maybe in the top 5, even.

Originally posted by YSLee
    Well, MrBig, it's good to see that machoistic bigoted behaviour of yours at work again. I still remember your tasteless joke about "comfort woman" some time ago, and I see that you still haven't changed.

I guess it's time to call a spade a spade, and I'm afraid to say, MrBig, that you are what I call a first class, prize winning, grade A, top quality, generously proportioned moron.

And no, this is not a flame, this is NOT a flame; it would be a flame if I, for example, said "togu is a moron." Now, that'd be a flame, since I'd be insulting him with something that isn't quite true. But here, I'm just merely laying out the facts, that you, MrBig, are a moron of the highest order. I'd say you belong to the top ten list of morons here. Maybe in the top 5, even.
    Well said, except for that "togu is a moron" example. Grrrr...

Having funny ideas on pretty girls, looking down on women etc are some little boys dreams. Nothing wrong with that, unless you're throwing it out on a public forum for all to see.

Tsk Tsk...

HAHAHA! I just went to your galleries and saw the pics you posted of yourself... now I see where your sense of inequality came from, because evidently God hasn't been fair on your face. (Did you get the plate no of the car that ran over you?)

It's fine to have an opinion. But JUSTIFY it. Come on, facts please. Not bigoted flatulent posturing. And fishing for reactions is very, very uncool.

Originally posted by discolite
    HAHAHA! I just went to your galleries and saw the pics you posted of yourself... now I see where your sense of inequality came from, because evidently God hasn't been fair on your face. (Did you get the plate no of the car that ran over you?)

It's fine to have an opinion. But JUSTIFY it. Come on, facts please. Not bigoted flatulent posturing. And fishing for reactions is very, very uncool.

Oh come one, don't be mean, it's not his fault anyway, for god being unfair.

/me wonder is Mr. Big in the wrong froum?? ,

I didnt know photography is abt talking abt the sex of the person and not the end result of the shot .

Can someone direct him to a chio bu site instead??

I strongly believe there are many more things tat need your attention on rather then make yourself look bad. The reply you have given here has just reflected wat kind of person you are. Go shoot more photos and share here i think most will apperciate more then your tasteless remarks.

Originally posted by jeffgoh
    Go shoot more photos and share here i think most will apperciate more then your tasteless remarks.
    well he has loads and loads of photos on his Pbase site what........... if you consider them "photos" lah.......

well he has loads and loads of photos on his Pbase site what........... if you consider them "photos" lah.......

pls lah i wun even categorize them as "snapshots".

After viewing them, one would realise its a waste of time & a real strain on the eye.
    Last edited by lavenderlilz; 28th July 2003 at 04:01 PM.

OIC... then.... make it

Go shoot more quality photos instead of those tasteless shots and share here i think most will apperciate more then your tasteless remarks.

Originally posted by discolite

pls lah i dun think God is unfair. In fact, very fair man. Since got this kind of attitude, might as well give a complete package

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast